IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

i did it AGAIN. drove the same 320 yard downhill par 4 in one, got it even closer to the hole this time (about 15-20 feet from the pin) and once again, three putted for a par. positively infuriating. i think knowing i'm putting for an eagle throws my mental state off, because both times i've sent the ball about 5 feet past the hole, which leaves it on a tricky little downhill slope coming back.

I played in a scramble today and had a few great shots along with several more I'd like to forget. 3 of my best were:

#7 was a 178 yard par 3. I sent a 5 iron 175 and was 10' from the hole. Birdie putt was 3" short, but still a real good par for me and my game.

On 17 I had 206 yard uphill and into the wind shot to a back pin. On flat ground with no wind I expect 215 out of my 4 wood so I was just hoping to get it to the front, middle of the green at best. I don't think I could have hit it any better and wound up with a 215 yard shot over the back of the green.

Then on 18 I had 185 to the pin with the wind helping. I took my 4 hybrid and aimed dead at the flag and again hit nutted it. I managed a baby draw that wound up on the left side fringe hole high. A straight shot there is inside 3'.

My group started on 8 and the closest to the pin hole was on 14. I was the first person to hit the green (about 40' away) and only 2-3 got inside my shot. Tough hole location but I was proud that nearly 15 groups had gone through the hole before me and I was the first on.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Nothing good this week. I shot 76,76, 80.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

17th hole, played pretty badly yesterday. It was a par 3, and I took out my 5 iron, I decided hey, its the end of my game, and took out my hybrid. Tee'd it off, and watched that puppy fly straight where I wanted it. The green absorbed the ball, no roll, no bounce, and it dropped 3 feet from the pin.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

i was facing a long, narrow 2 tier green with the pin set up top and back with a Very sharp drop-off behind the green, and i was already lying 3 after having pull-hooked my drive into trees and having trouble punching out. i was about 10 yards shot of the front edge of the green and about 30 yards short of the pin itself. i pulled out a sand wedge and hit a light pitch which landed on the slope up to the second tier, turned right, and rolled straight into the cup, saving my par.

My best shot of the week was last weekend. This was at Dong Nai golf resort, about 30mi from Ho Chi Minh city where I live. It's one of the older golf course in Vietnam. On hole B4 (13th hole) which is a par 3, 180 yard, I shot a 1-on with iron 4 which I was basically the best shot I've had to-day (considering I've only started playing more than a month ago). This topped my 1-on at 140yr with Iron 7 few weeks ago on my first golf round ever! :D

This was a small competition of my local golf club and we had "nearest pin" prize on this hole.

Our flights saw 2 flags, 1 on the green and 1 on the edge of green. We saw the flag on the green was closer to pin than mine so we didn't record my name. Later we found out the guy who shot the nearest already got the "nearest to pin" at a previous hole so they're looking at the runner up for the 2nd nearest to pin prize. Since my shot was clearly on the green, just a few feet farther than the guy's flag I was supposed to be the runner up. But since we didn't record my name, the guy with the ball on the edge won instead. :(

Played last week for the first time since September (been way to cold) played the front 9 pretty good considering how long it's been since i swung a club. I am without a driver at the moment so I was actually impressed at how well I was driving using an old Callaway Big Bertha that a customer gave me.
started drinking at the turn so the back 9 was not so good!! LOL

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

Played on Sunday, course I hadn't played before. Lovely 18 holer up on the top of a hill with turf to die for. Blowing a gale though!
Got to the 15th, par 5 down wind. Decided I wanted to hit my 3 wood to get the ball up in the air a little and let the wind do it's work. Topped it about 100 yards....
Second shot had a good lie, decided to knock my 5 wood down the fairway, topped it again...
This left me about 190 to go, and I flushed my 6 iron (first time out with my new i15's). Absolutely nailed it and it ran on to the green finishing about 3 feet from the hole for a birdie and 4 points!

In the bag......
Driver: Ping G10 10.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
3 wood: Ping G10 15.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
5 wood: Ping G10 18.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
Hybrids: Ping i15 20 degree AWT regular (on order!)4-PW: Ping i15 AWT regularGap Wedge: Ping Tour-W 50/12 AWT regular (on order!)Sand Wedge:...

