IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My best shot last week was with a sand wedge. Got it on the green from about 80 yards out. :)

lol, nice job though i guess.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

the other day i was playing at my local course where most holes are either par 3 or 4s (only one par 5 on the whole course lol), and i got up to the 13th hole par 4 and hit a mean drive that seemed to go a bit left. i was pretty mad as there was a little stream behind some trees on the left so i thought i ended up in there. when i finally went to go look for the ball i was in the rough to the left of the whole about 10 yards from the stream. all i needed was a nice chip onto the green to get a chance for birdie. i was playing with 3 guys that were new to the course and they were waiting for my shot as they were all on the green by then, and before i knew it, i chipped it up and it rolled into the hole. the guys were pretty funny they went nuts. they said "ive been playing for 15 years and have never gotten an eagle, and you get an eagle before me."

those are the kind of shots that make you come back to the course for more haha

probably the only eagle i will ever for a long time to come.

#1 handicap hole, par 4 dogleg left 418 yards. I try cutting the corner and clip a tree branch. I have a good angle in but still 224 to go. 3 Hybrid bounces in front of the green and then on the green, hits the flagtisck and leaves me a 4 footer which I made for birdie.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Hit an 8 iron to about 10 feet on a par four and made the putt for birdie. Backed it up with a double bogey typical lol.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Had two shots yesterday that were pretty much the same shot... and pulled them both off pretty well. First was on the opening hole. Good tee ball left me about 185 to the pin on a par 5. Pulled my 5 iron out of the bag... set up for a little fade... and it came off EXACTLY as I envisioned it. Landed on the front of the green and ended up 13 feet from the hole. I missed the eagle putt, but made the birdie. Second was on another par 5. Another bombed drive that left me about 190 to the green. Couldn't see the pin, so I didn't know where it was... but I knew it would call for another fade. Again, used the 5 iron and the fade come off perfectly again. High and soft... and it ended up JUST short of the front of the green... no roll at all - just hit and stuck. Chipped up and ran it 12 feet by. Took 2 putts to get down for the par.

Those types of shots make me believe that my practice is paying off. I know that when I NEED to play a certain shot... I have the ability to... it's just execution that's standing in my way. The feeling of the ball off the club face is spectacular when it all works out.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Slam dunk! Short par 5 10th, 115 yards out, perfect PW:

Thunked the cup, clanked the pin, dropped for eagle. Pity about the rest of the round.

In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

I played my best round ever today and ended up shooting 85. My driving was the best it has ever been. I wasn't able to warm up due to time and also that a high school team was about to tee off, so I warmed up on the first 2 holes.

I usually average 225-235 with driver, but today the average was 261. And that includes 3 sub 210 efforts (179, 192, 205) and does not include a 248 yard 4wood. These are marked with a uPro so I am not guessing on distances. There was some wind today (10-15 mph), but I had just as many into the wind as I did helping

I only lost 4 balls today (another low), and if I knew/were playing by the rules probably would have had a 90. Still would have been my best round ever. And for the first time I played the same ball long enough to need to retire it. I was able to spin the ball twice and hit a career high 7 GIR.

I'm pretty excited about the day and look forward and hope the weather allows me to play Saturday morning.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Played last weekend by myself and got paired up with a stranger. Was hitting out of a deep greenside bunker with no view of the green, i hit it out, feels like a solid shot and i'm thinking to myself the shot sounded great. As i climb out of the bunker and get onto the green, i don't see a ball on the green. my playing partner says the ball flew over the green into the sand bunker on the other side. So i begin muttering some expletives to myself and as i'm walking across the green to the other side, the guy asks me to pull the pin so he can putt out and now i'm thinking what a jerk but hey i'm walking by the flagstick anyway, so i'm pulling out the pin and look down and there's a ball in the cup. my ball, and the guy is cracking up. he says it was a great bunker shot, landed, took a hop and rolled right into the hole. was pretty funny :)

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Best shot today was after doinking a drive 170 yards and a pushed 3h. I ended up on an adjacant fairway for my third into a par 5. Hit it over trees guarding the right of the green to 15 feet with a 52 degree wedge. Of course I missed the bird, but tapped in for a mildly stressful par. LOL

I've struggled a bit since moving to my new course, and after another disappointing round where I hit the ball ok, but couldn't putt to save my life I was given a ray of sunshine!

17th, Par 4 of 360 metres, downhill tee shot. From about 110m out I made a "perfect" swing with a 9 iron. The one I've been feeling for but had thus far been difficult to fabricate.

It was all over it, pitched about 8 feet short of the pin and stopped about 4 feet short. Uphill, left to right breaker for my first birdie at my new course. The feeling of that swing was euphoric. I'd conjured up a few others like it in the round, but that was the one I want to replicate next time I'm on the range.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

15' putt. the green has a huge slope and I landed level with the hole. Shot a huge arcing shot and made it. I'm not a great golfer but its shots like that, that make me glad I came to play!

Today, had a bout 30 yards uphill and couldn't see the green. Also, had a bunker right in front of the green with the cup about 10 feet past the bunker. Hit my sand wedge within 6 inches of the hole.

In My Bag:
Cobra HS9 10.5
Titleist 980F 3 wood
Cobra FP 4-SW
Cleveland 57 SWRife Antigua Island Series putterMizuno Stand Bag

Sliced my Driver off the tee approx 230 yrds leaving about 235 plus to green on par 5. At the time i thought it was a par 4 so I was def going for it. Pulled my buddys three wood(that i was thinking of buying before shot) never hit it before and stroked it to dead center green 10ft from hole(def buying club after the way i hit it today). When i was mad that i missed my second putt(pulled it) my buddy says what are you mad about you have a tap in par. "Oh SWEET" Made my day right there(first GUR)

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sliced my drive today on number 10 which is a long par 4. Just knew I was dead behind a couple of pines. Turns out I have a chance of getting on the green if I can hit a high draw with my 8 iron, missing two trees in the process. Take a great smooth swing and put the ball 15 feet from the hole. I didn't make the putt, but that shot boosted my confidence right when I needed it and got me started on an even par back nine.

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

Before the shot: Teed up driver on a short par 5 (470 yards to a front pin location, water in front of the green) playing straight into a 10-15 mph wind. Made solid contact with driver, but pushed it a bit and ended up in a fairway bunker. I was close enough to the left edge of the bunker for a slightly awkward lie, but at least the ball sat up nicely. Hit a 6i with so-so contact, resulting in the ball being in light rough on the right side.

The shot: 148 yards to the pin according to a rangefinder, playing mostly into the wind. The ball was sitting up nicely. Only problem was the overhanging tree branches. I thought I could stay under them with a normal swing of my 6i, which would be approximately the right distance. Aimed straight at the pin and fired away. Made solid contact, watched the ball go up and heard it rustle some leaves. Lost sight of the ball. Walked up and saw a pitch mark 10 feet short of the hole and barely right of where I had aimed, and the ball 6 feet from the hole.

After: Missed the relatively simple birdie putt. Otherwise, I'd be telling you about my first ever birdie. But I made the very short par putt.

My beloved Pinke Gin:

G15 woods (1, 3, 5, R flex, Nike VR grips)
VR split cavity (3-PW, DG S300)
VR wedges (54-12, 60-6, DG S400) White Hot Tour #1 putter e6 golf balls