IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Had my first hole in one today! So, yeah, that's my best shot of the week!

#3 par 3 160 yards, pin location middle. Hit a 7 iron and drew it in there (wouldn't have happened without that spin) it hit and rolled about 4 feet into the cup. I was in awe for a second on the tee box, I couldn't believe it. I had to whip out my iPhone and start recording video of walking from tee to green because I was playing as a single - nobody saw it :( Still, what an unbelievable feeling!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

#8, par 5 with 475 to the middle of the green. Hit my drive right down the middle and had 190 yards left. The hole plays uphill so I took a 4 iron instead of a 5 and pured the shot. Started left and played a little fade and it landed 15ft from the pin. First time I've had an eagle opportunity on that hole. Missed the first put and left about three feet and sunk the birdie putt. Then on #9 I chunked a tee shot down a hill, pitched up, and two putted for bogey.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

I left my approach shot on a par 4 the other day, right under a Pine Tree!!! I was about 50 yards away from the green. In order to get it close, I was going to have to punch/chip a 3 hybrid. Left it 3 feet from the hole, it never got more than 2 feet off the ground, saved my par. There are so many trees on my home course, I have to have a shot like that in my bag.

Played a executive course - short par4 around 290 yards. Hit a drive to the right part of the fairway and have around 50 yards to so to the pin. Hit a half lob wedge and kept it low. Two bounces and rolled onto the green and broke about 30 feet to the left to go right in the hole for my second ever eagle

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

id prob say this was my best shot ever(only been playing about a year). Yesterday on hole 7 I pulled my tee shot into bunker on left side of fairway. Its been raingin like crazy in Tampa the last couple weeks so course was cart path only and of course cart path was on right side of fairway. So i grabed two clubs(5i, and 8i) thought my yardage was about 185 from cart, walked to ball and it was @ back of bunker not front so yardage was actually 198. Contemplated for a minute on weather or not to lay up with the 8 or go for it, bunker @ front right of green. Well I normally hit my 5 iron about 185-190 so i figured id just try to muscle up. Well hit the purest 5i i think i ever have straight @ pin. Ball plugged on green 4th short of the hole. If it didnt plug I might have holed out(could have been first eagle, we'll never know). tap in bird

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a really nice drive on a short par 4 that left me with 68 yards to the pin. Still managed to make a bogey though.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

I'm not sure if shots at the Driving Range count, but....

Was trying different stances with my driver at the range, and on one shot, I drove about 210-220, dead straight. It looks like I've found my new stance now.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I guess I spoke too soon earlier this week. Yesterday I made my first eagle, on the same course but the 3rd hole not the second. Driveable par 4, 321 from the blue tees, the green was burnt out so they put a temporary green up just off the front edge. I hit driver to 15 ft and sunk the putt. I'm not sure if it really counts but it felt good.

I had two this week. One was a 305 yard drove on 8 at Beacon Lakes right down the middle. and the second was on 10 the same round was my second shot that was about 3 feet from the pin for one under. Best shots during the best round (89) of my short golfing life. About 18 months now, Mike

Had my first hole in one today! So, yeah, that's my best shot of the week!

Awesome! I had 2 fears for my first ace:

1. Nobody would be around to witness it. 2. I'd make it on a day when there was a competition and I'd get killed by the bar tab. I DID make it on a competition day... so at least I had witnesses... but it was raining that day, so by the time guys finished... they left to dry out. Being the 3rd from final group... the bar tab was completely reasonable and I've got myself a few nice little trinkets as a reminder. Contact the company of the ball you were using and the club you were using and let them know. Callaway (Warbird Plus ball) sent me a nice plaque... Nike (Slingshot Pitching Wedge) didn't send anything but... still... it's worth a shot. Congrats! CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Got a call from my friend yesterday that he and his father in law were going to play Rancho Solano in Fairfield, CA that afternoon so I promptly wrapped up some things at work at got the heck out of there early. I typically never play well after working but for some reason everything was clicking today. We were on #9 and I hadn't scored anything greater than a bogey so far and was on pace to shoot my best front 9 ever. I stepped up to the #9 tee and hooked my drive to the left I walked up to my ball which was left of the fairway on a dog leg left hole and I had a big left bend plus a hill to deal with. The group in front of us was on the green and the built in GPS on the cart was telling me it was 208 yards to the front of the green. I grabbed my rescue which at best I typically hit it about 200 off a tee so I figured I could lay up and be in a good place to chip on. I hit a solid shot and went up and over the hill and I couldn't see the ball anymore and I thought I went OB. My buddy who was across the fairway with a good view of the hole yelled at me that I just rolled across the green that the guys were putting on. I honestly thought he was kidding but I promptly drove up and apologized to the group. They weren't very happy but after a minute of apologizing they got over it. Any way, ended up being about a 220 yard shot out of the rough, over a hill and onto the green. Of course then I three putted and finished the front 9 with a 45. Shot a 47 on the back finishing with a 92, still chasing that elusive score in the 80's

Had 2 this week actually ... on a par 3, 138 to the flag with a slight helping breeze, I hit a 9 iron to 6 inches (ball mark was 3 inches from the hole).
2nd one was on a dog-leg par 4. Hit a decent drive of 230 to the corner, then knocked a 3-hybrid 197 yards with a couple bounces to within 3 feet, and yep - I 2-putted for par ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Birdie at Song Be Golf Club in Vietnam.

Palm course #8. 143 yard par 3 overwater ( http://songbegolf.com/main/pages/gol...urse/palm8.php )

This is the hardest green in the course according to most members there because it is very steep and then grass is too fast for how steep it is. Tee off with 7iron and the ball stopped about 10ft to the right, 3 feet past the hole from teebox, uphill from the cup.

My line was 2 ft to the right of the hole because I was putting down hill. It went straight on course and turned where I was thinking it would and landed in the cup nicely. Birdie! My first career birdie . If I missed that putt, I would've bogeyed the hole at best due to how far the ball would go if you miss when putting down hill.

It was a very good feeling to birdie for a 48-50 over guy. First time on the course I yelled "Yeah!" loud enough so the people in the neighbor fairway could hear :D

I hit a couple of shots in the 50 yard tub winning free range chips!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Two for me this week.

1.) Drive with a power fade on a shortish (525) dogleg right par five. Executed just as planned - with a slight assist from a light tailwind and gently sloped fairway, it ended up traveling 325 yards (normal average is 275). The fact that my regular shape is a draw makes it even more satisfying.

2.) 50 yard SW punch spinner. Made perfect contact with a half backswing. The ball landed about 8 feet short, bounced once and checked hard to leave me a 3 foot birdie try. I just got new wedges and have been struggling a bit with my feel so it was nice to be able to play this shot like I did with the old ones.

Sliced a big bomb drive into the fairway to the right of ours on a 395 yard tree-lined par 4. Get to my ball in the other fairway sitting pretty in the rough on the far side, scope it at 187 to pin. Pull out my 5 iron and set up for a fade over/around trees (open stance & curl left hand under)... as soon as the ball left the clubface I proclaimed, "YEAH!" and watched the ball curve just how I imagined landing 4 feet above the hole. I've played this shot on this hole several times with similar results in the past 3 years.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Not the best day but second shot, rough GPS said 205 to front. Ball was above my feet in the rough. Just really wanted to put it about 150 ish, so I clubbed up to a 6i. Well needless to say I smacked it to 20 yards middle of fairway.

MX-23 3i-PW : FT IZ Tw9 52