IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

320 yard par 4. 18th hole. water on the right, bunker in the fairway and by the green. Having a decent round.. decided i will hit three wood since i am with the wind. Tee it up and let it fly. thats all i thought about. just watching it from the tee box, it looked nice. rolled up to about 2 feet and i tapped it in for an eagle. shot a 37 that day..

Driver:Titleist 910 D3

3 Wood Cleveland XLS Hibore
4 Hybird: Cleveland Launcher 4 Iron
Irons: Titleist AP2 irons 4-PW
Wedges: Titlesit 52 degree spin milled Titleist 56 degree spin milled Titleist 60 degree Spin Milled   
Putter: Studio Select 2 Midslant Scotty Cameron

Today, par 4 316 yards with a dogleg left and a huge 50-foot oak tree guarding any approach shots from the left hand side. Hit a solid 5 iron off the tee that left me with a straight shot in from 128, however, the oak tree was wide enough that I had to make sure to either go over it or punch a long iron in there. Went with a PW and hit the exact shot I envisioned and planned. Got way up above the oak tree, landed just on the front fringe and hopped 3 feet and left me a 4 foot birdie putt, which I made.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

1st hole today: Chipped in from about 15 feet away from the pin from just off the fringe. The rest of the day I chipped the lights out, compensating for crappy iron play. I think half my chips from 30 feet were within 6 feet of the pin, leaving me with lots of up-and-downs. I had two more that almost went in.

[edit]
I forgot: When I stood over the ball, I looked at the hole and the slight left-to-right break and thought, "You know, I bet I could put this in. Phil Mickelson said he'd put it in last week and did, and so will I." And I did. The result was probably a combination of a lot of practice and positive thinking.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Finishing a practice round at the Steel Canyon executive course, skipping back and forth through the routing to avoid clumps of foursomes, I stood at the 18th tee, a 153-yard par 3 with three deep pot bunkers fronting the green, markers moved a few yards up, pin tucked in the front left corner. The shot was probably an 8-iron, but a I worried about leaving the shot short into a bunker, so I decided to attempt a 3/4 draw with my 7-iron. I hit it an absolutely flush shot that started arcing toward the flag, landed on the front of the green, struck the pin off a big bounce, and settled ten feet from the hole.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I was playing the number 10 par 5 on the Mt. Washington course, and they were growing the rough out for the New England Open and needless to say I was getting very familiar with it. I hit a pull fade that landed about a foot into the left rough which was about 5-6 inches deep. I was 179 yards to middle of the green. Giving the lie, I decided to go with my hybrid which is a 210 club. I took a full swing and with a slight fade I hit the front hump and bounced it onto the green. Unfortunately I had 40 foot eagle putt, which I just missed because it petered out on speed just before the hole. I promptly putted the 2 footer in for birdie.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
65 yards to an island green. Pin is in the middle but there's roughly 20 feet long and short and the ball's off the island. Left and right is a bit more room.

Hit the shot to 10 feet left and six feet long of the hole. Spun back to about eight feet from the hole.

Not so great? Well, the ball was in a bunker. Yeah. :)

P.S. Not during a round, just a "short game match" against Dave.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I bought some 695 mb irons during my injury time out. Today I finally got a chance to hit some balls and play nine. (It's been 17 days since the foot injury).

I started out with a small bucket of balls. I threw down a few and grabbed a 3 iron to warm up. I like to hit five 3 irons to start, because I don't expect them to be any good, so if I shank and thin a couple - no ego loss...
Anyway, I hooked the first one a bit, then with the second ball I landed it VERY close to my target - the "200" sign. I was hitting into the wind. My third ball hit the "200" sign dead on.

I think I am going to like these irons a lot.

