IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, saevel25 said:

Sorry to say this guy's, but I'm very doubtful for this outing now. My back gave out this morning. Right now it hurts just to stand up straight to walk. I doubt I'll be able to swing a club. I got till next Thursday by 4 to cancel my hotel with out being charged. I'll keep you guys informed. 

Oh dang Matt. Hope some rest this weekend will get you back to it...

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks, it feels better today. Though that might be the meds I am on :) At least its a good sign that the pain has subsided a good amount. I'm not sure it would be this good a day later if it was a more substantial injury. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm signed up for AimPoint on Saturday. Honestly I've been pretty lazy with it so far this year so a refresher is due.

@saevel25 hope you get better and are able to make it out.

• Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

21 hours ago, billchao said:

I'm signed up for AimPoint on Saturday. Honestly I've been pretty lazy with it so far this year so a refresher is due.

@saevel25 hope you get better and are able to make it out.

I'll be in class with you then, Bill. Will be totally new to me, but let me know if there's any pre-knowledge you think might be helpful for me to brush up on first.

I played a round last week, but I'm not sure what the heck happened to me (other than just age). I got fatigued at the turn, and started to feel a twinge in my neck- but played through it. Past couple days have been nursing the neck with Advil and massages, but now it is isolated to just some pain in my right shoulder blade when I lift my head up and turn it to the left. Other head movements feel just fine, but I'm not pushing it with a swing or anything yet.

So I'm recovering well, but I'm just more concerned that this is a sign I'm starting to fall apart! It felt like a pretty standard walking round, which I'm usually able to do without any fatigue/aches/pains. I tell my wife, see! I just gotta play more for my own health! That logic seems to be working for now

Good luck with your recovery, Matt.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

I'll be in class with you then, Bill. Will be totally new to me, but let me know if there's any pre-knowledge you think might be helpful for me to brush up on first.

There isn't anything you need to do ahead of time, I'm sure you will pick it up fine. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help.

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

I played a round last week, but I'm not sure what the heck happened to me (other than just age). I got fatigued at the turn, and started to feel a twinge in my neck- but played through it. Past couple days have been nursing the neck with Advil and massages, but now it is isolated to just some pain in my right shoulder blade when I lift my head up and turn it to the left. Other head movements feel just fine, but I'm not pushing it with a swing or anything yet.

Neck injuries suck. I had one that lingered for months late last fall and into winter. Just try to rest it and not aggravate it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It's official.  I am IN!

I don't think I can stay for the Aimpoint or the afterparty, though.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, davechen said:

It's official.  I am IN!

?

AimPoint is occurring at 5:30 on Friday and 4:00 on Saturday. It's between rounds.

Or are you commuting from home for the golf?

You should strongly consider taking the AimPoint clinic. Best money you can spend on your golf game…

And once you learn it, you kind of "own" it forever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, davechen said:

It's official.  I am IN!

I personally can't recommend it enough. I don't have great peripheral vision and am a fairly poor greens reader. Especially large greens where peripheral vision has to even less to compare slope against for proper reading. I have taken the lesson twice but did not really use it for a long time (for no real reason except I am lazy about putting and dislike it in general).

I have made a renewed commitment to using Aimpoint Express in the last few rounds and even on greens that I have played quite a few times it is giving me better lines and then I simply worry about distance control.

Vishal S.

@DaveP043  Since Stoneleigh's website doesn't have a breakout/overview of each hole, do you by chance have anything, like a scorecard showing the mapping of the holes.  I'm trying to prepare a little by looking at google earth, but not knowing which hole is which makes it a little hard to start.

Gus
---------------

I created this for our last gathering:

I have no idea if the yardages were white/blue/whatever. But it's probably close to what we'll play (give or take 50yds!)

FYI: these google earth things don't do courses justice, as the tree are actually 3-dimensional, no 2ft high bushes. The course plays quite differently than it appears here. 

Edited by RandallT
Added note about trees/3d
  • Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

(edited)
13 minutes ago, JGus said:

@DaveP043  Since Stoneleigh's website doesn't have a breakout/overview of each hole, do you by chance have anything, like a scorecard showing the mapping of the holes.  I'm trying to prepare a little by looking at google earth, but not knowing which hole is which makes it a little hard to start.

I did a hole-by-hole description before last year's snowy event, I'd be glad to send it to you if you PM me your email.  I'm also planning to print out a few copies of my personal yardage book to distribute on Saturday.  You can see a couple of samples in my Newport Cup Application video, post 163 here:

And to answer one question, it looks like the yardages that @RandallT shows in his flyover are the Blue tees, which are our normal men's tees.

