IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

163 par 3. Into the wind, pulled out my 5 Iron (typically my 170 club; it was downhill as well). Slightly bladed it, but pull faded it to the left edge of the green and rolled up to within 15 feet.

Second one was from about 155, uphill lie for a par 4. Pull out my 7 Iron (145-150 club, slight uphill but really dry so it'd roll) I absolutely pure the ball; crush it 15 yards past the pin but since there was so much spin on it it stopped dead right there and I ended up 2putting from 40 feet for a good par after a crappy drive...

215 out on a par 5..creek runs from left around the front and right of the green..7 yards between the creek wall and the edge of the green, slight uphill slope. I just need to carry my 19 degree hybrid 191 to hit solid ground and be close or on the green with a good bounce. Make my swing, hit a beautiful shot, its drawing right in line with the flag....it catches the backside creek wall...oh no! BUT, It catches a rock flush and bounces OUT of the creek and into a bunker which allowed me to save par!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Hit a great drive on a short par four, busted out my PW and put it 6 inches from the hole. Felt like a god. Best shot I ever hit in my life.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

On hole 7 par 5 big dog leg left@ 515 yards on the local course. Had a great tee shot that got me past the dog leg going left, second shot put it 6' from the pin...made the put for my first ever Eagle. What a great hole! Great weather out there tonight also.

an embarrassing shot followed by three great shots for a birdie.

Riverside CC, Olympic Course, Qingdao, China. Par5 510 yards, wind in the face. Chunked tee shot left me 400 yards out in semi-rough. Hit 3-wood with slight draw that left me with 185 yards uphill. Hit 3-hybrid fade to about 10 feet. Putt dropped for a 4.

My best shots yesterday were all putts... I drained 7', 15', and 20' putts on three par 3's for birdies. I left a 30' putt sitting on the lip on the fourth par 3 as well for the easiest tap-in par I've ever had.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

~12 foot putt drained dead centre on 18 for a 1-under par gross 70 (and the win!) in our monthly club Medal competition last Thursday!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16th hole short par 4 with a severe back to front slope with the pin tucked in the front. Hit a 3 wood to 90 yards and spun a 60 degree from basically the back to the front leaving me with 3 feet from under the pin. Easy birdie.

What's in my Micro Lite Bag:

Driver: RocketBallz Tour 9
3 Wood: V Steel 15 degree
3-PW: 762 DCIGW: CG 12 52 degree

SW/LW: spin milled 56/11, 60/7

Putter: 2 Ball 35"

A nine iron a little uphill from 135. Tore the edge of the hole up when it hit it on landing. Stupid Pro V-1 spun back 15 feet after that, and i missed the uphill birdie putt. what a wacky game. lol

909D Comp 10.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 Stiff
CB2 3 Wood 15* Graphite Design X-Quad 68 Gram Stiff
906F2 5 Wood 18* Aldila NV 75-S
Idea Pro 20* Hybrid Matrix Ozik Altus Stiff
J36 Cavity Back 4-PW Project X 6.0 52* & 58* CG12 DSG DGS300Anser X 33.5"B330S

Mine was very simple. Dead straight 3-hybrid from about 210 yards short of the green, came up about 10 yards off of it. It was special for two reasons: this is the number 1 handicap hole on the course, a 450 yard opening par 4, and I usually stink it up one way or another but this time I very nearly came away with a scrambling par, winding up with an easy bogey. It was also my first ever use of a hybrid in a round (and about my 5th swing of it ever), and it was just about perfect. I think I'm in love.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Snuck a 25 foot putt in the side door on a par 3. It's a 190 yard par three across water and hitting the green is a victory- let alone making a downhill right to left putt!

Simple straight away par 3 that always gives me issues. 164 yards... Took at 7 iron, just because I am most comfortable with it... and stuck it to about 10 feet... sank the birdie putt! Great hole... first birdie on that hole in every bit of a 50 attempts!

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

My best shot of the week is really three shots and all three came in yesterday's round. I'd been having a little trouble hitting my driver consistently so I hit the range before the round to tweak my swing. I was very happy with the results. I drove the green on three of the five par 4's on the front nine.

My best shot of the week happened at the Eisenhower Red course. I was about 20 feet from the green on the short grass. I used my 9 iron for nice pitch and run. Great swing, great bounce and a great roll. It was a fairly level green and rolled about 30 feet and bounced off the pin to leave me at inches for par.

So far this week my best shot was a chip to the green on a par 3 from 10 yards out that landed and rolled to a few inches from the hole. My only par of the round,I was happy with it. Hopefully I can get a few better ones later in the week.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

My best shot was not on the golf course. I was chipping the golf ball in my front yard with my 9 iron and my friend was in my garage (about 15 feet away). My garage is about 5 feet higher the my front yard. So anyways I called out my friends name and as he was turning around I hit him in the stomach with the ball. hahah

-KB

Actually 2 good shots on the same hole for a hacker. I hit an 8 iron off the tee of a par 3. It's listed on the card as 325 yards par 4 but that is obviously wrong. I'll have to check the board next time out. There is a pond on the left and a steep bank on the right of the green that goes down about 100 ft to a dropoff into a creek bed. If you run it long then your ok for chipping back but the grass is high and burnt. You can just barely see the top of the flag from the tee so its quite a hill your aiming too. I took about a 3/4 swing and hit it solid but could not find it off the club. It was one of those, where did the

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX