Sign in to follow this  
Braivo

Favorite Golf Podcasts?

Note: This thread is 735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 posts / 2280 viewsLast Reply

I recently started listening to podcasts during my 45 minute commute. I've mostly been listening to non-golf related content, but thought I could pass the winter months with some good golf talk.

Anyone listen to any good golf podcasts? Your favorites? Suggestions?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Hunting Scratch Golf Show - an aussie who's been good and scored some good interviews. He just did one with Gueurin Rife on the Evnroll putters which had a lot of good information. 

15 hours ago, loverofgolf said:

No Laying Up. Good stories and usually pretty funny.

I've followed them on Twitter, very amusing, I'll have to give it a listen. 

Being a young millennial TST Member, I am a follower of Barstool Sports.  They just started a golf podcast today called "Fore Play" with a couple of their bloggers on the mic.  The first Ep was a little choppy and could definitely be improved upon, but overall I like the premise--crack some jokes, rattle off some tour talk, and just shoot the sh*t about golfing with buddies.  They also had Ollie Schniederjans on for about 10 mins to talk about his recent play & the Waste Management Phoenix Open.  

So... Any good golf podcasts that you would recommend? Serious or funny.  I saw that there was a Sand Trap Podcast going on for a while and I will definitely check that out.  .  

BTW most podcast threads in here are 3-5 years old, looking for more current content.  

Fire off suggestions!

I don't listen to golf podcasts normally, they're too much like radio talk shows now that podcasting is more "mainstream". If I do listen to them, it's because there's someone interesting being interviewed or discussed.

No Laying Up is one I'd listen to if there's something interesting to talk about, I'm listening to its current episode right now because McIlroy is being interviewed, he's not as tight lipped Tiger Woods as most interviews. His answer to what do you find different about the US was interesting, I basically skip through questions I'm not interested in and stop on the ones I am, basically his opinion on Woods (starts around 47:00).

http://nolayingup.com/2017/02/01/nlu-podcast-episode-63-rory-mcilroy/

Please check out my podcast, Next on the Tee (www.nextonthetee.net) every week I talk with PGA and LPGA Legends, Pros and Top Instructors who share their stories, insights and tips. I'd love your feedback on the show.

I would have to second the Fore Play podcast from Barstool Sports

About as casual golf podcast as you can get and they get quite a few awesome guests. 

David Feherty is absolutely fantastic.  It's not entirely about golf, and dependingon who the guest is, there may be almost no golf talk at all.   But, he's a great interviewer and has some great stories of his own.  No to mention that he somehow gets top of the A-list guests all the time.   John Daly and George W. Bush were both pretty great episodes.  

Great story from George W. Bush, when he says growing up he was always taught one thing, If you can't be good at golf, at least learn how to play fast.  As long as you can play fast, you can play in a foresome with anybody.  even if they are way better than you. 

Edited by lastings

I hope you'll give our show a listen, Next on the Tee, every week we talk with PGA & LPGA legends, pros and top instructors about their playing careers, experiences inside and outside the ropes plus get some tips for how to lower our scores. You can find us all over the net on sites like iHeart Radio, Tunein, Podbean, Player.FM, Spreaker, etc. Check us out online at www.nextonthetee.net to stream some of our recent shows plus see what our guests are saying about us. I'd love you feedback...

Note: This thread is 735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!