IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Well if there was anything lower on the totem pole than a beginner... that would be me. I'm going to play golf for the second time in my life tomorrow morning. So today I took my really old used clubs out to a local park and tried hitting some balls. So my best shot, since a LOT of them went about 20 feet, went... well I'm pretty sure it was over 100 yards ( I want to say that it was 150 yards) with an 8 iron... not sure if that's good... but it sure looked pretty

Nice... I'm almost in your boat as well, considering I had a few practice sessions with my HS golf team when I was trying to make the freshman team, with no prior golf experience... I pretty much quit/got cut (approached the coach at the same time he was going to cut me, asking to quit for the good of the team lol... quite a competitive group they were), and hadn't played since then until Memorial Day this year. But now I'm giving it a shot again. ;)

And you share my nonexistent handicap. haha. ;)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Par 3 over water 200 into a stiff wind with the pin cut in front. Knock-down 4 iron under the breeze to 10 feet. Now that's golf.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Nice... I'm almost in your boat as well, considering I had a few practice sessions with my HS golf team when I was trying to make the freshman team, with no prior golf experience... I pretty much quit/got cut (approached the coach at the same time he was going to cut me, asking to quit for the good of the team lol... quite a competitive group they were), and hadn't played since then until Memorial Day this year. But now I'm giving it a shot again. ;)

Good to know I'm not the only one that's so new to this :)

As far as the handicap I wasn't sure what to put... so I went with the largest number it would let me. lol! I went out today and it was pretty ugly, I think I might try and get a lesson or two.

In my bag....

Clubs that have been thrown a lot

On a Par-63 course, hole #9, par 4, 295 yards. Took a horrible drive shot about 120 yards that hooked left. The ball landed about 2 feet from the truck of a tree, but still on decent rough. So I looked around. There a few large trees, about 25 feet high, that are in between me and the green. So I took out my 4H, and took a blind shot, not knowing where the green or hole was. I shot and the ball went super high, so high I couldn't even see it. Was shocked to find my ball 3 feet from the pin. Missed the first birdie putt, but walked away with my first and only par of the day.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Made the playoffs with my partner in the member/guest at my club this past weekend. We made to the the playoffs. Format for the three hole playoff was alternate shot. On the second hole, par 5, my partner hooked his tee shot into the rough behind several pine trees. With nearly 100 people watching I was able to hit my best 4 iron of the day between two of the trees to leave him a wedge to the green. What a rush playing in front of a crowd.

Best shot this week was a 3-iron straight into a big wind on a 212yrd par 3. I was worried the wind would balloon it and I'd come up short so I hit a 'stinger' and it was perfect. Started very low and slowly climbed, but was covering the flag the whole time. Landed just short of the pin for a 10 foot birdie putt straight uphill which I sunk for back to back birdies.

Waiting for summer...

Put me down for another 'wind shot' this week. Sunday, playing directly into the wind on a 424 yard par 4. My drive didn't go very far (GPS measured it at 219) which left me about 205 to the middle of the green. The pin was back. Trap left and a set of traps right. I knew I couldn't get there with my 18 degree hybrid (about 210 perfectly struck with NO wind) so I pulled my 3 wood and choked down VERY little. I played a perfect little fade that started at the left trap and worked back to the middle of the green. The ball hit the green, skipped once and ran out to the middle of the green leaving me a 19 foot putt. I missed that by less than a foot and tapped in for par. It was one of those shots that made me feel like I may be figuring it out a little.

Of course, the next hole with an 8 iron in my hand... I skull-sliced it into a green side trap and made a bogey, but still... the 3 wood from the fairway on the hole before felt awesome!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only hit the range, so far. Best shot (during my 2 buckets) was with my 8i. Straight, clean scoop, and it went about 120 yards. I impressed myself, because this was the absolute first time I've hit real golf clubs.

Peeking out of my Ascent stand bag

Hyper X 10*
3, 5, 7 X Fairway Woods
MP-57 4-PW MP-T10 56*-10 White Hot #1

Had two shots actually. One I needed to put my normal 'power' fade on and the other I needed a small draw. Both had to go through over/between trees. 1st shot was a 7i from 150 that I faded through the first tree and around the second. This one landed on the fron of the green for a birdie putt that lipped out, made par. The second was from the left side of the fairway. I needed a small draw from my downhill lie. Flew my 3i just over the green from approx 180 landing on the fringe. Made another par. Great day all around.

I had a few decent shots at the range today, but I was really happy with a 5i shot that was nice and straight, don't really know the yardage, despite the slice I'm trying to get away from (woo, classic beginner). I've been experimenting with my swing angle and such to get rid of it. I'm also still swinging a little hard, and gripping a little tight (given the nice red marks I have on my LH right now LOL)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

It was during a 4 man scramble with about 35 teams competing. My team was in a playoff for 1st with four other teams and closest to the pin was the tiebreaker. I was one of the first of 16 to hit into a 150yd par 3, I ended up sticking it to within 3 feet, it was a great shot into a hard pin placement and i thought it would seal us the victory. too bad someone hit it closer by a couple inches, but anyway i still consider it my best shot of the week

Had my personal best in the last 5 years. Shot 78 for a net 63. Best shot came at the approach shot to the 15th hole. 9 iron into a slight wind. Landed 2" right of cup one hop spun back to 12".

My Clubs
Driver - Nike SUMO 13* R flex
Wood - Cobra 5 wood 18* R flex
3-PW hybrids/irons - Mizuno MX-950 R flex
Wedge - Mizuno MX-950 51* Wedge - Cleveland CG14 56* 14*Putter - RifeBall - Taylormade TP LDP RED

Won the closest to the pin at a Member-guest this weekend. 168 yd Par 3. Hit to within 9 1/2 inches. Not just best of the week but best of my life! Good news to spill for my first post!

today on a par 5 i chipped in from about 45 yards out to eagle the hole. it was my first eagle and it was probably the best hole of my life

In my lightweight bag:

Driver: FT-iq 8.5*
3 wood: FT-i 3 wood
Hybrids: Diablo Edge hybrid 3-4

Irons: Diablo Edge irons 5-PW

Wedges: 50.08, 54.08, 60.10

Putter: Scottie Cameron Kombi S

Last week when I played a course in my hometown I launched my driver on the first hole, a par 4, straight to the green with a 3 meter putt left. Sadly I missed the putt by a couple of centimeters to the left.

In the Bag:
10.5° Launcher Driver (Aldila NV-65S)
15° MX-700 3-Wood (Aldila NV-65S)
20° MX-700 Hybrid (Exsar FS4 Stiff)
4-PW R9 Irons (KBS Tour Stiff)52°, 56° & 60° CG10 Wedges (DG S300) White Ice #9 Putter 34" Speedster II Cart Bag

A 165 yd 7 iron shot from whispy rough about knee deep. Landed 8 feet from the hole. I was tempted to look around and see who just hit that cuz it surely wasn't me!

Home Course Fairfield Greens
In my Bag Boy Revolver bag...
Driver: Tour Burner 43" REAX 60 gram shaft 13 degree
Fairway: X Tour 3 metal 15 degree
Hybrid: 5H 26 degreeIrons: X-22 5 thru PWWedges: Jaws 60, 52Putter: Tour White Hot #2 Center Shaft 33 inchesBall: ProV1