IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Coach Rick loves his little draw from the tee box. have you ever had those days where no matter what you did you always get the opposite result? Last week I played with some students and faded everything. The flight was wrong, the contact was wrong and the landing was wrong. But then we came to the last par 5 and everything magically clicked. The contact was great, the trajectory was money and the landing hit and ran. I didn't measure but must have been close to 3 bills. THAT'S the one shot that brings you back, the ONE shot you get in an entire round. Ya gotta luv it ... Coach Rick

Eagle on 543 yard par 5. The hole is a dogleg right, slightly downhill, with a creek about 65 yards short of the green. I hit my driver off the tee and carried the bunker that is at the bend of the fairway. Second shot from middle of the fairway, 215 yards, 3 iron, stuck it 3 feet from the hole. Putted it in and marked a 3! Second eagle of my life!

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

First swing of a club in about 2 or 3 months and I hit it 4 feet from the hole. I was at a Par-3 course that I've never played before after work yesterday, and with no warm up whatsoever, I proceeded to birdie the first hole, which was only a 98 yard par-3. Overall, I played okay. Hopefully next year I can get out there semi-regularly and maybe hit up a real course for once.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

110 yards out, nice easy SW that hits the pin on the fly and bounces about four feet away. Cleaned that up for birdie.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Well, it isn't very often that I can take advantage of a short par 5 but fortunately all three shots came together for an eagle the other day.

A wonderful hole that swept right to left around the Humber river for its entire length.
Of course, a well positioned tee shot and a putt that falls in are necessary ingredients but the real meat came on the 2nd shot.
From outside of 200, a blistering 4 iron started at the right side of the green (well away from the water).
I struck it perfectly (as I always do!) .......... just kidding .
Anyhow, it was solid with a gentle draw; as planned.

The eagle was just the icing on the cake. It was that 4 iron that was so satisfying.

Having a good buddy along to share in the fun was great, too.

First time I've played match play in earnest, and it was with my brother. 18th hole, par 5, all square, after coming back from 2 down on the 15th. Need to clear a little reedy pond off the tee, only about 75 yard carry so no problem right ......

Top the blasted ball into the reeds. Ridiculous. Then proceed to hit big drive, slightly pushed, but long for me. My brother hits a fountain ball that just barely carries the pond so I'm still in contention, maybe. Later he fails to get out of a greenside bunker and we both end up bogeying for AS at the finish.

That second drive saved the match for me. I was annoyed at myself of course but stayed focused.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Par 4 sharp dogleg right. Texas fall weather wind from the right... nutted a hard cut 5-iron to the right center, left 120 yards uphill to a two-tier green into some serious wind (3-club?). Punched a pure, low and driving 9-iron pin-high to 3-feet on the back tier....nearly hit the stick. Greens were overseeded, so I 2-putted :( Next hole, par-3, 130y same story with an 8-iron. Got a golf clap from some lineman working on a telephone pole. My one true fan :)

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

13 hole at Colonial Golf Course in Sandoval Il yesterday. 323 yard par 4. With about a 15 mph wind helping me, i hit a low bullet with my driver that at first i didnt think i hit that well until i saw the ball land and bounce and roll and keep rolling. Stopped about 40 yards short of the green to equal one of the longest drives ive ever hit at right at about 280 yards. I proceed to top my 2nd shot and get lucky and the ball rolls onto the green about 15 ft from the hole. I 2 putt for par. 2 holes later im on the par 5 15 hole with right at 100 yards for my 3rd shot. I top that one as well with my pw and it rolls onto the green about 10 feet behind the hole. Couldnt make that one either but got par. Guess I should post this under crappy shots that got a lucky bounce and roll. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. And earlier on that 15 hole, i barely cleared a a small creek that runs right across the fairway on my tee shot. So actually 2 lucky shots on 1 hole.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Had to take a penalty drop from my drive being in someones yard and was 283 from the hole at a par five. I take my 3 wood which is 13 degrees and shockingly hit it into the people on the green. The shot gps'd out to 308.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Monday on the 14th hole at The Pines (par 4). I hit my tee shot in the fairway about 120 yards out from the green. I hit my approach shot about 5 yards to the right of the elevated green. I chip to about 10 feet and sink the downhill putt for par.

played at a nearby course, hole 17 (par 4), pushed my drive way to the right past the trees, good thing it landed in an open area. hit my 2nd shot with a pw high over tall trees protecting the green, landed the shot about 5 feet down slope from the hole, then made my birdie putt!

Played Green Meadows in Hudson, NH. My best shots came on the par-5 18th on the Jungle course, my 36th hole of the day. I lack the ability to hit a driver, so 4-iron is my primary club. 3 straight perfect (slight fade for me) 4 irons put me within 20 yards of the green. I was very happy, great way to end my season!

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

First hole today. I flubbed my driver, caught a branch with my 5i, hit a decent recovery 6i, then hit my chip thin across the green. Frustrated with a terrible start, I then chipped in from 40 feet away for a bogey.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

145 yard par 3. Hit a 9 iron 10ft left of the pin. But that wasn't the good shot. I told my caddie I wanted to play the hole with a 7iron but she said it would be too much so I played it over for her. 145yd, 7iron short grip half swing stuck it 10ft past the pin. I got to the green before the caddie (and my putter) did so as I was waiting I chipped that ball with the 7 iron on the green to within 1ft :D Could've putted in for par with a 7iron too but I thought that was enough to prove my point :D.

Very satisfying to have things worked out as planned (yeah it's kind of a big deal for a 40 handicapper like myself hehe).

A big loopy sliced tee shot put me right of a long line of fairway trees on par 5. Instead of punching out I hit a 4 hybrid with a draw and it went about 200 yards, just past the end of the row of trees, and worked it's way back on to the fairway (rough, actually) enabling me to wedge on for a GIR and par. I'd love to hit that draw hybrid more regularly.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator
I nearly holed out for aces on two par threes (170, 180 yards) on the front nine today. Combined total of about five feet for the birdies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hit the pin from 145 yards out with my 8-iron today. It was my first real round of golf in something like 14 months. I actually played pretty well and my only swing key of pronating my left wrist through the impact zone was really helping me get solid contact. I only got through 14 holes before the sun got too low. Still, very promising for me. Stack and tilt rules. I'm going to try to get out again one more time this year if I can.

Constantine