IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Chipped in with a bladed wedge, my 56/11 from about 9 feet of fringe and 6 feet of green with perfect speed to save par yesterday on the 17 hole at Popular Creek Golf Course in San Mateo, CA.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...ound-the-green

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

175 out on a dog-legged par 4, hit a 4 hybrid over the corner/trees and landed on the front of the green! This was 1 of 5 G.I.R. today, but this shot felt as pure as any I have ever hit!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Hole 16,medium length par 4. Hit a horrible drive that left me a little over 200 out. Took out the three iron and just crushed it to the fringe. Two putted for par. So happy I switched out the hybrids for irons.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

Hole 17 par 3 145yards: I hit my tee shot over water into the rough, about 20 yards from the hole. I then took out my SW and chipped the ball onto the green and into the hole, for birdie.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

par 5 today......339 yard tee shot down the right side of the fairway.

Driver: Adams 9064ld 6.5* w/ Oban Devotion 7 .... 281 cpm at 44"
Fairway Wood: Tour Edge xcg 4 3 wood w/ rapport blue velvet shaft

hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics cg4 17* 2 hybrid
Irons: Miura series 1957 "baby blades" w/ KBS tour shafts
Wedges: Miura: 52* wedge, 56* K grind, 59* Y grind
Putter: taylormade white smoke 35"

Stood about3 feet off the edge of the green with the flag on the complete opposite side of the green from me. The green was badly damaged and was strongly downhill with a left-right break and possibly a right-left break right at and beyond the hole, and the hole itself was about 30 feet away. I managed to chip-in (unfortunately, just to save par). Read the green perfectly and executed the chip I wanted. A little luck helped too, though.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

535yd dog-leg par 5, 2nd shot 215yds out. I hit my 3 hybrid, which felt like it was bad, and I lost the ball as soon as I hit it. Played a provisional, that landed in the bunker right of the green. As i approached the bunker, I saw my original ball about 6 feet from the hole. First ever eagle putt opportunity, I grazed the edge of the cup and tapped in for birdie.

Started playing three months ago and made a birdie on a par-3 hole. Drove to the green and sank a 20+ feet put. Awesome feeling!

Congrats! That feeling just keeps gettin' better!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I birdied all of the par 5s yesterday.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Hello

1. I'm a newbie and this is my first post.
2. Just started playing Golf in lately and I don't get to play often cos of the tight job schedule, but lately I've been giving it a consistent 1-2 times a week. Will be on 35 days vacation starting from tomorrow and will likely play 25 days minimum of Golf.
3. My best shot on was on Sunday. Teed off on hole 1, My first shot was pretty bad, veered to the right and laid on hole 2 fairway. I had a long stretch of trees covering my view to the green and my first though was "...you know you're a new so play safe. why not tap back into the fairway.....". Then I thought going over the tree seem a nice idea.
4. I took my 7 and was about 125yards to the green. All I knew was I placed the 7I took a half swing back but finished up with a high front swing. Saw my ball went sky-high over the trees and landed on the apron close to the flag for 2.
5. The good part was I took a shot chip and the ball landed about 0.32yards.... putted the fourth for par.

well I've not made made birdie before

Played a perfect little bunker shot today out of some tricky, wet sand. Got through it well, it carried right to the spot I picked for a landing area and then broke about a foot and a half to end six inches from the cup. Sweetness.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

pulled a 5 iron from 200 yards out into the rough, chipping in for a birdie straight after really made my day :)

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

On Saturday I played with my friend at our local course, and I really had nothing that quite stood out (shot 123, after a one-month layoff from surgery, but still... yikes), but he might have made the shot of his life. His tee shot went way left and bounced off a tree, going maybe 80-100 yards. He was in the woods but in bounds and pulled out his hybrid. I couldn't believe it, but he was going to try and hit through about a 10-inch gap between a few trees in front of him into the fairway on the long par 5 6th. He had almost a full backswing but not very much room to follow through, but, and I saw it with my own eyes, he split the gap, landed 190 yards or so down the fairway and ended up in the first cut. I believe he was on in 4 and made bogey, but that shot is probably something he'll hold over me for a long time.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

190 yards out on the par 5 10th, blind approach to the green. Hit a nice 4 iron. I felt like it probably landed in front of the green, so when I drove to find it I was confused because I didn't see it. Then I looked at the green and it was sitting right in the middle about 16 feet from the cup. Two putted for par on the hole that vexes me the most.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

3rd hole, dog leg left par 4. Not a very long hole, maybe 350. Placed my drive perfectly in the middle to 100yds out. Pin is blocked by a tall bunker so you can only see the top half of the stick. Hit a high SW right at the hole and hoped it was right. Walked up to see my ball sitting just 1 ft to the right of the pin. tap in birdie!

OK, this is shot s . The 4th hole at my club is a shortish Par 4, 365 or so yards from the white tees, but has catch bunkers in a staggered line pretty much all the way across the fairway in the landing area. You usually need to carry 230 or so to fly the front rank and can still run off into the second row if you're unlucky. I generally lay up with a hybrid and take a longer iron to the smallish green, which also has bunkers short right and left. It's not a scoring hole for me.

Anyway, today I was playing a twilight practice nine with two balls and the tee markers were right up at at the front of the box so I thought I'd give it a go. Striped the first one over the whole bunker complex and caught the downslope on the other side. Yay! Hit the second one even better. Yay again! Approach shots were gap wedges instead of the usual five or four irons, first one to about 12 feet and the second absolutely stiff. Tapped that in then drained the longer putt for a pair of 3s. Went through my scorecards after getting home and putting the kids to bed and confirmed that I'd never birdied that hole before.

Doesn't count for anything, but sure felt good.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best shot of my life took place last weekend when i got an ace at my local course i play at. It was 125 yds and i used a wedge. it was great bc it spun back and every could watch and see it. It was cool bc one of my friends called it when it started to spin back. it was def a feeling i never had before.