IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My best shot of the week was in a scramble. Par 3 210 yards slightly down hill. Kind of mis hit a 3 iron but it landed about 4 feet from the pin. We birdied the hole and went on to finish at 8 under....Which put us in 4th place. Did I mention that it was raining all day..

Best shot of the week was my second on a par five. I had about 195 to the hole and I hit a high fade with my 5 wood to about 12 feet from the pin. Then I went on to make the putt for eagle.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

My best shot of the week came today on a long par 3. So long that I usually hit a nice, easy 5 wood rather than a long iron. I hit a beautiful shot with my 5 wood, landed it in front of the green, and rolled it to within a foot of the cup. Left myself an easy kick in for my second birdie of the 9 hole round.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

Perfectly placed 5-iron off the tee to 40 yards on a 259 yard par-4 with a very protected green. Chipped a 40-yard sand wedge 30 feet to the right of the pin, feed it down to the hole to two inches for a bird. My twenty-something playing partner decided to go for it, landed in the trees long and left, hit a branch and bounced out followed by a flubbed chip and a two-putt for par. I love when a 5-iron off the tee trumps driver.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Best shot this week has to be my drive today on #16 ... par 5. Had a 20+ mph breeze helping and launched one 283 - far and away a personal best for this ole' hacker!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Yesterday, on a long and straight par 5, I hit a 255 yard drive. That's my longest so far in about 1.5 months of playing. :D I averaged around 220-230 the rest of the day with the driver.

Best shot of the week came yesterday (the only day I played this week). Hit my t-ball into the lateral water hazard on a short 320 yard par 4. Took my drop and hit a 9 iron about 3 feet fom the hole....made the putt for a par.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

160 yard par 3, hooked my tee shot into the woods. Had an okay lie, and about a 10' wide and 10' high shot to the right side of the green. Hit a 4-iron punch that I thought had gone too high, but somehow made it through the trees and just past the green. Did not make the bogey putt after chipping on, but a beautiful shot IMO for a 35 handicapper to give myself a chance.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

This shot came yesterday. My tee shot ended up on a severe side-hill lie and the ball was easily 1 foot below my feet. I was 140 out and the pin was back right, so I took a 9-iron (one extra club for me) and aimed at the left side of the green. The ball faded all the way back and landed back there and stopped 3 feet from the hole. Made the birdie too

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

It was a 510yd par 5, dogleg left. After a long tee shot that fell into the rough on the left, I was left with a 200yd second shot with an almost 90 degree turn into the green. I couldn't see the green from where I was. I was with my friend and he told me to chip it out into the fairway so I could have a look at the green. I instead told him that I was going to hook it around the dogleg. I grabbed my 4-Iron and hit a perfect hook that turned right around the corner and rolled 10 feet from the hole. (I missed the eagle putt BTW.)

-OR-

400yd Par 4, hit a pretty solid drive down the middle and was left with a 9-Iron into the green. I missed it to the left and was left with a 20yd chip with a hard left-to-right break on a downhill slope. I took out my 52* and hit a bump and run that rolled slowly down the hill and gently dropped in the hole for birdie.
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

15ft birdie putt last saturday, first birdie I've had in a while.

Bag: Stand bag
Driver: 9.5* Mach speed Str8
3 wood: 16* Tight lies
Irons: TA5 gunmetal 3-pw
Wedges: Tour Action 900 56* and 60*Putter: Two ballBalls: Pro V1 lostgolfballs.comGlove: Shoes:

Actually had 3 on one hole! Hole #9 305 yard par 4, I hit a perfect 5 iron to middle of fairway leaving me 110 to back pin location. Had to navigate over a bunker so I used my 50* slightly open face, easy 3/4 swing and put it to 6 feet from the hole. Determined, I sunk the birdie putt to make the turn on a good note.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

the 18th par 3 180 yards ball went right of the green and sat on top of the bunker (not in it lol) so i must have been about 15 yards from the pin took my 60 degree wedge (aimed to flop it onto the green and let it dribble to the flag) no i end up with a slight thin ball flys towards the flag ... hit the flag then straight into the hole lol

MX 700 10.5 REG flex
3 and 5 wood
rescue 22 degree
tour burner 4-SW and 52 and 60 degree wedges
Rossa Monza Spider Balero Putter

Today I had a 20 yard pitch that rolled in after breaking about 3 feet for birdie. The cool part was it did exactly what I had envisioned. I have been using the technique that is shown in the quickie pitching video thread on here as I've found it works really well. I was shown this when I went to the S&T; school in Erie earlier this year.

Later in the same round I just missed another birdie from a bunker shot that came up two inches short of the hole. Would have a been a first for me to hole out twice in one round like that.

A blind shot 145 yards to the flag over a dogleg to the right. I focused on a tall tree in the background and used my 8 iron. I hit it 5 feet from the pin. I missed the putt to shoot par but it was a great shot anyway.
In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

Mine was Sunday on a 190 yar par 3. It was raining hard so a lot of people were waiting in the halfway house. The group in front of me asked if I wanted to go past them as I was alone.

Got on the teebox, pulled out my 3 hybrid and composed myself as I knew that about 12 people were watching... took a practice swing that left a nice divot and gained some confidence. I went on to hit one of the straightest hybrid hit I'd ever had. Ball landed on the wet green and barely rolled, it laid a few feet from the hole. From the teebox the flag stick was straight through the ball and everyone was like "Oooohhh" ;D

Pretty good for a high handicapper like myself.