IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Not the prettiest, but my best was my second shot of the round. Tee shot hooked to 1 foot from a chain-link boundary fence. Left-hand punch-chipped a 7I that skittered about 30 yards out under the trees to the middle of the fairway, leading to at least a putt for par on the first hole. (Let's not talk about how it wound up a double-bogey, ok?)

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Last week I pitched to kick-in range on 16 AND 17 to end with 4 pars in a row.  Not bad for a 15 HDCP.  :-)

Happy to be here at the Sand Trap

In my titleist.gif Midsize Staff Bag...ALL titleist.gifcameron.gif See below
 sunmountain.gifMicro Cart gets me there & my bushnell.gif Tour V2 & GolfLogix tells me where I am.  

Ok, I had a 417yd drive this past Sunday. Water on the left, OB on the right along the cart path. Hit my drive and it faded right and bounced straight down the cart path and stayed in bounds.  It was too funny.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

I was playing in a TJGT tournament last weekend, and I had a couple of college coaches watching me.  I was two under with one hole left, and the last hole is a long par 4 with a huge dogleg left.  And I am left handed and can't hit a fade, and I ended up blasting it into the trees right.  Now I have 207 yards to the pin with water right of the green and a cliff left of it.  I took 6 iron out and hit a 40 yard hook around some trees and over another, and hit it to five feet.  Then made the putt.

My weapons

Luncher XLS 9.5 Tour NV 75x
Taylormade 07 Burner TP 14.5* with whiteboard 83g stiff
Titleist Zb 2-pw with S400

Mizuno MP R series 52 56 60

Scotty Cameron Studio Select

Haven't been able to play on the course for a while but had an awesome shot on the range the other day. I was playing a little challenge with one of the best juniors at my clubs and we were firing shots a the yellow flag. It's a 115 yard shot so I took out my PW (it was 40 degrees outside with range balls). Hit the shot perfectly and it was dead on line with the pin. Came down at the perfect distance and disappeared. We heard the sound of the ball hit the flag stick. One guy who was picking up balls about 25 yards away from the stick ran up to the green to check what happened. When he came back to the hitting station, he told us about the pitch mark. Kinda hard to describe, anyone seen Couples' holed third shot on 17 at Sawgrass? That's how he described it to me.

Best shot of my life yesterday. Was playing tour 18 in Dallas and got the the 9th hole, which is a recreation of the Island green at TPC Sawgrass #17. The greens were crazy fast because they were very hard and the pin placement was on the front of the green about 6-8ft from the edge, with the green sloping towards the water and the hole. From 145, hit a nice high 7i with a slight fade. It landed right above the hole, looked like 6-7ft behind it, right at the top of the down slope, and just stopped. After a few seconds the ball started moving down the slope and slowly rolled right into the cup for my first hole in one!

• 2 weeks later...

Par 3 165 yards.  A Smooth 7 iron 2 feet from the hole for birdie.

In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

My last outing was very encouraging. I drove decently and hit my hybrid well. It's hard to pick my best shot. One contender was a lob over some trees. I managed to skull a pitch over the green and behind the tree line. At address, I figured I could either punch it low and hope I got the perfect bounce for a desperate bump-n-run, or I could try to lob it over the trees. The ball was a little fluffed up on the grass so I went with the latter option. It was a perfect shot, I cleared the 30ft trees (which were only about 20 feet away from me) and stuck the ball to 15 feet of the pin with my gap wedge. I was very pleased with that shot. The other contender was my longest recorded drive. I drove the ball about 242 yards according to my golf cart's GPS. I didn't even put my body into it, I just took a stance and easily swung through, emphasizing lag and arm/hand speed. Perfect contact sent the ball straight down the fairway. Unfortunately, though, it was a short par-4 with a forced layup at about 240, so my ball rolled into the water hazard protecting the green. I found it sitting right over the edge of the hazard, so I doubt it would've gone much farther had the hazard not been there. I've never been able to drive that far so I never considered backing off my drive any to avoid putting it in the water.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Early this week, I holed out from 130 yards on the 18th hole for an eagle 2. Didn't even see it go in though as the sun was setting and the glare was pretty tough. Oh well............

