IGNORED

Your BEST single shot of 2016 -----> go

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

50 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

I know I couldnt with my eyes likely, but could you tell it went in from that far out?

I saw it hit the green and hop towards the pin. It looked like it hit the stick and dropped so I started freaking out. My cartner thought it jumped over the green so he didnt celebrate with me until he saw it in the hole. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

I saw it hit the green and hop towards the pin. It looked like it hit the stick and dropped so I started freaking out. My cartner thought it jumped over the green so he didnt celebrate with me until he saw it in the hole. 

That shot would be candidate (if not for sure) as best lifetime shot.

- Shane

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

That shot would be candidate (if not for sure) as best lifetime shot.

Ive heard people say its more rare than a hole in 1, though I didnt even keep the ball. I want an ace.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

2 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Ive heard people say its more rare than a hole in 1, though I didnt even keep the ball. I want an ace.

It is definitely more rare unless it's and ace on a par 4. Anyone has a shot at an ace on a par 3, but not too many have a reasonable chance at an alby.

• Upvote 1

- Shane

30 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It is definitely more rare unless it's and ace on a par 4. Anyone has a shot at an ace on a par 3, but not too many have a reasonable chance at an alby.

Yes, I agree in the least an 'alby' on a par 5 would assume two good pokes and a one really good poke on a par 4.

We have a 16 HCP member at our CC who has 4 par 3 aces.

Vishal S.

I cant recall any full swing shot that stood out to me. But the shot i remember most from last season was a putt. It was a downhill snaking 15 footer to save a par during one of the club championships i played in. Ended up winning that one. 

1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

Right now where my skill level is, I cannot imagine making an Albatross. I imagine this is the kind of thing where people have 1 or 2 Albatross in a lifetime, or even none at all.

I believe I will get Ace one day though. I've hit the flag a few times at the range with a wedge or 9-iron. I've pitched in for birdie from 45 yards out. I think you can get pretty good with those short clubs. There are YouTube's of little kids making an Ace.

It's a hot day, about 96 in October. It's the first par 3 at Falconhead CC, about 135 yards from the tips I believe. I grab a 7 iron since it's slightly downhill and i'm more comfortable with it than my 8. I hit my tee shot after my buddy lands his ball 8 feet from the pin on the fringe. The ball has a lot of loft and spin (as i wanted it to) and lands about a foot in front of the hole to the right of it, it bounces and as it meets the green it spins back and left at the hole, we both thought it went in. We go up to the green and realize that the pin was blocking the view of the ball but it's less than a centimeter from the hole, a  small gust of wind would've blown it in.

Three stand out. 

150 yard hole in one.

200 yards to the green and I have to hook the ball a long long way around a few trees. Managed to pull it off. 

Getting on the green on a 575 yard par 5 with a 3 wood from 260 out to the front edge. The way that hole is shaped(dogleg right, but with trees on the right corner and some on the left corner directly interfering over the fairway), even a long drive is not enough, there's a very narrow corner where you have to fit your drive to have a reachable distance to the green

I've seen this tread for a while and can't think of any single one, It's hard to say. I have four candidates (although the drive was just lucky- wasn't trying to draw it over trees):

The second shot on a par five uphill where I hit 3 wood about 200 yards and it rolled another twenty into front of a long green. 

My 25-30 foot downhill putt on #14 par four at Northdale Golf Course for my first ever birdie

My drive on Northdale #7 par four that went over the tree line on left (230 yards carry) hit the cart path and went an additional 50 yards leaving me about 40 yards to middle of the green. 

My third shot on Northdale #9 par five from under some trees on a small bump hill carrying water 155 yards onto the green. 

I liked them all. 

Edit: reading all these reminded me of the par four #13 fourth shot from about 40 yards. Chipped/pitched with my PW and that sucker rolled all the way up and into the cup. Pretty sure I posted a few pics of it on here. 

This was also my best hole of the year. The best shot was a 54 foot putt from off the green for an 8" tap in birdie. It was a 559 yard par 5 which I made in 2 shots to the left fringe. The drive hit some hard pan and rolled like 60 yards. . .

The second best shot one was probably the 40 foot lip out from off the green that left me a 6" tap in par on a 474 yard par 4 with handicap rating 1.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7 hours ago, shanksalot said:

Okay, here is the problem with getting old. I know I probably had at least one great shot, but the problem is I can't remember what it was and when it happened. :whistle:

Yeah, I'm not even that old, but forget pretty much every shot from more than a couple months ago. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

From 2016 I suppose I'd have to pick between two. One was at the TST outing at Eagle Creek in August. I put my approach on a par 4 over the green into the back bunker. I was able to blast out and put the ball on the green about 20 feet, and jarred it to save par.

The other was a 155 yard 6 iron that I put 4" from the cup on a cold, drizzly round 2 days after Christmas for a gimme birdie.

Take your pick.

I had 2 this is the best, holed out from 140 yards out.

Capture.PNG

Then this drive after working on swing speed and driving distance for the last month of the season.

Capture2.PNG

This wasn't downhill, it was on a flat fairway soft conditions so not much roll, my normal drives are around 220 to 235.

Edited by Slowcelica

Note: This thread is 2628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!