I shot even with a bogey and a birdie on the 9.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Made a nasty 15 foot downhill putt with a big left to right swing that rolled perfectly along the line I had picked out in my mind and died into the hole. So sweet.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Two on the same hole in my last two rounds. Pin tucked on the right hand side with a big slope up the right hand side. 65 metres from the green. Aimed for the right of the pin to use the slope. Ball felt great off the club and I knew it would be good. It got a nice bounce off the hill and it rolled in. Sweet eagle, that one.
Yesterday, on the same hole, I hit a poor drive into the trees and had to lay up with my second, which I pushed a little. Ball ends up against a tree so I chip out sideways/backwards. Slightly easier pin position, but 110 metres out. Hit a wedge that came down vertically and destroyed the hole, which was totaly caved in. Funny way to make par! I've holed out from over 50 metres 4 times in the last three weeks, which is really weird. These things tend to come in bunches. Probably won't happen again for a year!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Had a great round on Saturday going, +5 at the turn. I am next to the green on 10, a par 4, when I thin my pitch enough to roll it off the other side of the green. Not very happy, but I erase those thoughts, and do my lap around the green with wedge still in hand. Set up for the same pitch, a little higher than the pin, and hit it perfectly, lands where I'm aiming, and starts rolling on the line, goes square into the face of the cup for the par save! It was match play, and my opponent was speechless, he then holed a 35 foot putt for his par! We both had a good laugh, wishing there was some amateur muni highlight show we could be on.

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

Played in a couples tournament this past weekend. Selective drive on Sunday. Used my partners drive as I am hitting my 4h as far as she is hitting driver so I can get closer to the hole with approach on par 5's. She leaves me at about 230 out but a tight angle into the green. Hit a 5 iron with a nice 5-7 yard draw that landed dead center in front of the green gave her a 15 yard little pitch.

Mine was a terrible shot with a great result. I was on slope around the green and attempted to hit down on my shot with a wedge. It flew out like a laser, and was going to end up on the other side of the green 10 yds past. Instead it hit the flag and the flag stick at the top, and dropped straight down to 12 inches. Woo hoo.

I was on the par 3 166 yd 13th hole with a slight breeze at my back. I pull my seven iron out and thought I would do a nice easy swing to the pringle shaped green. I take my swing and it has a slight fade right at the flag, and I thought it was one of those illusions of the ball looking closer than it did, but it looked like it was about 8 feet away from the flag. When I got to it, it was 2.5 feet away from the flag. Closest to getting a hole in one ever for me. Don't ask about the ensuing putts, yes putts. My putting has been sub par lately and not in a good way.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Now this is one good thread to get myself started in the forums. Contemplating the greatness of my game is definitely more enjoyable than the general state of my form these days.

On Sunday I came up short on my approach shot on a par 4, leaving me about 3 feet from the hole and about ten from the green. I thought to myself "What would Mickelson do?", and asked to have the flag removed. As the ball landed on the green I knew I had hit the correct line and could hear a roar from my imaginary spectators around the green as the ball went in for birdie:)

C

Had a couple great ones recently.

First: 135 yd par 3. Pin in front so maybe 130. Slightly raised green Sand Wedge. Hit it right at the flag. The ball hit the green beyond the hole and spun back, hit the opposite lip of the hole going pretty fast, bounced over and came to rest maybe 12 ft below the hole. LOTS of spin.

Second: Just a couple days ago. 225 yd par 3. 5 Iron. Pin was tucked WAY back in the left corner. Couldnt really see the hole due to some bushes. Hit a high draw and to about 2ft. No ball mark which was wierd. Very dry day, pretty stiff greens.

Hit the pin on a punch 7 iron from about 150 recently also. Trees kept me from a full shot.

'09 Nike Dymo 3-Wood
Tommy Armour 855s 2-Iron (from an old set. i can hit it 260-270 and it's accurate so I kept it)
Mizzuno MP-33 irons(absolutely love these and they look great)
Cleveland Wedges obviously
Odessey putter(need a new one very soon)No driver. Dont need one.

rocket 2 wood to 8 feet, made the eagle putt.

Driver: Ping G5 Graffaloy Pro-Launch Blue 10.5*
2-Wood: Taylormade R9 TP 13*
3-iron: Titleist 609 CB
4-PW: Srixon i-701
Wedges: Hogan apex blade 50*Vokey Spin Milled 56*Cleveland 588 60*Ball: Whatever I find.

• Administrator
Bah, I have to follow a nearly identical one: 3-wood to eight feet from 258. Greens were punched and sandy so I only two putted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets