IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I shot my first birdie yesterday. I was on the 12th hole at a local course. It's a par 3, about 128 yards to the hole. It was a fairly easy hole, so I took out my 8I and shot. The shot itself was perfect but what was even better was that it landed 5 feet from the hole.

Then came the putt. It was a little difficult, plus I was under a little pressure to make it for my first birdie ever. Luckily I made it.

I ended up shooting +9 on that round.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

175 yard slightly uphill par 3. Debated between a 7 or a 6 iron , the wind shifted into my face so I went with a smooth 6. I play a fade so I aimed slightly more to the left than I normally would because of the wind. I swung nice and smooth and it landed about 15 feet away from the cup. Left myself with a nice uphill putt which i missed : (

A 30 foot putt that curled left to right about 8-10 feet and rolled into the center of the cup for birdie. By far the best shot of the week for me.

Don't know if you guys consider a putt a golf shot but I certainly do.

« Keith »

18th hole of my first shotgun tourney. We were sitting on the 100 yard marker and I confidently pulled out my P-Wedge and soared it straight over the flag........ past the green. In disbelief I tried again, with the same results. I say the yardage marker was wrong. I don't hit the P that far and both were quality hits.

I found both balls within 3 feet of each other. Accuracy was good anyway.

In my Ogio Cart Bag
Driver: 460 10.5 R7
4- S Wedge: R7 CGB Max
Putter: Afinity Cheapo Putter
Balls: I generally use them

nothing beats this on monday i was playing with my dad and couple of his buddy's i chipped in on the first hole for par with a ball in the hassard then i boggied, then i layed up to the creek on # 3 then hit hybrid to 30 yards, i took out my 60* vokey spin milled wedge pins at the back i step up and hit it perfect right where i wanted but i thought i hit it to hard but i guess vokeys spin prty good first bounce second bounce hits the pin and sit there for few seconds and i was like comon and then it just dropped :D yes guy.... couple hours later i finished 89 was horried after that lots of doubles :( but prety good for first eagle :D

My last round:
6 irons hit pure onto the green twice
2 sand save
7 iron from the light rough onto the green
3 long drives
4 out of 4 up and down on the front nine to shoot even par for 9 holes

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Yesterday I hit my 2 best shots of the season during the same round:)

Par 4 16th 349 yds Narrow fairway slight dogleg right with blocking trees on right side of fairway.

I hit a 3 iron off the tee to about 120 yds out. Then grabbed my AW and swung smoothly. The ball landed about 4 feet short and right of the hole, bounced once, rolled a bit and in the hole for an eagle!!

Par 4 18th 389 yds Trees hugging left side all the way down fairway on both sides

I hit my driver with a fade which grabbed an upper branch and left me with 170 yds in from the middle of the fairway.

Swung a smooth 7 iron again with a fade and it hit and stuck 2 ft from the pin. Simple birdie putt, nice

38 for the round on a par 36 back nine.

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

This one is truly one of my best shots that I've ever shot, and it happened yesterday.

I was on the 12 hole at a local course. The hole is a severe left dogleg, about 500 yards, uphill. So I'm about 190 yards away from the hole, or so I thought. I was actually about 140. I couldn't see the flag (which remarkably was 12 foot high) because we were uphill, but I decided to shoot with my 3H anyways. So the shot goes over the hill, bounces on then off the green, then into some dead pine needle brush-like stuff, about 40-50 yards from the hole.

So I walk over to find my ball beside the tree, on the right side, about 10" away. Plus, the green is about 6 foot higher than where I am. So think about that for a minute. Lefty golfer + ball beside tree on right side = a shot that lefty golfer can't hit. Then I remembered Phil Mickelson, hitting his club the opposite way at Quail Hollow, and decided to try that.

So with my PW, flipped the opposite way, and shooting as a righty, I shot. I made more than decent contact with the ball and it got over the 6 foot hill to the green. When I walked up, I was surprised to find my ball 6 feet from the hole.

I ended up getting bogey on that hole, due a two putt.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Absolutely pured a 4 iron off the tee 210 (normally hit carry it 190 with a pure). Thing took off like a rocket with a piercing trajectory, dead straight. Water was 220start 240carry I could have gotten over but didn't want to as its risky and leaves me an awkward 50y pitch.

Pin was 113, one club up hill. Thought GW, then thought about the uphill and went PW. Pulled 5 yards of target (or perhaps I was just aimed there, but it faded so it was probably a pull) and faded 5 yards in right toward the flag. Ball mark 3 feet below the cup straight at the pin, spun back to 6 feet. Birdie.

All day I was thinking smoother tempo and the swing speed felt 5-10mph less but hey I hit the ball just as far and much straighter.

Shot 78 (par70), pretty solid day (except the first hole, no warm up except 5m of putting).

Hole 10, par 5 close to 600 yards. Hit a Drive that went a little left into short rough, followed by a 3 wood that left me 150-160 yards out. Pulled out the 7 iron and hit it beautiful, nice and high, and it landed on the fringe. That shot allowed me to 2 put for par on a hole that I usually double bogey.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

#17 par 3 playing 191 yards to the middle, flag is at back location. Hit a perfectly struck 5 iron, landed it for a 20 foot birdie putt. Ended up with par of course.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

My best shot came on my worst hole, believe it or not. Going from side to side, rough to rough, I was on the par 4 green in 9. However, from about 15 feet out (guesstimation) I managed to sink my only putt!

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Whittle Springs #16, steep downhill flop to within 6" of the cup. Skill is nice, but sometimes a little luck will do just fine.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Hit a 7i to 2 inches on the 180 yard par 3. Closest I have ever come to a hole in one. I had a 2 club wind (20 mph) coming from right to left and helping. Our greens are hard and baked, so I'm having to take less club and bounce it up. It certainly worked on this shot. I had to dig my phone out of my bag for a pic. LOL

Par 4, 295 yards. Dogleg right over water. To carry is about 240 yards. Whipped out the driver and I was glad I did. Hit it alright, but I knew it was going to be close. As I walked up the fairway and got up to the green, I saw a ball what looked to be about a foot away from the hole, on the top tier of the green. I didn't want to get my hopes up because it could have been one of those illusions, and it was really like 20 feet away (damn you golf!).

But, I got up there and it was still about 2 feet away. Easy tap in for eagle

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft