IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Downhill lie in the rough (half the ball showing) slightly below my feet 180 yards to the green. Hit my seven iron, which I hit 165, as I knew it would come out like a five iron. Out comes a low, hot, knuckler and hits in front of the false front and scoots up to 15 feet of the pin. Just liked I planned. You gotta love when that happens. Shot 42-38 from the back tees.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Drained a 45 foot putt uphill w/ significant break. Downside was that it was for par.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

nothing too flashy. been trying to shorten the swing a little for those 60-100 yard shots. had about 90 yards to the green on a short par 4, took my sandwedge and hit a very crist shot with a little lower trajectory. Took on bounce a stopped about 7-8 feet from the hole. made the putt for birdie.

Short downhill Par 5, (525 yards). Perfect drive left me with 215 to the hole. 4i which got lucky and ended up 25' from the hole. Woeful 2-putt birdie.

Or it could be my 58* from 75 yards to inside 4', which I drained the birdie.

It's debatable.

More like two different best shots, my first two pars on this course. I had a horrid front nine, but on 13 and 14 I parred, after knocking it on the edge of the green both times. I only 3-putt once the entire time, 2-putting the entire back nine.

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

• Administrator
Nearly holed a shot from 55 yards today, stayed close and left a tap-in birdie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was 110 yards away from the a back left pin. I was in rough behind three trees. I hit the ball over the second tree with a nice little draw. I ran out to see the ball stop dead 2 feet from the pin.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

best shot was a 5 wood off the fairway on a par 5 about 245 yards put it 10 feet from the hole for an eagle chance..

should add my best shot was followed by my worst shot... missing the 10 foot put and settling for birdie

Had a tough sand shot today, downhill lie across 20 feet of trap to a pin 4 steps off the fringe. One hopped it in. I'm not a great sand player so it was a pleasant surprise.

Fore!

Funny old round today, some greatness and a lot of mediocrity. This isn't so much Best shot of the week, rather 11 shots that all fell into place. Standing on the 16th tee, I knew I needed to finish with a couple of pars and a birdie to get down to single figures for the first time ever. Scored my par on the Par 5 16th with a regulation two putt,; hit a beautiful wedge to 3 feet and sunk the birdie putt on 17 and then dumped my drive on 18 (Hardest hole on the course playing into the wind today with pin back left) in the fairway bunker, managed to just get it out leaving myself with a full 9 iron. Hit it beautifully leaving myself 12 feet. It ended up being pretty straight but I thought I'd left it short, thankfully it kept rolling and in for a par. It wasn't the best shot of the day (The wedge to 3 feet was pretty awesome) but it was a real pressure shot after I'd stuffed up the last two weeks when I also had the chance to get to single. So there you go, my handicap is down to 9.48 and next week I'll be off single figures for the first time ever.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

with the wind at our back yesterday on a 325yd par 4 I decided to go for it( i always do and im usually to one side or the other of the green) Put one up in the wind straight at the pin. It flew to the edge of the approach and rolled about 15-20 feet leaving it about 4 feet short. Hit my put for eagle.

Before you say that i cut a corner to get there i didnt, straight hole with a cliff all down the right side. And i normally carry the ball 280-290 with no wind.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

I'm new here...
played 18 holes the other day for a Juniour Qualifier.
First hole,
knocked a gap wedge from the rough to 3 feet for a first hole birdie.
Sadly, I ended up with a 95 on my card with 2 9s?
Anyways, that was my shot of my week

Driver: Nike SQ Dymo 10.5*
Woods: Nike SQ Dymo2 3 Wood, Nike SQ 3 Hybrid
Irons: Nike Slingshot 4D 4-AW
Wedges: Nike VR Forged 54/12,58/06
Putter: Nike Method 001

Ball: Nike 20XI-x

Par 5 514 Yards, got just off the green in two hits for an eagle chance. Bombed it with my driver and my 3 iron :), sadly I screwed up the rest of the hole haha but it was great feeling to go for it and to be in a chance to get eagles/birdies.

It was today on the 17th hole while playing a match. I was one down and had 161 yards to the flag into a stiff side/headwind. It was also over the trees on a dogleg. I lined up my 6 iron for the left edge of the green (I could see through the trees) and hit it perfectly. The wind brought the ball to the right about 10 yards and left me with a 3 foot sidehill putt for birdie, which I sank. I then went on to win the 18th hole and the match.

I teed off with a 3 wood on a short par 4. I saw the ball hit a hillside just short of the green and hop back toward the center of the fairway. I thought I was going to be spitting distance off the green when I got up to my ball. Instead, I was on the green sitting about 20 feet from the hole looking at my first ever eagle try.

I left the putt about 4 feet short, but I still was delighted to have the try anyway. If I keep improving the way I have been, it certainly won't be the last time.

Jack Lee

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

Played TPC Sawgrass Stadium course yesterday. On 17, the island green, hit from where the pros tee off, 135 yards, hit an 8 iron and got on in the first shot, just 2 feet from going off the back edge. I putted to within 4 feet and made a par.

What a great feeling !!!

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2