IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

163 par 3. Into the wind, pulled out my 5 Iron (typically my 170 club; it was downhill as well). Slightly bladed it, but pull faded it to the left edge of the green and rolled up to within 15 feet.

Second one was from about 155, uphill lie for a par 4. Pull out my 7 Iron (145-150 club, slight uphill but really dry so it'd roll) I absolutely pure the ball; crush it 15 yards past the pin but since there was so much spin on it it stopped dead right there and I ended up 2putting from 40 feet for a good par after a crappy drive...

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made a hole in one yesterday! 9 iron from about 160. I basically flew it in the cup. The ballmark destroyed the side of the hole. We saw it bounce from the tee and disappear, so I'm not 100% sure how

Kind of cold wet day, hole 17, 195 yards, hybrid, one bounce, ace 

116 yard par 3. Wedge. Lands two feet right of the hole, takes one hop left and . . . It's in the hole!! Bedlam on the tee box!!  

Posted Images

215 out on a par 5..creek runs from left around the front and right of the green..7 yards between the creek wall and the edge of the green, slight uphill slope. I just need to carry my 19 degree hybrid 191 to hit solid ground and be close or on the green with a good bounce. Make my swing, hit a beautiful shot, its drawing right in line with the flag....it catches the backside creek wall...oh no! BUT, It catches a rock flush and bounces OUT of the creek and into a bunker which allowed me to save par!

On hole 7 par 5 big dog leg left@ 515 yards on the local course. Had a great tee shot that got me past the dog leg going left, second shot put it 6' from the pin...made the put for my first ever Eagle. What a great hole! Great weather out there tonight also.

an embarrassing shot followed by three great shots for a birdie.

Riverside CC, Olympic Course, Qingdao, China. Par5 510 yards, wind in the face. Chunked tee shot left me 400 yards out in semi-rough. Hit 3-wood with slight draw that left me with 185 yards uphill. Hit 3-hybrid fade to about 10 feet. Putt dropped for a 4.

My best shots yesterday were all putts... I drained 7', 15', and 20' putts on three par 3's for birdies. I left a 30' putt sitting on the lip on the fourth par 3 as well for the easiest tap-in par I've ever had.

16th hole short par 4 with a severe back to front slope with the pin tucked in the front. Hit a 3 wood to 90 yards and spun a 60 degree from basically the back to the front leaving me with 3 feet from under the pin. Easy birdie.

A nine iron a little uphill from 135. Tore the edge of the hole up when it hit it on landing. Stupid Pro V-1 spun back 15 feet after that, and i missed the uphill birdie putt. what a wacky game. lol

Mine was very simple. Dead straight 3-hybrid from about 210 yards short of the green, came up about 10 yards off of it. It was special for two reasons: this is the number 1 handicap hole on the course, a 450 yard opening par 4, and I usually stink it up one way or another but this time I very nearly came away with a scrambling par, winding up with an easy bogey. It was also my first ever use of a hybrid in a round (and about my 5th swing of it ever), and it was just about perfect. I think I'm in love.

Simple straight away par 3 that always gives me issues. 164 yards... Took at 7 iron, just because I am most comfortable with it... and stuck it to about 10 feet... sank the birdie putt! Great hole... first birdie on that hole in every bit of a 50 attempts!

My best shot of the week is really three shots and all three came in yesterday's round. I'd been having a little trouble hitting my driver consistently so I hit the range before the round to tweak my swing. I was very happy with the results. I drove the green on three of the five par 4's on the front nine.

My best shot of the week happened at the Eisenhower Red course. I was about 20 feet from the green on the short grass. I used my 9 iron for nice pitch and run. Great swing, great bounce and a great roll. It was a fairly level green and rolled about 30 feet and bounced off the pin to leave me at inches for par.

So far this week my best shot was a chip to the green on a par 3 from 10 yards out that landed and rolled to a few inches from the hole. My only par of the round,I was happy with it. Hopefully I can get a few better ones later in the week.

My best shot was not on the golf course. I was chipping the golf ball in my front yard with my 9 iron and my friend was in my garage (about 15 feet away). My garage is about 5 feet higher the my front yard. So anyways I called out my friends name and as he was turning around I hit him in the stomach with the ball. hahah

Actually 2 good shots on the same hole for a hacker. I hit an 8 iron off the tee of a par 3. It's listed on the card as 325 yards par 4 but that is obviously wrong. I'll have to check the board next time out. There is a pond on the left and a steep bank on the right of the green that goes down about 100 ft to a dropoff into a creek bed. If you run it long then your ok for chipping back but the grass is high and burnt. You can just barely see the top of the flag from the tee so its quite a hill your aiming too. I took about a 3/4 swing and hit it solid but could not find it off the club. It was one of those, where did the

• iacas changed the title to Your Latest "Shot That Keeps You Coming Back"