IGNORED

Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really wish this thread wasn't moved.  Since it got moved here, it's been totally dead.  

Anyway... I've played a handful of times since the last post and things have been very up & down.  My game is either there, or it isn't.  There's no real in between right now.  

1/19/2017 - I played the front nine at my home course and posted a 47.  It was good when it was good and it was awful the rest of that nine.  

1/20/2017 - I got invited to play as the third member of a three-person team in a 'tough day' scramble.  I made some good shots throughout the day and it really left me feeling pretty good about my game.  We finished in a tie for 3rd place, so... it wasn't all that bad.  

1/21/2017 - My partner and I played the next match in our winter fourball tournament.  I was on fire throughout the round.  I posted 3 birdies en route to a 41 - 40 = 81.  We won our match 7 & 5.  I felt great about the round and the scramble round the day before.  I stayed home the next day on my birthday to enjoy some family time.

1/26/2017 - After an unexpected, last minute trip to Nashville for work, I returned to my course to play.  I couldn't decide between 9 and 18 holes... but, in the end... I played 'em all.  I shouldn't have.  Everything that felt right about the week before felt wrong on Thursday.  I posted 50 - 48 = 98.  I was 11 over before I knew what happened and I never really got into a groove.

1/27/2017 - My buddy and I decided to play a practice round on the course we'll be playing our first tournament of 2017 on this coming Saturday.  Despite a couple of poor holes throughout the round, I was able to post a steady 41 - 41 = 82.  It left me feeling good again and looking forward to the tournament.  

That brings me to today...

1/31/2017 - Back at my home course... out early in the day... no real hurry.  I played pretty well through the first 5 holes (+3) and then I played 6 through 9 like I hadn't touched a golf club in 20 years.  I went triple - quad - double - double.  It got slightly better on the back, but... I still finished with a 50 - 43 = 93 for the day.  

I'll likely not do anything until Thursday and then I hope to play that day... practice some on Friday... and then the tournament is on Saturday.  

Until then...

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Fairway_CY said:

I really wish this thread wasn't moved.  Since it got moved here, it's been totally dead.

Huh? I don't think it's been moved anywhere.

It's winter for a lot of players.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

44 minutes ago, Fairway_CY said:

Did it get moved? Where was it? 

I remember merging another mistaken post in here a few weeks ago and I think I did it in reverse (i.e., mistakenly moved this thread into it! Crap) But I thought I fixed that. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Just now, iacas said:

Huh? I don't think it's been moved anywhere.

It's winter for a lot of players.

It was always in the Golf Talk section of the forum.  It actually took me awhile to realize it had been moved and not deleted.  It was pretty active over there.  

No big deal.  Winter is definitely a root cause of how slow it is too.  

Just me griping about nothing in particular.  

:-)

CY

Career Bests

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Fairway_CY said:

It was always in the Golf Talk section of the forum.  It actually took me awhile to realize it had been moved and not deleted.  It was pretty active over there.

Maybe you should spend more time in the "instructional" threads… ;-) and the "practice" threads… :-D

Also, I don't know when it was moved, but I don't think I did it. If it was done, it feels like it must have been many months ago.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Maybe you should spend more time in the "instructional" threads… ;-) and the "practice" threads… :-D

Also, I don't know when it was moved, but I don't think I did it. If it was done, it feels like it must have been many months ago.

LOL - You went for the deep cut with the sharp blade, huh?  

I absolutely should be spending more time in those sections!  Trust me... @RandallT has already shamed me into it, so... I'll be making a turn for those threads more often now.  

I'm not sure when it was moved, to be honest.  I found it, so... no harm, no foul.

CY

Career Bests

@rkim291968, @Lihu, @Strat-Pack Rick, @808hacker, @DavidMatthew1978, @Hacker James, @lee34, @Vinny Cap, @mcanadiens, @RFKFREAK, @HitAndGiggle, @Kalnoky, @Marty2019, @Hategolf, @Shark9, @dennyjones, @freshmanUTA, @divot dave, @Hazsa, @David L Yskes, @sirhacksalot, @stealthhwk, @KoenA, @Jeremie Boop, @Lugowskins, @DrvFrShow, @Ron, @dave s, @cutchemist42, @uitar9, @Jcm288, @djfajt71, @Brakkus, @Swungover, @xcott, @Al Bundy, @Scotsclaff, @PJCdude, @101101, @hockeyref18, @Braivo, @JonMA1, @CyboNinja, @CR McDivot, @natureboy, @alleztom, @Slowcelica, @ppine, @Osnola, @roamin, @tdiii, @Gaetano Fasano, @No Mulligans, @Covert, @9wood, @CoachCad8, @Rainmaker, @CCC, @sarena1594, @Al B Tross, @bostonboy9416, @Avalanche

As a moderator, I made a mistake here on this thread (one of my faves too!) that inadvertently wiped out all of the Followers. The list above is everyone who has contributed here since May 2016 (page 97!). 

