IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I've updated the list, showing the two guys that have needed to back out recently.  As @iacas mentioned, we're working with our head pro to finalize the schedule.  As part of that, I'd appreciate everyone taking another good look and confirming that you'll be here, or at least that you're highly probable to be here.  I'm going to assume that everyone will play on Saturday.  Travel being what it is, I know that Friday and Sunday golf will have fewer players, but I'd like a tentative head count for those days as well.

I may be out on Saturday depending on whether I'm playing in our inter-club B-Team match.   

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So unfortunately I shot myself in the foot with scheduling an event for work... I have been working to arrange for a community Ecycling drive to be hosted by my employer and the first available day for it to happen was May 6th... I could skip it but I'm afraid it would look quite bad if I didn't show up to my own event. I'm extremely disappointed because I've been looking forward to this outing since it was first mentioned.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I'm going to stop lying to myself.  I don't play golf anymore.  At least not for the foreseeable future.  I'm working that weekend. 

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

OK, 5 in so far (myself, @saevel25, @Hardspoon, @GolfLug, and @iacas, four out, 2 maybe, and 11 not responded yet.  I know its been just one day, I'm not bothered, just nudging to help the planning.  BTW, I'm going to attend both clinics, but I can wait to make my choice of which AimPoint session I'll attend.based on the numbers we get for each one.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm 50/50 for golf Saturday.  I'll pass on the clinics. 

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I'm so looking forward to LSW clinic. Will do both Sat and Sun golf. Friday is iffy if I can make it before dinner.

Vishal S.

Gents,

I am not going to be able to make it. I have a graduation I must attend that weekend. Have fun!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

37 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Gents,

I am not going to be able to make it. I have a graduation I must attend that weekend. Have fun!

Oh man, was looking forward to finally meeting you. Understandable though. Hope we get a chance some time in the future.

Vishal S.

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Gents,

Ummm...priorities? :-P

- John

Looking at some flights. With the 60% chance I still make it, I'm definitely not flying with United. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just to bump this, we had 22 players express interest.  Of those, 5 are in, 5 are out, and 3 are some kind of "maybe".  That leaves nine guys who haven't said anything recently about their intentions.  The most recent communication from the club puts our tee times in the 10:30 to 11:00 range both Saturday and Sunday.  Please take a look at your schedules and get back to me when you can.  

A course update, the greens were just punched last week, and are already rolling very well.  In another few weeks, they'll be perfect.  Grass is finally growing, so the rough is a bit ahead of the mowers, but that should be under control by the time we play.  

• Upvote 1

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Just to get people quoted so they see this (Dave, correct me if I got this wrong):

In:

Maybe:

Need responses from:
  1. @RandallT
  2. @onthehunt526
  3. @davechen
  4. @Hatchman
  5. @Kamal Chantal
  6. @JGus
  7. @Bryan Kasper
  8. @georgep
  9. @skydog

- John

11 hours ago, Hardspoon said:
Just to get people quoted so they see this (Dave, correct me if I got this wrong):

Need responses from:
  1. @RandallT
  2. @onthehunt526
  3. @davechen
  4. @Hatchman
  5. @Kamal Chantal
  6. @JGus
  7. @Bryan Kasper
  8. @georgep
  9. @skydog

Thanks, that agrees with my list.  This isn't exactly an emergency, but I'd really like to have a pretty good idea of who's coming about 2 weeks ahead of the date.  That puts the "deadline" at Saturday, 4/22, or 10 days from now.  And I use "deadline" loosely, we can always do little changes, but we won't be able to go from 2 groups to 4 groups at the last minute.

Dave

I'll know after this Saturday (Bruin's day) when my son who is 80% sure about UCLA decides to pass on the east coast schools.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

46 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Thanks, that agrees with my list.  This isn't exactly an emergency, but I'd really like to have a pretty good idea of who's coming about 2 weeks ahead of the date.  That puts the "deadline" at Saturday, 4/22, or 10 days from now.  And I use "deadline" loosely, we can always do little changes, but we won't be able to go from 2 groups to 4 groups at the last minute.

I'll play on Sunday with the group definitely, Saturday is the day that is up in the air.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

28 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I'll know after this Saturday (Bruin's day) when my son who is 80% sure about UCLA decides to pass on the east coast schools.

That's perfect, just let me know.

27 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I'll play on Sunday with the group definitely, Saturday is the day that is up in the air.

Gotcha.  If your B-Team is like ours, you might hear 10 days or so in advance, or maybe later than that.  Just let me know when you can.

Dave

Sorry to miss it but the wife has grounded me from leaving town that weekend as it's bumping up too close to her due date. Hope everyone has a good time

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

That's perfect, just let me know.

Gotcha.  If your B-Team is like ours, you might hear 10 days or so in advance, or maybe later than that.  Just let me know when you can.

Yeah, the email just came out today asking for availability, so I'm sure they won't make s decision until it gets closer to the day.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!