Note: This thread is 1614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some of the best values are direct-to-consumer manufacturers. like the Snell and the Kirkland balls.  I'll probably be buying a bunch of Snell MTBs this spring, at something like $27 a dozen.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Some of the best values are direct-to-consumer manufacturers. like the Snell and the Kirkland balls.  I'll probably be buying a bunch of Snell MTBs this spring, at something like $27 a dozen.

Seconded on the direct-to-consumer...if I were going to play with new golf balls, I'd go with the Snell MTB's (or, perhaps, balls from Vice Golf).

For now, I get all of my golf balls from LostGolfBalls.com.  I get the "like-new" condition versions of the balls that I like to play (Hex Chrome for now, formerly Bridgestone E6) for about $1 each.  For me, at least, they're indistinguishable from new balls, and I don't feel badly about losing them or using a dozen for pitching practice.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I agree. Love snell mtb. Click the snell add that cycles through on top of the page to get to their site and order to help support tst.  

Craigslist is a good source for me. I just bought 5 dozen ProV1 for $160. People get them or win them and sell them instead. Sometimes they have logos, but that doesn't bother me.

Yes, an echo. I just received my first dozen Snell Get Sums. Dean signs each invoice they pack with the shipments, which was a nice touch. I'm looking forward to trying these balls as my game, apparently, is a two-piece-ball affair. A few friends of mine work at the local Costcos so I've been joking with them to bring me a box or two. Typically, I've just meandered through the local golf super shop and made an educated guess selecting a box of these or those. I did stumble upon the Taylormade line doing that and have played those a bit this last year. 

I happen to be a fan of the Gamer Soft and Maxfli Softfli and I live near a Dicks.  If I played a tour ball I would follow some of the advice above.  I also make a point to buy at least a couple of dozen balls in sleeves from my pro shop - it gives me a chance to test some different balls and also helps support the pro.

• Upvote 1

lostgolfballs.com. No brainer for me.  Get the second to highest quality which look new and perform great.  Some may have logos on them but whatever.  I have bought different brands on there with zero complaints.  Club just put new greens in so I need to test different balls to see which performs best and then I am ordering a bucket of them.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, Divotmaker77 said:

lostgolfballs.com. No brainer for me.  Get the second to highest quality which look new and perform great.  Some may have logos on them but whatever.

4A rating is probably the best value, but I think the couple extra bucks for 5A condition is worth it knowing that the whole set is essentially a new box of balls.  I don't mind the logos either but one of the Bridgestones I just got has the guy's kids' names on it....yeah, I'm not going to touch any other ball until that one is lost.

Note: This thread is 1614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!