IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

4th hole on the hillier of the two 9-hole courses I usually play. It's a straight, downhill par 4, nominally 355 from the whites but playing more like 335 today. Crushed a drive down the right side, straight or perhaps a very slight fade. Found it a bit less than 50 yards from the green, on the very right longest edge of the fairway. I actually had a similar drive on the first hole, downhill, similar distance, but it was on a provisional after losing my actual tee shot so I'm not counting that.

Sadly, I used all my short game magic to turn this beauty of a drive into a 10. It took some creativity, but my golf game is nothing if it ain't creative........

Hi. I'm new to golf, I have a taylormade firesole iron set +3W +5W burner + Old big bertha driver.
Today I took Bertha for a couple of shots on the driving range, and I hit the 200 meters line. So that's my best shot this week :)

I came up short on a Par-3 over the water and ended up in the sand. I got out but still had about 15-18 feet left to save par. I lined it up, hit it, and the ball just snuck in on the side for a sand save. Shot 89 today and really needed that par.

Haha, I'm just starting out again, so this's sad... but I managed to actually get a GIR maybe 20 feet from the pin on #13, a par 3 65 yarder. Yes, they're all short, so it's great to build up my short game. We won't talk about how poor my putting was on that hole though... (Didn't par or better the whole round)

PW over huge trees from 130, out of the "next fairway over". Played it up off my front foot, steep swing, left it at 5 feet...

...missed the putt. 40 on the back.

160 yards into the wind, blind shot over a hill from an adjacent fairway, downhill - hit and held the green. Dumb luck! I had a good drive also on a part 5 leaving me an 8-iron in.

Par 4. I hit my 2nd shot into a greenside bunker. My 3rd shot got out of the bunker, but just barely. From a thick lie just short of the fringe on the mound of the bunker lip I chipped in from about 45 feet away to save par.

I had 210 yards out of light rough to reach a par 5 in 2. I can't hit my 3h or 4h to save my life, so I took my 5 iron and just tried to rip it (knowing that even if I was short I'd be safe). Ended up on the green but about 40 ft below the hole for eagle. 3-putted for par, but man did that approach feel great!

My best shot of the week occurred Sunday.

There is a 358 yard tee-to-pin hole. However there is a HUGE hill in the middle, so it plays more like 300. Hole 4 on Quail for those of you who played there.

It was a slow going day. The foursome in front of us were on the green, and I very rarely hit it past the top of this hill, so I go ahead and tee it up. I tried out a newer swing technique (which has then since failed me) and blasted this thing all the way to the edge of the green. It was by far the longest drive I have ever made. Used my p-wedge to clip it two feet from the cup, and putted for the birdie.

All of this in front of my buddies dad who doubted I was a good golfer. Ha. Ha. Ha.

A straight 300 yard par 4. Not a very har hole, sliced my driver off the tee to the bank of a water hazard. About 80 yards from the whole, stuck a PW within a foot. Tapped in for birdie.

Played in the wind and rain today. Put my second shot on a par 4 in a green side bunker. Ball was buried and it was a up hill lie. Did I mention the sand was all wet? Anyway, had about 25 ft to the pin. Dug in, choked up and prayed for the best. Put it a foot from the hole for a nice sand save. Felt real good.

Super newbie here... I am a scumbag sub on a monday night league at a local 9 holer. The last hole is a 220ish yard par 3 with a bunker on the left side and OB on the right. I stroked my 4 iron left of the green and had to pitch 15 yards over the bunker with the OB very visible on the other side. I laid open my wedge and did my best Phil Mickelson impersonation and flopped it to 3 feet and saved par. I didn't get the course record but it was a nice way to end a so-so round.

I recently got back from a golf trip to North Carolina. On the second day, i had the worst round of my life (not exaggerating) then on the 17th hole, i chipped in from about 35 yards out. It was my first chip in of my golf career.

Well if there was anything lower on the totem pole than a beginner... that would be me. I'm going to play golf for the second time in my life tomorrow morning. So today I took my really old used clubs out to a local park and tried hitting some balls. So my best shot, since a LOT of them went about 20 feet, went... well I'm pretty sure it was over 100 yards ( I want to say that it was 150 yards) with an 8 iron... not sure if that's good... but it sure looked pretty

• iacas changed the title to Your Latest "Shot That Keeps You Coming Back"