IGNORED

Justin Thomas 2017 vs. Jordan Spieth 2015

jandrewsgolf
Note: This thread is 2617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spieth. Thomas has won two events in Malaysia and two in Hawaii. Until he breaks through against a top-flight field, I'm not going to predict that he'll win two majors and finish T4 and 2nd in the other two.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, jamo said:

Spieth. Thomas has won two events in Malaysia and two in Hawaii. Until he breaks through against a top-flight field, I'm not going to predict that he'll win two majors and finish T4 and 2nd in the other two.

I agree. Didn't Spieth finish in the top 5 in ever major that season, winning two of them that year? 

There are a lot of golfers who get on a fast start, but then fade away. Patrick Reed and Jimmy Walker come to mind who have had fast starts to the season, but then dropped away. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, jamo said:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I agree. Didn't Spieth finish in the top 5 in ever major that season, winning two of them that year? 

There are a lot of golfers who get on a fast start, but then fade away. Patrick Reed and Jimmy Walker come to mind who have had fast starts to the season, but then dropped away. 

Spieth won the Master & US Open, finished T4 1 shot out of the playoff in The "British" Open Championship and 2nd in the PGA 3 shots back.
And Spieth has a active streak in the Masters of 2, 1, 2.

I expect big things from JT, but he needs to break through in a major to start his rise to the next level.

Players play, tough players win!

• iacas changed the title to Justin Thomas 2017 vs. Jordan Spieth 2015
  • Administrator

I think Thomas will tail off relatively quickly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll check into this thread after the first major completes.  Until then, nothing to talk about.

Bill - 

I can't imagine anyone actually expecting that Thomas will win 2 majors this year. 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I didn't even take notice of Spieth, really, until after the first major so I'm definitely not going all in for JT at this point.  I'm still not certain Spieth will really ever come back from last years Masters.  Don't get me wrong .. I know he'll be around and win plenty and grab another major or 2 . .but I'm not sure he'll have another run like he did in 2015.  I hope so because that was fun to watch.  

On 1/25/2017 at 2:24 PM, David in FL said:

I can't imagine anyone actually expecting that Thomas will win 2 majors this year. 

Since the end of the Tiger Era, I don't go into a year expecting any multiple major winner.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

19 minutes ago, billchao said:

Since the end of the Tiger Era, I don't go into a year expecting any multiple major winner.

I think Thomas wins one major and two more tournaments this year... I think it was hard for him to watch Speith excel so fast and get left behind... He wants all those same accolades and attention Speith received... He looked happy in his interview after his 59... Finally (me time)...

Speith is a great guy and will always wish him well, as did Thomas, but being the second guy is tough... If Thomas has a gigantic Season it will lift Speith and make him hungry again.  

Note: This thread is 2617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!