IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My best one was a 39 paces putt. As in it took my 39 normal steps to get to the hole. It broke hard to the left, all while going down hill..
I shaped it around a bunker that intruded into the green, and it came down hill dead center into the hole.

Runner up would have to be a 35 yard pitching wedge that bounced, hit the pin and dropped. It was in front of the club house, so I got a warm applause from everyone that was sitting out there drinking.

I rarely make tricky putts, so the putting wins.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

My best was a 30' putt for par on the very first hole of only the third game I've played in 8 years. It was about three weeks ago and was total total luck. It was a Par 4, and I was on the green in three sitting on the fringe. My wife was still chipping her way up so I figured I'd tap the ball toward the hole abit and get a little closer. Needless to say, it roll all the way in. Best shot of my life, super super ecstatic.

220 yard 4-wood low fade around a tree on a dogleg right to greenside fluffy lie, right next to a small green.

From there a lob wedge to 10 inches for basically a tap-in birdie.

Sweeter for me, as it came on a hole that's seen its share of personal meltdowns.

... and no doubt will do again. No illusions about replicating that one very often, but that's the fun.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

So I played 9 holes yesterday with my cousin, we played the back nine and it started rough. But by hole 15 I started to improve. Finally on the 17th I borrowed my cousin's Callaway Perfect Plus 3 wood and hit a dead straight drive down the fairway. When I got up to the ball I realized that I hit roughly 260 - 270 yards... that felt gooooooooddd.

In my bag....

Clubs that have been thrown a lot

I sucked all day in my tournament today (shot a 93), but I won $45 on the 14th hole closest to the pin by sticking it within 6 feet. Anytime I win money with a shot, it's got to be my best shot of the week.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Toughest par 3 on the course, about 180 yds. uphill, have to carry a pond, traps on both sides of the green. I hit my 5 iron about 10 feet from the pin. That's the best I've ever done on that hole. Yay

: Grom Hoth Camo
Dymo2 9.5° Driver
3 Wood
SQ 3h Hybrid
SQ Sumo Irons 60° Wedge

Yesterday on the 18th hole I had an awkward stance over the ball, it was below my feet and I had to move my shoulders almost over the ball. Ended up sticking my 9 iron to 5 feet, and made the putt for a 71 :)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

I was playing the 9th hole just before a shot-gun start league was starting so their were four guys sitting in their carts watching me hit my tee shot on the Par 3 9th. They said they had a prize for closest to the pin and if I put it close to put their name down(jokingly).

So I step up with my 9 iron and hit the most pure shot I've ever hit. Right at the pin hits two feet behind it and takes on hop and spins back to about a foot long. Easiest birdie putt I can remember having.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I was off the green to the point where a putter was not feasible, so I had a 40' chip. I grabbed my 7 iron and gave it a go. Lipped the cup, leaving my par putt about a 1' from the hole.

Always nice to start out with a par.

Unfortunately, the rest of the round went to crap. But I managed to par both of the par 5's (only played 9).

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

I was playing the 9th hole just before a shot-gun start league was starting so their were four guys sitting in their carts watching me hit my tee shot on the Par 3 9th. They said they had a prize for closest to the pin and if I put it close to put their name down(jokingly).

I was on a par 5 a couple of weeks ago. I hit my 3rd shot, a 70 yard approach into the green. I nailed it close to the pin..... when I got to the green, part of the ball was hanging over the cup, but not enough for it to have dropped. Had I got 1 CM more of roll, I'd have nailed my first eagle. That was the easiest birdie putt I have ever had.

You've got to love those easy birdie putts... Congrats on your's!

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

Played like crap yesterday but did drive the ball 293 and 284 on level ground and 271 uphill. So that was cool. It was nice being right next to the green on the 2 par 4s and having a reasonable shot in on the par 5. I can see how distance really does help after that round.

I played a hole that I usually have a lot of trouble with. It requires a long drive over a pond, and I hit the ball over 250 yards, easily clearing the pond and setting myself up for a nice second shot.

A 90 yard Par 3. Put it 2 ft from the cup and dropped in the Birdie Put.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

My best shot that I have ever had was at Brown Deer Country club in Dallas Texas many years ago during tournament play on the 8th hole par 5. My game was screwed up from #1, it was hot, periods of light rain, my feet were wet and I was frustrated. I was the 2nd one to tee off. Drove it about 175 out and so did the rest of them. About 480 to the approach of the green with a mild dogleg to the right and another to the left. I blew my second shot big time and was very embarassed. I was in the short rough on the right next to a big tree. I short pitched out and was left with still about 200 to the approach. Everyone else was waiting to see what I was going to do. I still was almost in the middle of the dogleg left slightly downhill and had another tree to contend with. I thought 3 wood then 3 iron and bend it around a bit,maybe a 7 and lay up. I picked my 7 iron and just walked up to the ball and hit it and it was the prettiest site that I could have ever imagined. Had a perfect tail and just the right elevation and speed and at 1st I though that I ended up in the approach trap on the right but NO NO I cleared it and ended up about 2 feet beyond the cup. I putted in for par. I was the only one that made par on that hole. My game totally came together after that. IT'S A MIND SET AND I HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING MYSELF OF THAT.

Both mine and my buddy's were on the #1 rated handicap hole today. Mine was a drive about 260 uphill (about 10 yards) with a great roll on it.

His, however, was a 65 foot putt up a tier that just barely lipped out and was left with under a foot for bogey (his best hole of the day, oddly enough)