IGNORED

What is your favourite shot to play and what shot do you find the hardest to play?

mgolfer
Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my opinion, I love hitting flop shots. I only learnt how to do them recently but it has come natural to me and I just enjoy the feel of hitting a high, softly landing shot.

My favorite part of golf is pitching and chipping. I'm not bad an getting up and down is really satisfying. If anyone can tell me how to hit a high draw with a 3-wood instead of a duck hook...

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Favorite: Any low draw shot
Toughest: High Cut

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

favorite: medium trajectory draw with a driver
least favorite: slicing a driver
hardest (to control): 30-80 yd bunker shot
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

On one of my more often played courses, the 18th is very tightly lined by trees and bends left (362 yards). If I am hitting my driver well I pull it out and try to hammer a 15-20 yard draw. If I pull it off I'll have 50-60 yards or less into a large green that slopes back to front (very receptive).

least favorite... 50 yard bunker shot.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

A straight one.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

i like all shots equally. i might grade them on how challenging they are though.

i like the challenge of a "difficult" shot - 60 yard bunker, fried egg, off hard ground, high draw or fade around a tree, nasty little 5-footer, punch 4 iron 150 yards under trees!

if you don't like a shot before you get to the ball - chances are you won't like it standing over the ball. Get rid of the negativity. Practice the shot. It might save you a shot a round. That's a lot of doubles becoming singles!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Least Favorite: ANYTHING off the tee. Almost all mental because it doesn't matter if I pull a sandwedge to hit from the tee. Zero confidence from the tee right now.

Most favorite: My 56 degree from 85 yards. Seems to hunt the pin.

In the bag
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3W: Big Bertha
3 - SW X-18
Putter: oz

favourite gotta be drive needing big carry over anything (i only remember the good ones!)

check out kingsacre golf course just outside edinburgh its great it has a par 5 where you can LAND drive on the green

worst shot is the short downhill downwind putt that breaks away from me - THEY AGE YOU

kenny

Favorite: all versions of knockdown shots. I love hitting, say, a 110 yard shot with an 8 iron or 7 iron, making only a 1/2 pitch-type swing.

Least favorite/toughest for me: long bunker shots. Fairway bunkers are ok if it's wet/firm sand, but other than that, I hate 'em all. Can't practice these shots anywhere.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My favorite shot to play (in the sense that this is the shot i try to set myself up with the most often) has got to be a PW approach shot. I hit my PW about 135yards and have pretty good aim with this club. My most satisfying shot to play (when I hit it well) is a baby draw with my 3 iron. My least favorite shot to play is a long green side bunker shot, especially if the bunker is very deep and below a raised green.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

My favorite shot to play is just about anything from 165 in. Thats basically my 8 iron thru LW. Seem to keep control of ball flight and spin.
My least favorite shot is my 3 and 4 iron. Doesn't matter if I'm in the fairway or the rough, can not seem to make solid contact. Most of the time I completely chunk it and it might roll 70 yards. This is my biggest problem and one of the main reasons my score gets high.

favorite is around 100-110, a nice flush 52* feels great to me

least favorite has to be trying to hit the green with a 3. so around 200 or so .

in terms of actual shot shots... favorite = high draw .. least is punch fades/draws (i really need to work on those because i end up fading most of them but i can't always fade when i want to )

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

Favorite: 10 years ago, I never would've believed it, but driver on any hole that demands accuracy from the tee. 460cc heads made those shots a lot more fun.

Least Favorite: any type of short game pitch off a tight lie.

Losing spine angle is fault #1 in my game; when it happens on a pitch I either hit the ball 4 feet (now I have the pitch shot again!) or I blade it across the green.

It's almost to the point of having the yips - I'll be good in practice, I might even hit a number of good ones on the course, and then I'll get over one and it's as if I black out the second the club starts back.

I'm going to overcome it. Until I do, though, I'll be playing a lot of hybrid bumps when that option's available.

Lost Ball's favorite shot is a 7-iron from 170 out with a little wind going away from the hole
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

Craig Mac's favorite shot is the next one.
Craig Mac's least favorite shot was the last one.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!