I had one playing a round with my fiancee that I was particularly proud of. Sliced my drive (no that isn't the one I was proud of) and thought I lost it into the woods right. I hit a provisional and then walked up the fairway. Found my first ball sitting just off the fairway where I apparently got lucky and caught a tree to keep it playable. I ranged the shot with my gps and got 180 to the back of the green and was hitting uphill, so I pulled my 19 degree hybrid since I hit that 180 to 190 usually. I took aim at the flag and put the absolutely cleanest lick of the day on that ball. I watched happily as the ball nailed the green and ended up about 15 to 20 feet from the hole. The hole is a middling par 4 and I usually don't get on in regulation. Managing to do just that after an ugly drive made me quite happy.

Y'all take care!
Jack Lee

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

4 iron into about a 30MPH wind from about 200 got it on the green thats about all I can think of

In my Hoofer

910 D3 9.5 Diamana Ahi'
906 F2 15 Proto x
4dx 17 690 MB 2 iron 710 MB 3-PW Oil can 54, 60 California Del Mar

Stuck a 60* a couple of inches from the hole with almost no green to work with.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Had a 40 yard chip that i left 9" from the hole.

Good day with the putter too. Had a 22', 40', and three 55' putts that I left inside 15".

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

176 yard hole, very narrow fairway with water immediately left and trees overhanging right. I think the only time I've gotten on the green before was an accident where I skulled it an ran it up. Typical for me would be slice into a tree about halfway down, then attempt a miracle pitch (usually hitting another tree), etc, end up with a 5 or 6. Today I planned for a fade, aimed toward the left edge, brought it back just as planned and dropped it on the green. Could have gone a bit more club and left myself a 15-foot-ish putt that I missed by about 3 inches.

Played in my first club comp yesterday - off the back tees. Apart from atrocious (2.2 average) putting I held a decent account of myself, especially as it was very windy, up to 20mph at times.

My best shot of the day - 150 yards straight into the wind, bit of a left to right to it. Normally would take a 7 iron, but took a 5 iron, back of the stance, choken down, held the follow through, and it stayed beautiful and low, died slightly to the right and 6 feet from the flag. Followed by a 3 putt..

Driver: Launcher 10.5°
3-Wood: Launcher 15°
5-Wood: Launcher 19°
Hybrid: Baffler TWS 20°
Irons: CG7 4-PWWedges: CG15 Black Pearl 52.10 58.12Putter: Rossa Kia Ma MonacoBalls: e6+

Me again (but I figure it's a new week, so..), dog leg right 350 yard par 4, with water in the leg. Pulled my drive left onto a bank between two fairway bunkers. 130 to hole, but lying well below my feet and with a left to right lie. Choked down, aimed left side of the green and let the slope do it's thing. Hit it perfectly - six feet to the flag and a made putt for a very satisfying 4.

Driver: Launcher 10.5°
3-Wood: Launcher 15°
5-Wood: Launcher 19°
Hybrid: Baffler TWS 20°
Irons: CG7 4-PWWedges: CG15 Black Pearl 52.10 58.12Putter: Rossa Kia Ma MonacoBalls: e6+

Played in a 'Member for a Day' tournament at Riverside Golf & Country Club in Portland, OR. Played fairly cruddy, overall but I had two shots that made my day.

1. Drove it left on #9 (our #18) and ended up on a severe sidehill (ball above my feet by at least 18 inches) just off the #1 fairway. I had 180 yds over some trees and a bunker, coming at the green from the wrong angle. Hit the 5-iron of my life, allowed for the sidehilll lie, hoisted it high over the trees and landed on the front right portion of the green. Tough two-putt, but made the par.

2. After the tournament, they had a drawing - they drew about 10 tickets and we each took a shot from 125 yds (slightly elevated green). The prize - a 'dues only membership', no initiation fee (currently $3,000) in the Riverside Golf & Country Club. I went 3rd and stuck my pitching wedge to about 14ft, closest of the bunch, to win!

Now, I have decide what to do and if I want the membership. The dues are $393 a month, with a $125 a quarter food/beverage minimum. When you think about it, if you play 8 rounds a month at an average of $50 a round, that's $400 a month. Plus, it's a 'family' membership, so I could bring my wife to play, also.

Or...I might be able to 'give it away' ... any Portland / SW Washington golfers interested PM me.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Yesterday - I got to hole 2 and a father/son duo were on the white tees.

They saw me coming and - instead of teeing off - waited for me and let me through. I love it when someone is TEACHING their kids not only the GOLF part of the game, but the ETIQUETTE part of the game as well.

I hit a wayward drive into the right rough.

Anyway, I got to my ball and it had a decent lie, I was 125 to the front, 134 to the pin. I hit a knock-down 9 iron right at it. Ended up about four inches from the cup!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5