IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 4 5th. Second shot came up short of the green and settled in one of the deepest bunkers on the course. Chipped it out with my LW and was left with an easy tap in for par. First sand save of my golf career!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

1st tee, dog leg right to left 345 par 4. Roped my drive over top the tree at the corner and landed it 65 yards from the green right in the middle of the fairway.

I played a round yesterday and had a few really nice shots. I have been working with a pro on getting consistent with my swing. I had struggled to incorporate the new changes to my swing workably, but have been working on the range to try to clean it up. Yesterday, I was able to really make it happen.

I almost NEVER make GIR right now. I had a middling par 4 that I drove fairly well and was set up about 75 yards out. I would have usually played a full 56 degree wedge for that range, but I have noticed that I am a little short on what I am used to right now. I pulled out my 52 degree wedge and gave it a full on whack, thinking happy thoughts as hard as I could. I made clean, crisp contact and took the first correct divot I have ever hit in a round and the ball soared like an eagle. Popped up high, straight where I was aiming and landed on the green with a thud that I could hear where I was standing. When I got to the green to look what I had managed, I was 15 or 20 feet from the pin, on in regulation, and in position for my second ever birdie. I left the birdie putt short by about 6 inches, but was dead on the line and still got out in par comfortably.

I have struggled based on my consistency issue to get a reliable drive range nailed down. That seems to be coming around as well. On a short par 4 (right at 300 yards) we were watching the group ahead of us until they got to the greenside bunkers. Dad pointed out that none of the three of us playing had ever hit a 300 yarder, so we were good to go. (There was a group behind us as well.) He drove and got about 220 straight and true. My fiancee set up and managed a nice 125 yarder. I set up, take aim for the gap between the fairway bunkers and let fly. I hit one of my cleanest drives of the day. The ball flew straight, true, and beautiful and as I realized what I had hit I yelled out "FORE!!". The group in the bunkers all flinched as the ball came to rest about 25 yards or so short of the greenside bunkers. (I apologized when we closed the gap enough that I could talk with them.) The gps I was using showed that drive to measure 266. Apart from the faux pas of nearly hitting into the group ahead of us, I was delighted with the shot.

The hands down funniest of the day, however, was a 3 wood on a long par 5 that I have always struggled with on that course. One of the changes that the pro had me make in my swing is how I hold my arms. (allow the elbows to flex at address instead of setting up with them stiff and stuck forward) This has meant that I am having to relearn my distance from the ball at address for every shot. I apparently got too close to the ball for that shot and ended up hitting it off the hosel/head junction. Should have been a shank of monumental proportions by my thinking when I felt the ball/club contact. Apparently, the rest of the swing was dead on perfect, though, because I hit a gorgeous shank/fade that started to head left and then faded back into the fairway, hugging the tree line all the way. End result, 188 yards center fairway. My dad just shook his head and said "you couldn't repeat that shot if your life depended on it."

All in all, three GIR, one up and down par save and some seriously confidence boosting shots.

Y'all take care!
Jack Lee

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

Played last weekend,hit a good drive,AW to the green,putted out with a 20' birdie...(first ever stroke with my new scotty cameron..) why cant i do that every hole..lol

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Played my first round on our 18 hole course. Par 3, 4th hole roughly 130 yards. The hole is slightly uphill with bunkers short, left and and right. Long is no good because the ball ends up in real thick grass.
I took out my 9 iron (this would be more of a PW hole for me). My ballstriking hadn't been very good, I was mishitting shots on the toe, and the same thing happened with this shot (although I hit it closer to the sweetspot). The ball soared on line with the hole, landed about 5 feet short and stopped 3 inches short/left of it. Tap in birdie!

350 yard dogleg left par four. After skying a 3h off the tee I was left with 180 to the flag. I had to play a draw on the next shot because of the dogleg and a huge tree which guards the front left of the green. Hit a very nice 4h with a perfect amount of draw to 5 feet and drained the putt for birdie.

30' Putt from off the fringe of the green across a wicked downhill right break (9 to 10' of curve) to within 3 inches of the hole on a line to continue in.

Won't forget that beauty in a hurry.
There's nothing like sensing the line on a putt that's going to start straight for 15 feet then curve and fall off downhill like a banana and either getting it in or to within a worm's length.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Played 9 sunday at Mcleansboro Golf Course in Mcleansboro IL. Up and down all day, some bad shots but a couple really great ones, and mostly good with the driver. Hole 2, 485 yard par 5. With about prob 15 mph wind at my back, hit my longest drive ever at about 280 yards. Next hole is a short par 4, 245 yards in the opposite direction. Wind dies down for a min and I decide to hit driver as my playing partner was using his as well, never even hit driver on this hole before, usually 3 hybrid to come up short of the green as there is a huge bunker guarding the front of the green, and then pitch over with 2nd shot. I decide to go with driver and hit the shot of my life as I carry the bunker and land the ball on the green for a par 4 in 1 and then 2 putt for birdie.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

yesterday. 210 yard par 3, into the wind. pulled a five iron, hit a low draw and stopped it on a dime 5 feet from the hole. sadly, it was a downhill putt on a quick green. i three putted. :(

Par 4 5th hole - playing 260 yards with greenside bunkers covering 90% of front. went for it with the driver - mid to high mini draw, pitched and rolled to 30ft. unfortunately 3 putted: long game on fire, but i couldn't buy a putt.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I played 18 today. On one of the par 4s I over faded my drive into some trees on the right. When I got to my ball it was in some chewy rought with a tree infront of me about 10 feet directly in my line of sight to the flag. I was 150 yds away and I hit a cut 4 iron to three feet for birdie.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

Short down hill par 4, i was trying to reach the green, but pushed my drive way right and short of the green. Had about 50 yards, hit the pitch shot kinda fat and bounced it off the cart path and about 15 feet short of the hole.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

par 3 - low 6 iron 170 yards to 6ft, holed the putt, other par 3 - high drawing 7 iron 160 to 12ft
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Friday - 255 yard par 4, down wind, 5 wood, 10 foot, made put - Eagle.
Tuesday - same hole today, cross wind, 3 wood, 40 foot, made put - Eagle.

In the 16 years I have been a member there I have never eagled that hole, now twice in 5 days!

From the top:

R9 TP Driver Stiff 9.5deg
R9 TP 4-Wood Stiff 17deg
X-Forged Prototype 3-9 Stiff (rifle flighted) 48deg, 52deg, 56deg, 60deg CG12 Wedges Newport Longneck TeI3 One Black

Par 3 132 yards. Carry over water. Hit Sand Wedge 2 paces from the flag. Birdie.

With me playing bogie golf, thats like a hole in one for me

In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

Par 4 330 metres. I hit a drive right down the middle of the fairway but..........it hit a metal drainage thing and flew off side ways into the trees. I got to my ball and hit to the side of the green and chipped it right into the hole for birdie. I have birdied this hole many times but nothing quite like this.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.