IGNORED

Winter Happiness Thread

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 2578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since we are not allowed to comment in the Winter Depression Thread, I am starting one where those of us in warmer climates can discuss our happiness about playing in the pleasant cooler months in this joyous season called WINTER! 

• Upvote 3

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yupp, it's a good time. Taking kids to ski this weekend and Monday! Playing golf in 45 deg weather next Friday! I might breakout my gloves.

@CarlSpackler, in case you don't know what it is, skiing is something that's done of stuff whiter and softer than Florida beach sands. :-P 

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

14 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yupp, it's a good time. Taking kids to ski this weekend and Monday! Playing golf in 45 deg weather next Friday! I might breakout my gloves.

@CarlSpackler, in case you don't know what it is, skiing is something that's done of stuff whiter and softer than Florida beach sands. :-P 

I've only been here 6 months and 1 day, so I do know what skiing is. I just always HATED it because the white stuff you refer to is very cold and quickly turns to a greyish mush that refreezes when the sun goes down. If I so desired, there is an indoor skiing / snowboarding facility at the end of my street. 

I have won some tickets to the Diamond Resorts Invitational Golf Tournament this weekend at Tranquillo Golf Resort. I might get some golf in, but this is what I will be doing for a majority of the weekend. Hopefully I don't forget my sunscreen. I'm still not used to needing it in January. :-P

• Upvote 3

- Shane

Mother Nature is soooo cruel, she gave us a record High today, but teased us with 45 mph wind gusts all day.   :cry:
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day ...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

37 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Mother Nature is soooo cruel, she gave us a record High today, but teased us with 45 mph wind gusts all day.   :cry:
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day ...

Don't be bringing that negativity in here. That belongs in that other thread. :-P

- Shane

Looking forward, once Old Man Winter releases the south land from his icy grip (tomorrow...they say) to getting back out on the dormant bermuda and knocking the pill around.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

This thread is an oxymoron!  

... and rubbing it in to those who actually have winter weather. 

• Upvote 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Not for us. Temps in the 70s and 80s for the most part. Other than limited daylight, it's the best time of year to play. 

- Shane

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

... and rubbing it in to those who actually have winter weather. 

You'll have to forgive him, he's still a "nouveau warm weather state" citizen. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

You'll have to forgive him, he's still a "nouveau warm weather state" citizen. :-)

I simply created a space for those of us who are banished from the Winter Depression thread. Not everyone has to be depressed. ;-)

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Local lady won $2M on an instant scratch off lottery ticket.   I was asking the SO what she'd do with the $1.3M payoff.   (We don't play).  She didn't say anything about golf!     I'm afraid I'd buy a place to be able to play when the weather turns bad here in Michigan.  

A man can dream!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I simply created a space for those of us who are banished from the Winter Depression thread. Not everyone has to be depressed. ;-)

Ha-ha-ha!  Have we been officially banished?  I haven't visited since my annual taunting post from a few weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

27 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Ha-ha-ha!  Have we been officially banished?  I haven't visited since my annual taunting post from a few weeks ago. 

You guys are definitely not making points with the "real" winter folks. . .  :-D

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

You guys are definitely not making points with the "real" winter folks. . .  :-D

It is a depression thread after all! I thought we were merely doing our part. @CarlSpackler should post the group pic from our late December outing. That will surely get a lifetime ban from the thread. 

30 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

It is a depression thread after all! I thought we were merely doing our part. @CarlSpackler should post the group pic from our late December outing. That will surely get a lifetime ban from the thread. 

How about this?

IMG_4916.PNG

45 minutes ago, Lihu said:

We are "real winter folks", but we happen to love winter. ;-)

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!