IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

8/31/06: Old Course @ St. Andrews, Hole 9. Playing 347yds off the tee, but down wind and scottish fairways are good for the "testastarone-ego"

Its becuase your playing in scotland :D My country..

Well Ive not been on a course yet.. going on next friday and this saturday hope i have a good game

Par 3 17th at TPC Twin Cities 168 yds from the blue tees (playing on a guest voucher from a cancelled First Tee event): I hit a smooth 6 iron about 10 feet past a back left pin placement, the ball checked up and rolled back over the edge of the cup. Tap in birdie from 18 inches, closest I've ever been to an ace.

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

• Administrator
On the eighth hole at my home course I pulled my 3W left a bit too much and was right near the 150-yard stake. I took my drop (interfered with my follow-through) and had just enough room to the right of one of the trees to start a shot at the right edge of the right bunker (with the water just down a steep slope from that bunker). I had to hook it about 30 yards. I gripped down on a 6-iron, closed it, and took a punchy swing. The ball came off just right of the tree and hooked. It hit the front of the green, took a big hop, and rolled to the back. It stopped two feet shy of going in. Birdie!

Later in the round, on seventeen , I pulled my drive left. I hit a high cut with a 5-iron that caught a limb but came out into the fairway, 209 yards from the pin, into a stiff breeze. I hit a 3-iron to about 20 feet and made the putt. One of the most solid 3-irons I've hit in a long time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On hole number 6 at Rocky Knolls (in Custer SD) I hit a terrible tee shot with my 5 wood, but but my ball about 40 yards out with my 5 iron, and then I holed out from there using my lob wedge to save birdie. Did it during a golf tournament too (High School boys golf).

On the par three 16th I hit an 8 iron to 10 feet and made the birdie putt. I also hit soild tee shots on the other two par threes (175 yards and 135 yards) that lead to pars on both.

On 17 I hit the best drive I have hit on that hole in years. It was about 295 yards and center cut. It only got about two yards of roll becasue the fairway goes sharply uphill from where it landed.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I went out and played 12 or 13 holes yesterday at a course I haven't played since high school. Most of the round, I felt like I hadn't played golf before. I hit a lot of ugly shots and putts.

However, I did hit one of the best shots of my golfing career somewhere in the middle of the funk.

I hit a nice 3-iron off the tee on a shortish par-4 and stuck it right in the middle of the fairway. I had about 105 yards left to the pin which is probably my favorite range in all of golf. It's a nice full swing with my 52 degree vokey wedge. I hit the vokey dead straight right at the pin, the ball landed about two feet behind the hole and spun back to about eight inches. I tapped in for birdie.

I love the birdie tap-ins.

Played Heritage Eagle Bend (southeast of Denver) for the first time today. Tough course. An ugly 47 on the front nine. First par of the day on #11 was quickly offest by a double on 13.

Smoked the downhill drive on #14. 274 yards right down the gut. Leaves me 182 in. I'm not accustomed to reaching par fives in two, but the downhill was definitely inviting me to go for it. Absolutely pured the #3 hybrid. Ball bounced once in front of the green, onto the dance floor and began tracking to the hole.

My playing partners are cheering it on.......right.......into.......the........HOLE!!!

My first ever DOUBLE EAGLE!!! . Truly a magic moment.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Today at my home course Hood River Country Club I hit hybrid 19° off the tee about 230 (par 4, about 310 yards). I went a little right, leaving me behind a huge doug fir tree. I took out my 56°, moved the ball forward in my stance, and whacked it as high as I could. Sure enough, it barely missed the top of the tree and landed on the back edge of the green. 2-putt for par sealed the deal.

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

My playing partners are cheering it on.......right.......into.......the........HOLE!!!

Wow, that makes my wedge shot look like chopped liver.

Congrats man on the albatross! That's a priceless shot.

#11 - Par 4 467...pretty flat. Hit a great drive and had only 162 left to a front pin. I took a really smooth swing with an 8 and nearly put it in on the fly. It landed about 2 feet past the pin and hopped back to about 6 inches. Nice tap-in biride on one of the harder holes on the course.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Thanks, Cody! It was definitely one I'll never forget!
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Played in a scramble yesterday at Hawk's Prairie in Lacey, WA. Our group started on #9, a par 5. After two nice 3 wood shots, we were laying 2 in the fairway about 35 yards short of the green. Our first two missed the green, our third was pin high about 25 feet away. I hit last, just a little 'horizontal to vertical' shot with my 60 degree wedge, and I holed the darn thing for eagle!

