IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I hit a 7 iron from the rough - I was 265 out. t bounced on the cart path about ten times - ended up just short/left of the green!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I'm not very good, but I was playing at Kingswood in New York on the back par 3 ~140-150 yards. I hit a decent shot with the 7 iron and came down and hit the base of the flag and bounced about 3 yards away from the green. Pure luck of course but it was pretty exciting :)

My opening drive on a par 3 which was a little over 100 yards. My first swing landed on the green and maybe 5-6 feet from the hole. BTW I made par on this hole. Kinda crushed me because I wanted that birdie soooo bad.

I hooked my drive at the third hole at Woodmont Golf Club into heavy rough and trees marked as a lateral hazard. My ball was playable and on a level lie, but I had 140 yards to the pin and a canopy keeping me from getting the ball in the air. Taking a 4-iron and aiming left of the green, I punched out under the limbs; using the hill hugging the left side of the green, the ball rolled down to 20 feet below the hole. I two-putted for par from there.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

deep trouble on a par3... pushed the teeshot into the woods... couldnt see the green... had a terrible lie... low tree branches... hill guarding that side of the green... opened up my sand wedge and hit it as hard as i could... no idea where it went after i hit it... but it landed smack dab in the middle of the green... 1 putted for par
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

There was an overcast today. I was on the 11th hole par 4, and it was spitting rain. I was in the rough; about 100 yards away from the hole, when it started pouring. I knew I needed to hurry quickly. Then the thunder came. I had two options; go back to the Club House immidiatly, or take one last shot. I decided just to take one last shot. So, I took out my PW and shot. When I went to retrieve my ball, I was surprised to find it 4 feet from the hole. I quickly putted it in for par and drove back to the Club House.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Par 3 160 with bunkers on right and left front. Went 6 iron low to try and get it to run up the middle but I hit it thick so to save par had to pitch over the right bunker where the flag was. Took 60 degree and from about 20 yards out put it 3 feet from the hole and putted out.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

deep trouble on a par3... pushed the teeshot into the woods... couldnt see the green... had a terrible lie... low tree branches... hill guarding that side of the green... opened up my sand wedge and hit it as hard as i could... no idea where it went after i hit it... but it landed smack dab in the middle of the green... 1 putted for par

Nice! Had one of those shots today as well but hit it a touch thin and the ball caught the green-side bunker. 5 more feet and it would have been perfect.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

County Medal on Saturday, +10 going into the 18th. Hit a poor drive and left myself 165 yards to the pin. Took a 7 iron, hit it dead aim and put the ball to about 2 feet of the pin! Putted for birdie and 81.

Not bad considering I was shaking!

May not be that great when I look back but at the time it was Tiger-esque. Playing in Club Match Play Championship Match. 2-up with 3 to go. Tough par-4 dogleg right that requires 2 good long irons (driver or 3-wood can put you through fairway into deadly woods). Hit a smoking 2-iron to cut the corner then a 195 yard 5-iron (a little breeze behind me) to 6 ft. Opponent hit his 2nd into gulley ~60 yards short of green. He conceded - 3 and 2 win for the Championship... First ever.

I had 2 good shots last weekend.

First was a drive on a 491yd par 4. It's a very straight hole. Slightly uphill but no dogleg. I drove the ball 20 yr short of the 200yd marker making it a solid 270yd drive, dead in the middle of the fairway. This is my best drive so far considering I still have 50yr drives in the same round :). I know this is by no mean extraordinary, but it was great for me considering I'm only 5'7 and have played for only 3 months.

In the same round I had a 110yd approach shot with a 52* wedge from the rough. Distance was exactly 110yd with my caddie's range finder. The ball landed, hardly rolled and stopped 1yd right of the hole. I made that putt for a par!

Par 4, 374 yards, dog leg right. I hit my tee shot about with my 4 iron (not performing with woods so reverted to irons off the tees) about 200 yards leaving a 175 yard shot to a 60 - 70 foot elevated green. Normally I'd play an easy 6 iron but because I needed to clear some trees I hit my 7 iron. Put some power into it and made a sweet connection and watched the ball fly over the trees just as I'd pictured it. When I got up to the green my ball was just on the verge about 15 foot away from the pin. 2 putted for my second par of the day :)

Driver: Hyper X
3W: FT 3
5W: FT 5
Hybrid: currently researching and testing
Irons: CI-9 4-SW Steel Shaft Regular FlexWedges: currently researching and testingPutters: Cushin AnserBall: AD 333

last weekend, I was 250 out and with my brand new 3w i bought a week before, I put it on the green within 15'. that was one of my highights. also on the same round, i hit a flop shot over a trap and one hopped it in. I was just on i guess. still only shot an 81. oh well, maybe i just need chip it in all the time cause i cannot put for s***.

Yesterday, when i played 3 holes after work i hit a layup 180yd 6i. I usually don't fly it more than 165-170. Just caught it sweet. I felt really loose. I wished i'd had the time to play a full round.

But...with the crookedness i experienced off the tee & on the green, maybe 3 holes was a good thing. First time out in...awhile.