IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Last hole (#27 on the course) ok just one good drive today please. And then Bomb 333 yards right down the middle on a 356 yard par four. Pitched to with in a foot tap in birdie. Man that was soooooooooo swweeeeeeet. aint nothing like finishing with a birdie

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

• 2 weeks later...

the best shot i had this week was either a drive of 330yds onto a green and the a putt of 12ft for eagle (which i missed ) but it was a decient drive but my standards (my average is 275yds)... or a 5i from 190yds(average 5i distance for me) to 3ft for eagle (which i made)... i'm new here so please bare with me this is my first post on this forum so just like to say hi

My Bag

Driver- Titleist 907 D2 (10.5°), Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard
4 Wood- Nickent 3DX Pro (14°), Accuflex Icon
Hybrid- Nickent 3DX (17°), True Temper S300Irons (3 to W)- PING I3 Blades, True Temper S30056°- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, True Temper S30060°- Cleveland 900 Gunmetal, True...

Welcome Pingman. You will like it here. I played reasonably well this weekend.

On Saturday, I hit three balls OB off the tee and each time I followed with a great shot for my third. The best came on a 205 yard par 3. I hooked the first one badly. My third hit the mound on the right side of the green and kicked left. It hit the flag an stopped 6 feet away. I made the bogey putt.

I also hit a great tee shot on the 175 yard 18th. I put a 6 iron to 8 feet and made my only birdie of the day.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
I hit a 4-iron from 190 out of some weird rough, over a fairly tall tree, and to about 8 feet for birdie. Tough putt (well above the hole), but I had a tap-in par after hitting one of the worst drives of my life.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

370yd drive on a 411yd Par 4. 10-15mph wind going with the hole, fairways are pretty hard this time of year. I had a niceeeee draw as well. I still pared the hole tho

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite V2 stiff
Callaway Hawk VFT 3 Stiff
Taylor Made 16 & 21* Raylors
TM oversised irons 3-sw Rifle stl shafts
Titleist Vokey spin milled 60*Titleist Vokey 52* Tour

• Administrator
According to the course yardage, I hit a 340-yard drive yesterday and reached a par 5 in two with a hybrid from a downhill, sidehill lie. Then I three-putted for par, but don't get me started on the greens I played yesterday.

The best shot I hit all day actually suffered fate at the hands of those greens: it ended up 35 feet from the pin on a par 3 after hitting it perfectly.

Then in the group behind me, a guy bladed the ball, it bounced and rolled around this cup surrounding the green (rough), rolled onto the green, nearly went in, and stopped 3 feet below the pin. This particular green was sloped to the point where if they cut the green any lower, you'd simply not be able to keep a ball on the green anywhere with any stroke, unless it found the cup.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
I hit a good drive and needed a birdie. I had 129 in, with some uncertain wind. I decided to grip down a little on an 8-iron and play a punchy little cut.

The shot came off perfectly. Put it to three feet. Tapped in for birdie to get back to square.

Wasn't such a spectacular shot except it came off exactly as I pictured it. Exactly - the feel, the trajectory, the spin, everything.

Mine happened yesterday, put my tee shot right, behind a little tree, got my 7 iron, closed the club face, full backswing, cut off the follow through because of the tree. Was about 2 feet off the ground bounced just before the green then rolled down the green to about 15 foot from the hole, put my putt about a foot away and knocked it in for par.

Had two this week that were memorable. Dogleg right and the right side was protected by large oak trees. The tee is elevated some and I hit my driver over the trees and 60 yds from the green. My wedge shot was on the green but in the front and the hole was in the back some 60 ft away. Canned it and made birdie. Those two shots, the driver and putt were real sweet.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I played 87 holes in three days, so there were actually quite a few. There were also as many, OK more bad ones that I would like to forget about. The best ones came in a two hole stretch on Saturday afternoon.

The 12th Hole on the Donald Ross Memborial is a replica of a Par 3 at Detroit Golf club. It is 159 yards and slightly down hill. I put my tee shot to 12 feet and made the birdie putt for closest to the pin and a team skin.

The 13th hole is a replica of number 15 at Seminole Golf Club in Palm Beach. It is a 500 yard par five with an elevated tee and and elevated green. My tee shot went about 270. I put a three wood to just off the front fringe. My eagle putt missed by three feet, but I made the birdie putt. Not too bad. Two holes and two birdies all on my ball in a scramble. It put about $40 in my pocket. Unfortunately, there were enough bad ones to take about $140 out.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

i was just over the back edge of a 386 yard par 4 on my drive

so maybe my first ever 400+ drive. very exciting, the ensuing par was not

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

• Administrator

I... uhm... I roped a drive on 18 today. Yeah, that was it.

I actually had a few good ones. I hit a pitch shot from 30 yards out on a 320 yard par 4 that missed eagle by less than a foot. I had a 120 yard wedge into a severely elevated green land 10' from the cup. The best though was a 30' par put that I drained after a terrible pitch shot.

Today at my home course. 11th Par 4, Great drive, had a 60yd pitch in and stuck it. When it landed it checked for a second then hit the flagstick and sunk.

Equipment
Driver: Titleist 983k 8.5 speeder stiff
5 wood: Taylormade r540xd
Irons: Cleveland TA-7, 3-PW
Wedges:Titleist Vokey Oil Can SM 54,60*Putter: Odyssey 3300 DFX bladeBall:Titleist ProV1

Hit the stick on a 120yd par 3 and left it about 6" behind the hole...

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

PLayed on Saturday and had my best shot-maiking round of the year -shame my putting didn't equal it.

The stand-outs were on the 3rd (our 12th for the day), it's was aplying 128mtrs into a slight wind, pin cut behind a bunker on the right. I decided to play a high draw aiming at the pin and hoping to land it a couple of metres to the left of it. Worked as planned and left a 15 foot left to right breaker, which I managed to die into the hole for my only birdie of the round.

The 4th is stroke hole 2, I hit a 3 wood to the right of the fairway and left myself about 140 mtrs, pin was cut on the front left so I decided to aim at the pin and hit a high fade - again worked as planned and I flushed a 7 iron for my best strucck shot of the round. Unfortunately I left the putt about 4 feet short and missed the 2nd for an ugly 3 putt......proceeded to par in from there hitting every GIR on the front nine in the process.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Ummm well first I will describe the hole...

It is a 444 yard par 4

I hit a push cut with the driver.... and was in rough on the right hand side... about 155 yards out

I elected to hit my 8 Iron... which I pulled to the left and long

I found my ball to be on a severe down slope about 10 yards off the green... and 30 yards to the pin... there was a double break....

So I elected to pull out the lob wedge... and just tried nipping at it... and catching as much of the ball as I could because of the slope. It hit about 15 in front of the pin... and then rolled the rest of the way right into the cup.... yeah the lob wedge is a POS... I never got any spin off it ...so I just switched to the spin milled... all shall be well

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1