So welcome back to this thread- if you want to continue to get notifications when this thread is updated, please click on "Follow" which is near the top of the page if you are on a computer, and it's at the bottom of the last post if you are on your phone.  (yes, even you, @rkim291968, who started this thread!)

I've also moved it back to the Golf Talk forum, which I had inadvertently moved.

Thanks @Fairway_CY for even noticing my slip-up. 

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Thanks for getting us back in Randall.

Gone from joining my first golf club in July 2016 and not being able to break 100, to shooting 84 last week. Hoping to break 80 soon.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Shark9 said:

Thanks for getting us back in Randall.

Gone from joining my first golf club in July 2016 and not being able to break 100, to shooting 84 last week. Hoping to break 80 soon.

Very nice! Congrats

My Swing

3 hours ago, RandallT said:

@rkim291968As a moderator, I made a mistake here on this thread (one of my faves too!) that inadvertently wiped out all of the Followers. The list above is everyone who has contributed here since May 2016 (page 97!).

Thanks @RandallT, I guess according to unsubstantiated claims from Phil and Erik, I'm still bogey. Heck, maybe I'm not even a 22HC, and I don't make the cut.

45 rounds posted in Game Golf don't count, I guess. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Now that we're back, I've got good news. I haven't had a double bogey or worse in the last two weeks. Joy.

Nice! I wish I could say the same thing.

Last Sunday, I got a double on a really short and easy par 4 hole. Teed off with a 5W, and thought I was about 20 yards ahead of the 100 yard marker. Apparently not. So, the ball made a nice draw flight right into the tree behind the green. Next, I stupidly tried to put it back into play with a flop shot through some branches which I then bladed over the green about half way back to my 2nd shot. Bump and run then 2 putts finally ended this miserable hole. I was up 2 strokes on my nephew into the hole and even after. Our other partner looked at me and my ball after the flop, and was likely thinking "I would never have done that."  :doh:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Next, I stupidly tried to put it back into play with a flop shot through some branches which I then bladed over the green about half way back to my 2nd shot...

Our other partner looked at me and my ball after the flop, and was likely thinking "I would never have done that."  :doh:

Oh but when those little flops work, it is a thing of beauty. 

Last Sunday, I got a double on a really short and easy par 4 hole. Teed off with a 5W, and thought I was about 20 yards ahead of the 100 yard marker. Apparently not. So, the ball made a nice draw flight right into the tree behind the green. Next, I stupidly tried to put it back into play with a flop shot through some branches which I then bladed over the green about half way back to my 2nd shot. Bump and run then 2 putts finally ended this miserable hole. I was up 2 strokes on my nephew into the hole and even after. Our other partner looked at me and my ball after the flop, and was likely thinking "I would never have done that."  :doh:

That's a familiar winter time issue around here. Some of the courses take the yardage markers out during the offseason. If you aren't paying close attention, you air mail one. Last time I played, it was a beautiful 7-iron on what should have been a 9-iron shot.

But actually, I haven't had a double in two weeks, because I haven't played in two weeks. Just wanted to see if someone would call me out on it.

• Administrator

Pretty sure he hasn't played in two weeks… ;-)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That's a familiar winter time issue around here. Some of the courses take the yardage markers out during the offseason. If you aren't paying close attention, you air mail one. Last time I played, it was a beautiful 7-iron on what should have been a 9-iron shot.

But actually, I haven't had a double in two weeks, because I haven't played in two weeks. Just wanted to see if someone would call me out on it.

Wow, 2 full clubs too!

Murphy's law demands that all airmailed shots are your best shots of the day. :-D

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Pretty sure he hasn't played in two weeks… ;-)

9 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Awe. Almost got it before I ruined it.

:-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!