IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I was only at the range, and sadly, I have to pick a decent shot for my best shot as I had another one of those sessions that shows you you need lessons... Nice pitching wedge shot that sailed about 85, straight, with the range balls.

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

I guess I had a few the last round, I hit two kick a 4iron shots, 180+ both dead center of the fairway. One over a couple of big trees with a dog leg right. I am growing in my game enough not to grab a driver for these shots.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit a drive yesterday that I didn't clear my hips through on and it faded right and put me in trouble. So I had to play safe out and punch out. This hole is a par 5 with a big dog leg left.

I was forced with a choice to either play safe and play to the center of the dog leg with a wedge and then play another wedge on to the green, or to go up over the trees and cut off the dog leg.

I was hitting the ball solid, so I pulled the 5 iron and got the ball up over the trees and landed about 20 feet from the pin. It felt great.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

my best shot from yesterday was 2 of them actually, and they were both 3 woods.

The first came on the 2nd hole at my local club a par 5. I hit a 3-wood off the tee but pulled it into the left rough. I had about 270 to the hole, slightly into the wind and I unleashed a beautiful high drawing 3 wood. Came short of hte green by 10 yards, but very easy chip that I knocked close and 1 putted for birdie.

The 2nd shot was on another par 5, the 11th hole, and I pulled my drive badly and was left with 270 into this hole again. Almost idenitical to the first shot..I hit a beautiful drawing 3-wood that came up short of the green by 15 yards. Chipped it up close, 1 putt birdie.

Shot a bunch of pars (which was kinda nice) but one shot really stood out to me in particular. 6th hole, par 4 slight dogleg left. I hit my 4I a little too far so it goes past the corner of the dogleg; and stuck 25 feet behind a towering oak tree right in the way of the green.

Pull out a 5 iron, do a half punch shot and miss the tree by about 2 feet and rolls up on the green for a GIR from what I would have thought is an impossible shot not 4 weeks ago.

Drove a par 4 for the first time. It's a dogleg left, about 320 yards. Straight to the flag is probably about 280.

Next to the teebox are huge trees which you have to go over with a really high draw.

Pulled it off, missed the eagle-putt, easy birdie.

par 5 dogleg left. made it to the multi terrace green in four. approach shot didnt go far enough past the terrace so it rolled back to the bottom for a 20 footer for par that broke left to right. i gave it a good wap to get it onto to the top terrace, speed was right as it approached the cup it slowed down. when it got right next to the cups edge it stopped for a second and the plink fell in for a par.

was pretty fun shot to make.

In my Bag:
Burner 460 Driver 10.5deg stiff
Burner #3 Fairway Wood 15 deg stiff
MP-68 Irons with Project X 5.5 Shafts & Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Grips
Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11, 60.07 Wedges White Hot XG 2-Ball SRT Putter

Mine came today during a club championship match. The ball was plugged and the guy I was playingswore that I didn't get relief so instead of arguing I hit anyways. 160 yard out, 8 iron, right next to the pin. Only I didn't know till I got there, I couldn't tell the difference between the grass flying up and the ball.

Ft- Tour 9.5* Proforce V2 77x 44.5"
585h 19* Aldila VS Proto 80 Stff
3-pw Dynamic Gold x100
MP-T10 52* 56*
X-tour 60* Antigua 33"

2-iron, full-on, about 210 into a ~2-club wind. Started ~5 yards right of flag and drew right over the top of it. Pitched ~10 feet over flag and stopped about 30 feet past flag. Feelgood lasted the rest of the afternoon .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday, I sliced my drive into the woods off the tee. Had about a four foot opening to pitch out and slice it out of there towards the green. I was about 145 out. Put it right through the trees, sliced towards the green and rolled on about 2 feet from the pin. Made birdie.

Got to play on my home course last sunday in between heavy showers. While the first 4 holes were playable, the greens got soaked afterwards. Left after 9, but was glad I stayed for my shot of the week. Hole 2, par 5, 528 yards, downhill slight dogleg left. Started by hitting my drive perfectly, over the corner, carrying the bunker (260 downhill), and expecting a 300+ yard drive. Arrive to my ball on a fairly steep sideslope, hanging lie. its about 240 to the pin (front of the bunker), and there is a swollen stream to cover 15 yards short of the green. As is was so wet decide to go for it. Hit a rifle with my 3 wood that hit the green and stopped ~15ft to the hole. Missed on the amateur side but as my best eagle try so far, was happy for the tap in birdie.

Yesterday, while it was raining and there was no one on the course, my buddy and i were chipping off of a hitting mat onto the nearby ninth hole to see who could spin the ball back more. His first shot promptly landed in the hole without bouncing. I know it wasn`t me and not even in a real round but i thought it was cool.

In my carry bag
r7 limited driver
Spine driver
909h hybrid
710 CB irons52 and 56 degree wedges Newport 2 putter z-star tour yellow

210 5i off the tee. I've never hit a 5 that far before. I took a practice swing & got the perfect divot. My swing went 'click.' Oh, there it is.

So i teed off, parred the hole & quit. That was #9 & i told the wife i was only playing 9. At least i finally got warmed up.

Played on a new course Monday, par 5 second shot sliced into the rough between holes. About 80-85 yards from the green and couldn't get it over 10 feet high or would hit the tree branches hanging out. The kicker is I had to carry 3 bunkers for a total of 75 yards and somehow stop the ball from rolling off the fastest greens I've played this year. Happened to be a patch of thick rough about 5 yards wide between the last bunker and the green. Pulled out my 2-hybrid (I love it over my old 5 wood) and proceeded to hit the perfect shot. Carried all 3 bunkers putting the ball right into the rough to knock the speed down and it bounced out to within 10 feet of the hole. Unfortunately missed the birdie putt and settled for par.

Yesterday I had back-to-back best shots.

I chipped in for birdie, then put my tee shot to SIX inches on the next hole.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5