Edited by DaveP043

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

15 minutes ago, RandallT said:

FYI: these google earth things don't do courses justice, as the tree are actually 3-dimensional, no 2ft high bushes. The course plays quite differently than it appears here. 

Thanks, that's awesome!!  And agree google earth doesn't answer the questions, but it gave me a glimpse.

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I did a hole-by-hole description before last year's snowy event, I'd be glad to send it to you if you PM me your email.  I'm also planning to print out a few copies of my personal yardage book to distribute on Saturday.  You can see a couple of samples in my Newport Cup Application video, post 163 here:

Thanks! I'll shoot you a PM.  Any prep is a good thing, at least that's what I am telling myself.

Gus
---------------

16 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I have no idea if the yardages were white/blue/whatever. But it's probably close to what we'll play (give or take 50yds!)

Yeah, I am sure has been said but the elevation change from tee to green for some of the holes like 2, 4, 12, etc are hard to fathom from the flyover. Greens are tiered and if they are rolling then are tough to putt. But I guess with the rain forecasted they might slow down a bit. Back 9 plays a easier IMO (except for 12 - which might be the hardest on the course). I am glad the 1st hole is a gentle opener to get your willies worked out a bit.

Not a long course and fairways are... well, fairly wide. So there's some reprieve.  

Vishal S.

I scouted a couple of rounds on GameGolf just to get an idea of the course and @GolfLug did mention that the course is hilly, which have some experience with (my home course a fee years ago was hilly, loved it). If you can send me that description @DaveP043 I'd appreciate it.

As of now I'm going in with my standard strategy of not hitting driver all the time unless I'm really hitting it well that day. Stay away from trouble even if it means less club.

Bill

My Swing Thread

It looks like I am good to go for this weekend. I have little to no pain. I'll see you guys Saturday at the golf course :-D

• Upvote 4

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, billchao said:

I scouted a couple of rounds on GameGolf just to get an idea of the course and @GolfLug did mention that the course is hilly, which have some experience with (my home course a fee years ago was hilly, loved it). If you can send me that description @DaveP043 I'd appreciate it.

As of now I'm going in with my standard strategy of not hitting driver all the time unless I'm really hitting it well that day. Stay away from trouble even if it means less club.

If you let me know your email, I'll get it to you tomorrow morning, same for everyone who wants the descriptions.  As @GolfLug says, most fairways have reasonable room, but there's definitely places you don't want to be.  I've been in all of those places.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

If it doesn't rain on Friday, we still have one spot open for a Friday round at Springfield Golf & CC with me, @GolfLug and @RandallT.  11 AM tee time.

http://www.sgccva.org/

5909c8e58d53d_springfieldgcc.thumb.jpg.10d6e81fff4b65282ec0fcd7679e51e9.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Well, 48 hours or so to go, so I'm going to summarize what I think I know.   I'm not keeping track of the Aimpoint Clinics, but I know my wife and I both plan to be at the Friday clinic.  The out-of-towners will be arriving at various times Friday, and I believe they're headed to their hotels, except @iacas, of course.

Here are my golf participants:

Saturday, 10:30 - @iacas, @DaveP043, @GolfLug, @saevel25, @RandallT, @Hardspoon, @JGus, @davechen, @billchao, and my wife Mary Anne acting as a guide for one group, for a not-so-even 10 players

Sunday, 10:30 - @iacas, @DaveP043, @GolfLug, @saevel25, @RandallT, @Hardspoon, @JGus,  @billchao, @jsgolfer, and Jerry's friend Cord, another Stoneleigh member, for 10 again

For Saturday evening burgers, I'm expecting pretty much everyone except @JGus and @davechen.  We may have a few extras, all wives and/or girlfriends are invited, just let me know by this time tomorrow so I can provision properly.  I'm taking care of burgers with all the normal stuff, a oil and vinegar based cole slaw, and a cheesy baked hash-brown potato thing.  Let me know if you'd prefer a chicken breast or something vegetarian, I can arrange that too.  I have a keg of IPA, some Yeungling, Miller Lite, Amstel Light, and a few more random beers, water and soft drinks.  If there's anything you'd like to bring, feel free, but there's really no need to do that.

Last, the weather.  Right now, Friday looks iffy, although the Weatherbug hourly forecast shows things clearing up just in time for the clinic.  Saturday's forecast is forcool temps and showers, so you might want to bring rain gear and umbrellas.  Sunday looks better, cool and clear.  Lets all cross our fingers and hope the rain goes somewhere else.

Thats all, please let me know if I have anything wrong, otherwise, I'll see y'all on Saturday!

• Upvote 2

Dave

Note: This thread is 2541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!