IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

well my luckiest shot of the week was today when i hit a 6 iron on like a 180 yard par 3. I was trying to hit the ball straight with maybe a bit of draw. It ended up i started it out like 30 yards left of the green (i'm a lefty) and drew it back and it landed 4 feet from the hole. and i just stood there thinking i couldnt have hit that shot if i tried 100 more times. oh well i'll take a birdie on that hole anyday

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

There weren't any. My distance control was not great. I didn't play all that bad, just nothing to report.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

hit a long drive but missed the fairway and my ball was sitting (on the right side) on the bare dirt of a circle surrounding a tree. I had to put my left leg against the tree and could only have a 3/4 swing. I opted for my 5i from 120 to a slightly elevated green and put it on the back fringe then saved par. I love the creative shots (and my game requires them lol)
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

Had to win the last two holes on the front nine today. Stuck a wedge from the rough (literally stuck - in its own ball mark) to about five feet when I really needed it. That's been the best one lately. Haven't played much.

Too busy posting I daresay

. BTW, when you do that (ball pitches onto the green and stays in its own mark), is it legal to pick the ball up, repair the pitch mark and then put it back down again? Happened to the guy I was playing with recently on a green that had just been hand hose-watered (while we waited on the tee of a par 3!) and we agreed that he could do the repair before replacing his ball, but is it kosher or does the ball have to go back into its little hole for the putt? Huge difference to the next stroke of course. My best shot: in greenside bunker, slightly uphill lie (good), excellent sand quality (good), about 45 ft from the pin (for me very, very bad ...). Kept cool, took a bigger than normal swing, bit less open clubface, and accentuated the follow-through. Damned if the ball didn't come out sweetly and roll up to about 2 ft. Sank the putt for par. Best sand save of my career to date.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Yep, certainly is legal. You can always mark your ball on the green and you should always repair pitchmarks - I make a point of repairing others on the green when I see them.

Played on Saturday - had 3 birdies which is the most I've had for a while. The first was on a 387 meter par 4, hit an awful 3-wood miles right of the green and had 188 meters left to the middle, was swinging badly so hit my hybrid over a ridge and onto the green about 5 feet from the hole - made the putt Other 2 birdies were on par 5's. Hit my drive 254 meters, then hybrid 190 meters pin high just off the green. Putted to a foot and made the birdie putt, and the other par 5 was a 235 meter drive, followed by a 195 meter 3 wood to 65 meters. Knocked that onto the green about 8 feet away and made that.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I hit a solid drive and 7wd to a long uphil par 4 and left the second shot behind a mound which has a sand trap in front of it short sided to the hole. Hit a perfect flop over the mound and trap which finished 18 inches from the hole.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• Administrator

Too busy coaching high school golf, actually.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shots of the week, actually: After hitting a pitiful wormy drive off the toe on a long par 5, I was lucky to be free of the water and trees, but I was a long way from home. My natural inclination would have been to hit a three wood as hard and far as I could up the fairway but I would risk a "blowup hole" score if I didn't execute it perfectly because the fairway was narrow with trees on the left and water on the right. I decided instead to hit a 7 wood, in which I had more confidence. I hit it well and positioned the ball with a look at the green, although still a good distance away. Since I hit the 7 wood well, and even though I didn't think I could hit the ball to the green, I chose that same club with the idea that if I hit it again accurately, eventhough the ball might be short of the green, I would take the greenside bunkers out of play and have a short pitch for an up and down par. I nailed the shot, pitched up to about eight feet. Unfortunately, my putt lipped out. I settled for a bogey. But given my poor drive combined with some possible bad choices I could have made, I prevented a high score on a relatively tough hole. I consider course management more and more a critical component of my game. Somehow, if I make reasonable choices about what shot to hit, I often take a lot of pressure off myself and, consequently swing better on my next shot.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

On a shortish par-4 I pushed my tee shot, pitched out, and my 100 approach shot hit the green but crawled onto the fringe. I made the snakey 30-footer for par.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

On a shortish par-4 I pushed my tee shot, pitched out, and my 100 approach shot hit the green but crawled onto the fringe. I made the snakey 30-footer for par.

Funny, I had a similar hole the last time I played at Willow's Run. I hooked my hybrid into some nasty rough, hit a hard 8 iron out which caught a bounce and landed pin high, but about 10 feet below the green in a little gully. I had all of 4 feet of green to work with. I managed a little flop that rolled to about 2 feet and rolled that in. Worst par I've had in while.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Once again, nothing too special. I did roll in a 12 footer to save par after a bad pitch. I alos bombed my opening tee shot about 295 with a large group standing near the first tee. Always good to get a few ooh's and ah's to start the day. Of course, they weren't there to see the ugh's and yack's.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I made a few really good putts and I nearly drove the green on an uphill 315 yard par 4. The best was on number 8. I needed to par the last 5 holes to shoot 36 and finish with an average of 39.9 for the year. I made par on 5, 6 and 7. On 8 my tee shot went a hair too far left and ended up in a bush. After an unplayable I needed to get up and down from 85 yards to save par. I hit my gap wedge to 8 feet and rolled in the putt to set up the drama of the last hole. Pulled the drive, hit a tree branch with my second and couldn't get the third on the green from deep rough.

• Administrator
Yesterday I nearly eagled two holes in a four-hole stretch. I settled for tap-in birdies. Both times, I threw the ball WAY past the flag - 25 feet or more - and sucked it back. The first time (ninth hole) with the help of a hill (that threw the ball more to the right than back) and the second time after hitting what I thought would be a bad shot on #12, a par 3. It went high and sucked back. The r7 TP irons did at least that pretty well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday I nearly eagled two holes in a four-hole stretch. I settled for tap-in birdies. Both times, I threw the ball WAY past the flag - 25 feet or more - and sucked it back. The first time (ninth hole) with the help of a hill (that threw the ball more to the right than back) and the second time after hitting what I thought would be a bad shot on #12, a par 3. It went high and sucked back. The r7 TP irons did at least that pretty well.

25 feet... that's some serious sauce. Sharp grooves, a nice pinch and a soft ball?

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

8/31/06: Old Course @ St. Andrews, Hole 9. Playing 347yds off the tee, but down wind and scottish fairways are good for the "testastarone-ego" Drove the green with a rocket tee shot, 2 putt birdie from 30ft.

I just shot a 68
the second one in my lifetime,I am so pleased

What is in my Bag
s59 Tour(3-PW)
Tour Wedges (56* and 60*)
G5 Driver(10.5*)
G5 Fairways (15* and 18*) Dual Force 2 #1Home Course Indian Valley