Everyone freaked out - they couldn't believe we were -2 going to the 2nd hole. :D

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

14th Hole at Columbia Golf Course in Minneapolis, 334 yard par 4. I know what you're thinkin, I drove the green right? Nope. I've had problems on this hole specifically because under the right conditions, it IS driveable. I typically grab my driver, swing out of my shoes, and hit a push fade that at worst goes OB down the left hand side, or at best puts me in the trees over there with no shot to the green. Yesterday I hit 3 wood off the tee and hit a draw, imagine that, right side of the hole (I'm left-handed). Ball rolled off the fairway into the rough behind a bunker, about 115 to the flag.

Soooo...

Best shot of the week for me was a smoooooth pitching wedge from 115 that ended up within 3 feet for a tap in birdie! went from bogie or worse to a birdie. This course management crap works!!

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

I played my normal Sunday round at White Lake Oaks. I was leaking oil big time on the Par 5 15th. My I pulled my tee shot into the trees and actually caught a break. The ball was playable and I had a clear line. I tried to make it all up in one swing and topped it. It went all off 40 yards. I hit the next one well, but it faded to the inside edge of the dogleg. After going out sideways I had 65 yards to the flag. I had to get if close to save bogey. My wedge shot was all over the flag, but looked like it was going to be long. It hit on the edge of the cup and hit the base of the flag. It stopped less than a foot from the cup. It was so close to going in that it actually damaged the lip. It took me a few minutes to rebuild the edge for the groups behind us.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I played my normal Sunday round at White Lake Oaks. I was leaking oil big time on the Par 5 15th. My I pulled my tee shot into the trees and actually caught a break. The ball was playable and I had a clear line. I tried to make it all up in one swing and topped it. It went all off 40 yards. I hit the next one well, but it faded to the inside edge of the dogleg. After going out sideways I had 65 yards to the flag. I had to get if close to save bogey. My wedge shot was all over the flag, but looked like it was going to be long. It hit on the edge of the cup and hit the base of the flag. It stopped less than a foot from the cup. It was so close to going in that it actually damaged the lip. It took me a few minutes to rebuild the edge for the groups behind us.

Played a great course this week (Moss Creek outside of Dayton, Ohio). Hit off the tee with an iron iron into a sandtrap on a par 3. Blasted out of the sand and over the green into some rough. Took out my Vokey and chipped from the top of the green down hill about 30 feet into the cup for par, GREAT feeling! Got to the green in two on another par 4 and had a 35-40 foot putt. I read the green nicely and hit it a little right to left in for birdie. On another note, I had some monster drives with my new Titleist 905R. Overall, I played terrible yesterday but a couple of these shots were memorable for me so I know the potential is there, I just have to be consistent!

905R 9.5˚ - UST Proforce V2
904F 15˚ - YS-6
695cb 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Vokey SM54.14 and SM60.08
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro V1x / Pro V1Cyberbilt

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is a bit dead so I'll bring it up :)

On Saturday on the par 5 6th at Stafford Castle Golf Course.
Hit my drive down the right of the fairway, 3 wood to about 100 yards, then pitching wedge onto the green but hardly, just right on the edge. I was aiming to get it just around the hole, not in. Within 3 feet or so. Greens have a sharp left to right slope, and I just hit it, and it landed within 3cm of the hole, then I knocked it in for par, but that really made the difference as I was in a competition, and a bad putt there would have meant I wouldn't have finished as high as I did.

Sunday I started poorly, but brought it around on the last 4 holes. After rolling in a 20 foot par put from the back fringe on 15, I pushed my tee shot on the par 3 16th. I was about to give up the search when we found it under a leaf. It was sitting in a clover patch with a huge glop of mud on it. I was on an up slope and could not see the hole. The pin was about 8 feet from the right edge. My brother said "Let's see you feather this one Mickleson." I played my 51 wedge with the ball well forward and shot it straight up. It landed on the fringe and rolled straight into the cup for a birdie. I never saw any of it. I made a great 15 foot par save on 17 and came to 18 needing birdie on a par 5 for my first 39 on that course.

Perfect Draw on the tee shot. My Lay up was to exactly 110 yards. I hit a wedge to 8 feet and missed the birdie putt by about 2 inches.