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

only got to play once this week, and i think my best shot was a 5-iron from 160 yards into the wind.  i went slightly too far, but i struck it totally pure, and the shot took off exactly where i was looking and covered the flag the whole way, with my divot about 5 feet directly behind the pin.

once again, only got to play once this week, and best shot was a 7-iron to a par 3 hillside green 150 yards away.  the green is canted quite a bit, with the right side being considerably higher than the left.  my ball landed about 10 feet to the right of the pin, and it looked like it had basically stopped in its divot, but then it slowly started creeping down the hill, and came SO close to rolling into the cup.  for a few seconds i honestly thought i'd finally made an ace, but alas, it slid inches past the hole.

Not the best shot of the week, but my best result. Played yesterday(only time this week) and hit a 7 iron on a 150 yard uphill hole. Hit a badly thin shot 10 yards short of the green, but ended up 4 feet from the hole. My parters got a good laugh out of it, but I was the only one walking off the green with a two.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Haven't been able to go out and play because of a bad knee, so I've been spending all my time chipping and putting. The practice green at my home course is 150 ft across, and I was putting between the two farthest pins on the green (about 100ft putt) to practice my lag putts. Made 2 in a row at the same flag from 100ft. also, chipped in from across the green to finish my practice session haha.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Had a couple of pretty bad rounds in the Seattle area, but did have a number of fantastic shots that made for a few moments of elation.  The best, though, was on the 4th hole at Chambers Bay.  Had made par on the 2nd and a 3-putt bogey on the 3rd, so I was feeling pretty good after a pair of GIR.  The 4th is an uphill par 5 that bends around a fall-off to some nasty sand waste area below.  My tee shot was in the fairway, and I hit a so-so but fading hybrid that left me on a little peninsula about 125 yards out, but well below the green, with the waste in between.  The shot was an 8I that carried perfectly and must have landed right on line in the area with the pin.  The trajectory and direction were exactly as I'd intended, and it made me feel (for a moment) like a pro for hitting what really felt like an impossible shot to the elevated target.

Sadly, Chambers Bay is not a course where you can safely fire right at the flags---it's a links course with hard greens and fast fairways/rough, so my shot rolled off the green and into a bunker.  Still, technically it was one of my best shots of the day, and I think the feeling of watching that shot ascend and drop to the green is one of the best I've had in golf.

In the bag:

I had my best shot of the year so far today, and it's likely to be the best shot of the year for a while. It was the second hole at my home course, I had 138yds to the pin, just nutted a 9-iron that started right and began to draw right towards the flag. I said to my friend "that looks good" and before I could finish "thwack" the ball slams the very bottom of the flagstick, I mean right above the hole, the ball came to rest 3 feet away and I made the birdie. I can't beleive it almost went in! It was a real confidence boost for the next hole (which I decided to use the very same 9-Iron to airmail the green and make a double bogey) but it was an interesting twist to another wise drab, bad round (shot a 43).

I think 2 is my new favorite hole. It's been kind to me lately and I think it has to do with me,last week, donating my putter to it's water hazard! (I four putted and decided I didn't like it so much)

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Best shot was a 3W off the tee on the 6th hole of my home course.  I have a love-hate relationship with my 3W, mostly love on the range and hate on the course.  My driver had been kind of questionable on the previous holes and this one is a gently downhill 300-yard par 4 with a narrow launch area and ugly trouble from the range fence if you slice a driver out to the right.  I toasted the 3W and actually got some backspin on it, turning what's usually at best a low line-drive club for me into easily the prettiest drive of the day.  With a bit of roll, it came to 224 yards dead down the middle of the fairway, leaving an easy 56° wedge onto the green.  That sort of distance is more typical for a good driver shot for me, so I was pretty thrilled.

In the bag:

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

This thread depresses me.

My best shot on the simulator was a 310 yard drive. Woo.

I feel your pain.  My best shots were two ten foot putts across the carpet that hit the nail in the shoe molding I was aiming at.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades