IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

hit the ball 3 feet from the hole on a 142 yard par 3 with a 9 iron. the funny thing was i was extremely close to switching to an 8 iron cuz there was a bit of wind, but then i decided i couldnt bring myself to hit a 8 iron from 142. it was pretty cool having everyone watching thinking the ball was going in the hole, too bad it didnt. i did make the putt though.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

I have two......I had a poor lie yesterday on a par 4 hole and I was out about 150. I had an uphill shot to a hidden green. I took a seven iron and hit it about two feet to the right of a large tree and it kinda drew around that tree and landed out of sight. When I got to the green it was about 7 ft. from the hole.

I was lying just off the front of a par 3 hole and had a steep bank in front of me and about 15 ft. of green to work with. I took my putter and stroke it as smooth as I could. It went up the bank and rolled into the cup. Unreal!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Had a couple good ones last night. I put my tee shot in the water on a par 4. I had 110 left to an elevated green and put my third to 15 feet. I left the putt on the lip. My best however was a 100 yard wedge to 8 feet followed by a drained birdie put.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
I played yet another round without any super-spectacular shots. Just good ones that put me in decent spots and gave me chances to make putts or hit greens.

I did hit one shot that was nice. About eight feet below the green to a pin tucked tight, both feet out of the sand though one hanging over the edge, the ball six inches below my feet, green sloping away and right. Splashed it out just into the fringe and it trickled out to three feet below the cup. Rapped it in for a crucial par save.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

90 yards out on a 400 yard par 4

stuck it 4 inches

(yeah I made the putt haha)

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Made a couple of crucial up and downs yesterday during my Club Champs 2nd ROund that helped me to a 3 and 1 win.

The most memorable for me was on the ninth, I hit my drive a little right and into the rough and had a shot off an uphill lie to an elevated green playing into a hard left to right wind. Hit a 7 iron which started out left of the green then caught the wind and ended up long and right, up a hill and over a hump. The 9th green is 2 layered and the pin was cut at the front just below the slope and I had to come over a hump down the rigde to the pin. PLayed my 58* Callaway MD wedge a little back in my stance with the clubface slightly open. This popped the ball up with LOTS of check spin, the ball landed just short of the ridge, rolled slightly checked almost back up the slope, then rolled softly down the hill to finish 2 ft from the hole and an easy gimme for a crucial half. Finished the front nine all square and we halved until the 12th which he won, I took the 13th, then won 15,16 and 17 for a 3 & 1 win.

Go the Callaway MD Grooves.....!!!!!
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Nothing spectacular this week. Clubbed a 260 yard five wood, but that actually went too far and got me in trouble with the next shot, so that doesn't count.

On a short, 105 yard par 3, I threw a SW waaay up in the air and got it to land 2 1/2 feet from the pin, for my only birdie of the day. It was off the tee though, into a really benign, middle-of-the-green pin position, so again, nothing spectacular.
I did hit one shot that was nice. About eight feet below the green to a pin tucked tight, both feet out of the sand though one hanging over the edge, the ball six inches below my feet, green sloping away and right. Splashed it out just into the fringe and it trickled out to three feet below the cup. Rapped it in for a crucial par save.

I was in this EXACT situation as well, but it was a fried egg, so I really had to destroy the thing to get it out of there. Let's just say it was six inches away from being really good. Otherwise, it hung up in the rough right before the fringe, and I had a nasty downhill slider for a chip that I only got to five feet.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

After splitting the fairway with my best drive of the day on the 444yrd par 4 15th, I was left with exactly 150yrds to the centre of the green as my ball. Since the flag was in the middle of the green and the shot was uphill I decided a 7-iron would be perfect. To get at the flag I had to carry a greenside bunker located short of the green, so with the wind off the left I decided to try and hit a little fade into the wind so that it would hold its line. After being totally confident about what shot i wanted to hit, I stepped up and made a great swing . I hit the shot exatly how I wanted to and the ball pitched about 12 feet from the flag and span back a foot. For the record the putt liped out, but I was still pleased with the approach that enabled me to make par on the hardest hole on the course.
In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

Nothing extra special. I was solid off the tee with one exception, pulled a drive across two fairways. I did hit two very good tee shots on par 3's. 3 Hybrid from 205 to 20 feet and a 6 Iron from 180 to 15 feet.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Driver on par 5 540 yard hole, hit it 260 into the wind, set up reachable second shot... ( unfortunately then hit a weak cut, then a PW 30 yards past the center, 60 wedge to front red pin location, then 10 footer for par)..

