IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

today on a short par 3 about 145 to the pin, 20 mph gusts left to right on a right pin location guarded by a bunkers infront and behind. played to the middle of the green and let the wind carry my 9 iron about 5 ft left of the hole. dropped the birdie putt and finished one over on 9.

Come in up on hole number 8 at Willow creek, par 5 90 degree dogleg right, It take 270 yards to get to the view of the green, Just to the right of the fairway on your tee shot there are pine trees, I hit a fadeover the trees then hit 3 wood to 11 feet and make the eagle.

450 yard par 4.  Pulled my drive and it hit the cart path on the fly and bounced in front of the adjacent holes tee box.  After the group on the tee hit, i went to my ball.  Had a slight gap between 2 sets of trees to get to the green 190 yards away.  Hit a 3 hybrid through the trees, fading it a few yards.  Landed on the green with a 15 foot birdy put.  No I did not make the putt, but the shot looked amazing from where I was standing.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

160 yards from the pin on the right side of the fairway with a tree in front of me. Approach and green slopes left to right so I take a 4 iron and hit a low cut shot that lands about 20  yards before the hole and tracks right into the hole for a deuce!

« Keith »

Well this one goes down as shot of a lifetime.   Yesterday at Salem Country Club in Salem, IL.   8th hole, par 3, tees moved way up playing only about 110 yards from whites,  slight breese in my face.  I decide to take 8 iron off the tee to take the water short of the green out of play, figure long over the green is better than coming up short and dunking it in the hazard.   the pin in in the front, didnt think i would ever get close.   I hit my tee shot, i think at first oh no, i miss hit it and came up short.   It lands on the front part of the green below the hole, releases back to the pin.  I know its close, i get to the green and its literally 3 inches away from going in, i couldnt believe it.   Less than the width of the cup from being a hole in one, ill treasure this shot for a long time.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Played a short Par3 course yesterday, and went 3-out-of-3 on sand saves on the first 3 holes (talk about not able hitting the green *g*). That alone was a great feat for me.

The last hole is about 120m with water all the way from the tee up to the green on the left side, literally splitting the fairway. Winds were between 0-3 clubs and changed direction every 10-30 seconds. When I was at the tee, the wind was directly into my face, I even wanted to go with 6 iron (usually my 140-150m club), it was blowing really hard. Right at that moment, the wind calms, I change to my i8, and stick it 2 feet next to the flagstick, tapping in for birdie...

greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

Played a GAP (golf assn. of Phila) match yesterday, an inter-club competition (among other things).  I really started poorly, embarrassed by the 7-handicap I was toting among players I didn't know.  Part of the quality of this shot isn't so much the shot itself, but the self-defeating thoughts I had to overcome.  Coming off - IIRC - a couple leaky bogeys in a row, moderately long par-3.  Playing about 170 yards, visually intimidiating, with ravine/drop-off/pond covering most of the in-between, huge bunkers guarding the enitre left side of the green, it's all carry, except when the pin is where it was, which was middle right (green is not very deep front-to-back, though).  If you went at the rigth side, you could land it as much as twenty yards short, probably, and you could normally run it up on our quick greens, but it was really wet, and greens were recently punched, so greenside chip-and-runs weren't any fun yesterday.  I've put a 6-iron over the green on a normal day (back bunker) before, and have hit it with 7-iron multiple times.  The wind was coming at us some, swirling a little, hard to guage, but I know 5-iron is just way too much because the green is so shallow.  I went with 6-iron and really had to calm myself down to trust the club, and my swing (which had been schizophrenic).  I made probably the best swing all day, relaxed, struck it perfectly, a little draw that landed pin-high, about 4-5 feet.  Hit a perfect slightly left-to-right breaking putt for birdie.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Playing in a 70km/h gusting left to rigth wind, hit a great drive on a 540 yard par 5, then hit my 4 wood 240 yards to the fringe, started the ball 40 feet left and it came around PERFECTLY. 2 putted from 15 feet for an easy birdie

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Today at Greenview Golf Course in Centralia, IL had a couple of good ones.   12th hole, 200 yard par 3, hit a 3 wood to 15 feet, 2 putted for par.   14th hole, 320 yard par 4, 2nd shot from just inside 100 yards, hit my pw to 8 feet, again 2 putted for par but still glad to get it that close.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

#17, par 3 168 yards to a back-left pin location. Hitting into some wind, hit a 6i to within 4 feet and made the birdie.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Bay Club Mattapoisett ma. 16th hole missed green low and left. Could see top half of the pin  Thru a 60* flop up at the pin from about 20 yards out and rolled in for the bird.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18th Hole.

I finally got there on such a gusty windy day. 35 mph wind day.

Par 5.

I really wanted a par to end the day.

my fourth shot had 150 yards to the pin mid right pin position.

Wind gusting from left to right.

I hit a 6 iron aimed about 12 yards left of the pin.

It was hit pure and my draw fought against the wind til it got to the top of the trajectory. then the wind started to help it move towards the pin.

Hit the green about 7-8 yards left of the pin then it rolled a foot or so toward the hole for a nice chance for a par.

my 6-iron goes 180 yards so I added like 3 clubs.

#3, 405 yard par 4. Hit 3 wood off the tee to middle of fairway leaving me 180 to the hole, front pin. Hitting into a headwind with gusts 15-20mph. Hit my 3 hybrid perfectly but the green is slightly elevated and my ball hit the elevation change, hopped up and died leaving me on the fringe. Took par.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

8th hole:  Had a 150-160 yard shot from a sidehill lie - feet above the ball.  Green is guarded by a trap on the left.  I aimed a little left allowing for the lie and my natural draw.  Hit it crisply and the bll just cleared the trap and rolled left to about 15 inches.

And miracle of miracles, I made the birdie putt!!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Short par 4 around 330 yds. Tee shot went 300 yards close to the outer ridge of green.

It was my longest drive (5th time on a course) and it was straight.

cleveland.gif XL270 Driver /10.5
cleveland.gif TL3W
Tour Edge JGold Max Bazooka Hybrids: 5-P 
cleveland.gifCG16 Black Pearls: 52, 56, 60
odyssey.gif TERON srixon.gif

#9, par 5 530y playing a dead right to left wind. I was +1; made two bogeys in the first 4 holes, came off a nice birdie on 8. Killed a drive to 230 out, hit hybrid to 10 feet and sunk the putt. I was playing with my pastor; he couldn't believe it.

Just today at the nearby muni course.  Hole #4.  Par 4.  Hit a 156 yard approach shot into the wind and to a slightly elevated green.  Used my 6 iron and it ended up here.  A nice little birdie.  Too bad my next two holes sucked.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport