• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Feeling pretty vindicated for all the work I've put in I finally broke par over 9 holes. Shot a 2 under, bogie free 34 on the front. I have shot par over 9 like 6 times or so but this feels like a bit of a breakthrough. I didn't play great on the back one bad tee shot led to a double and the putter went a little cold but overall it was a great day and it was cool because we actually had a full group and I usually play better alone. Now its time to put it together for 18 and break 70.
    • Agreed. Sieckmann refers to these shots as "Distance Wedges", but they are essentially shorter full swing motion shots. For me 30 or so yards from the pin is the line at which I will probably hit more of a full swing motion from A2, but depending on the shot, I can also use a pitching action from this distance. For these shots I use a 56* sand wedge.  This past winter I did a similar matrix for 9-SW on a simulator, but "on course" am learning that it needs significant refining and expanding (to include 8-iron). In the near term (once I have tightened up my mechanics), I plan to find a field or some time on a fairway to revisit. 
    • Oh sorry! I miss-typed. He teaches hitting DOWN on the driver. No, No, No. A little more control is possible with a downward stroke but critical distance is lost for those with SS below 100mph.  
    • Agreed. At 61 I still swing well over 100 mph, but find my accuracy is best when I hit a 10.5 degree driver with a level or even slightly descending blow. If I hit up with the driver I can get quite hooky. I prefer a power fade, my balls run into trouble more than they fly there. A softer landing fade mitigates a lot of issues for me.
    • I’ve watched a lot of his videos and do find him entertaining. I can’t speak for his actual course but it seems like he basically teaches a really flat swing?  The only complete disagreement I found with him was his teaching the ‘hit up with the driver’ video. He completely neglects the fact that for players swinging below 100mph this really isn’t optimal. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. ChappyEight
      ChappyEight
      (40 years old)
    2. marcadelic
      marcadelic
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...