Easy as pie.... gotta be the strangest par for me of the year 2 good shots, 3 bad, still get par...go figure....

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

Sunday afternoon, on a 419 par 4, I hit a tree overhanging the fairway and was left with 250+ to the green. I laid up with a 6 iron and then hit a sandwedge to 6", made the putt for a real scrambling par. What made it so good was distance control. It was less than a full sand wedge, so I had to feather it.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Administrator

15th hole at Lake View (Dave will at least know what I'm talking about), ball on the right side of the fairway, pin middle left near a big steep hill you don't want to go down.

Ball is a few inches above my feet, I'm about 180 out, and I need to cut the ball 30 yards around a tree. If it goes straight, I'm in deep trouble (as I said above). The lie was a little bare - the grass had browned out and it was sparse.

Pulled it off beautifully with the 5-iron. Cut around the tree, hit 15 feet short of the pin, and hopped and stopped to about 10 feet below the cup. Very nice.

Played alternate shot with a kid whose index is about 11 and we shot 40 on the back nine. If he could have made the putt I left him with that 5-iron it would have been a 39.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

holed a sw from 95 yards on a par 5 after i layed up for my second eagle. shot 76 with two doubles and two 3 putts lol.

Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

I recently played in a tourney at an unfamiliar course and had several amazing shots. The one yielding the most benefit was my second shot on a par 5. (537 yds). I calculated approx 230yds left to the green. I decided to smash my 7 wood for several reasons. It had to be hit high, and carry the water/sand just in front of the green, yet be able to check on the green. All I could see was the very top of the flag blowing slightly. I hit the shot, it felt really well, looked really good, I was just hoping it was going to be enough club. Turns out it was 3' away and was able to eagle!

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite V2 stiff
Callaway Hawk VFT 3 Stiff
Taylor Made 16 & 21* Raylors
TM oversised irons 3-sw Rifle stl shafts
Titleist Vokey spin milled 60*Titleist Vokey 52* Tour

I played Sunday with my youngest son (8 1/2). I hit the ball reasonably well and had a few shots that made him think I was Tiger Woods, but nothing to really write home about. My best was a 60 foot lag putt from the front fringe to set up a tap in.

The shot of the day went to my son. On a par 3 that played about 110 from the front tees, he was short of the green off the tee. Missed the green right with his second and chipped his third to 10'. He rolled in the putt for a legit bogey. For the record, it was the longest putt either one of us hit all day. When I missed my 5 foot par putt, he was extatic to learn that we had the same score on the hole.

I hit a wedge to 4 feet from 105 last weekend, and left the birdie putt 6 inches short. *smacks forehead*

Oh well, I'll never complain about a kick-in for par. :)

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• Administrator

Had to win the last two holes on the front nine today. Stuck a wedge from the rough (literally stuck - in its own ball mark) to about five feet when I really needed it. That's been the best one lately. Haven't played much.

Playing today in the rain, I wasnt having a career round by any standards, yet on the 8th hole, i found my second shot landing about 20 yards from a large tree, and only 50 yards to the hole, thankfully i had all the green to work with. I decided I couldnt hit a wedge high enough over the tree, so I took about an extended chip like swing with an 8 iron and turned my hands over as far as I could. It ended up hooking perfectly around the tree, landing in the rough just short of the green, then rolling to about 3 feet, which i sunk to save par.

Adams RPM 430Q, 9.5 Aldila 65NVS
Cobra F speed 3 wood
Nike CPR 5-PW
Cleveland 900 series 52 degree wedge
Titleist Oil Can Spin Milled 58 degree wedge (freaking sweet, go get one)