IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

probably when i hit a driver a mile on the 12th at my home course to find i was in the bunker with 50 yards left in,,, i put the bunker shor to 4ft and missed, due to the fact the pin was cut on one of the biggest slopes,( not my putting )

tom

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

Last week, 20ft putt for birdie on the 18th, par 3, 145 yards with a water hazard just in front of the green, hit a extra club to make sure, landed too far, and went down the steep slope, took out the putter, straight putt, but huge uphill slope, as I had been getting the weight of my putts wrong all day, I just had a feeling that this was going to be different, and it was, perfect line and weight, into the center of the cup.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I holed out about a 50 foot putt on the 14th hole, a par 3. The real kicker was that it went wide left of the hole and about three feet past, before rolling back down the hill and into the cup.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Had a very good shot today on a the par 4 fifth hole at my home course. It's about 400 yards with a big gulley from 20-100 yards in front of the green. Hit a three wood to the right against an OB fence. Took an unplayable lie and had about 160 from thick rough and a tree about 10 yards in front of me that I had to cut around. I chose 8 iron and hit it nice and firm right out to left of the green and cut it back to the pin. One bounce, hit the pin and dropped down 1 foot form the hole. Tapped in and took my par.

Fore!

6th hole at Meadowood, in Burlington, Kentucky. Normally plays about 290 yards, a short par 4, but the men's tees were moved up for whatever reason, and it was shortened to about 225. I hit a big 3-wood off the deck and watch the ball sail to the right, further and further away from the course and into this guy's yard.

No problem, I'll just take a mulligan, so I hit it again, and watched it turn into a banana-ball.

Shot three was a push-fade.

When I drove up there to inspect the damage, all 3 balls were in the guy's backyard, all within 10 feet of each other.

I guess that says something for consistency

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

On Sunday playing with my friend for his birthday, there was a 420 par-4 dogleg right. The scorecard gave a distance to the dogleg of 250. Knowing that I hit farther than that, I decided to play it just across the corner and use the natural fade that I seem to have. Pured it to about 70 yards short. Sweet.

Driver: 907D2 9.5˚
3 Wood: 904F 15˚
Hybrid: 585H 19˚
Irons: 695.CB, 3-PW, S300
Wedges: 588 56˚, chrome Vokey 60˚ chromePutter: Ally

This was this past sunday. Our second hole is a 380 yard straight ahead par 4. I usually take driver but I've been working on leaving myself a full club to the green. So I hit 5 wood off the tee and left myself 135 to the center of the green. I hit a Pwedge straight over the flag. I thought it would roll off the back of the green but it stuck and spun back 3 feet right into the cup. That was the first time I've ever holed out from any farther than a chip/pitch shot!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

jb 1982 - NICE SHOT!

Mine would have to be a 40 foot bridie putt on a long par three (210mtrs). It was down a couple of tiers and a little bit Tigerish (Masters Chip). I was going to be happy if it stopped within four feet but it just trickld in!

BigDog

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

jb 1982 - NICE SHOT!

Thanks. I would probably trade that shot for the 40 putt. I can't remember the last time I ran anything in from farther than 20..

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

yesterday, playing with an instructor I have been using, we came up to a short par 4 and when I stepped up to the tee (white) I asked her what the yardage was and she told me it was 280yds to the center. It played a little bit downhill and there was a big bunker right in front. She asked what I was going to play and I grabbed driver...best drive I've had in a while...started left center with a slight fade and trickled to about 15 feet. Missed the eagle putt but made the birdie.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Played in extreme wind Saturday, 3+ clubs. On a 190 yard par 3, somewhat down hill I usually hit a 4 iron. The wind was so strong I had to choke down on a driver, place it back in my stance, on a low tee and make a smooth swing, I got it just off the green short left, good chip and put for par. I have never hit driver on a short par 3 before. I was proud of the adjustment.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

For me, it would have to be making the par 5 4th hole at The Willows in two with a driver, 3-wood and setting myself up for an eagle putt. Of course, it was a 50-footer. But, I'll take two-putt birdies anyday.

Or yesterday at Fox Run , where on the 10th hole, I got my first honest-to-god 300 yard drive, with no extreme weather conditions to speak of, and not a particulary outstanding roll.'

Now, if only I can chip and putt worth a shit...

Last week on 12, a 430 yard par-4 I hit a nice 3-wood drive right in the middle of the fairway, but with the one and only mid-fairway tree between the pin and my ball. I set up for a 3-iron draw, miraculously it worked and 200 yards later it hit in front of the green and rolled up to within 15 feet of the pin (ended with Par). That one shot was enough to keep me going back for another month to try and duplicate it.

Last night on hole 3 (515 yard par 5). Crushed a drive and left myself a little under 200 to the hole. I hit an incredible 5 iron. I set up for a fade into a little right to left wind. The ball held up perfectly and headed straight for the flag. It left me a perfect 6 foot straight uphill eagle put. I, of course, lipped it out. But the 6 iron into the green was still nice!

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel

Played a round here in CT on Sunday at a course called Topstone. 3rd hole is a par 3, playing approx 165 yards...little headwind. Hit a solid 6 iron that started out on the right side of the green, had a slight draw on it and nearly hit the flagstick which was center green- tucked way back.

Left the 6 foot birdie putt about 1 inch short.

Par 5, 240 to the hole, wind blowing 45mph from right to left, aimed at the driving range about 75-80 yards to the right of the green, hit a normal 3 iron and the ball rode the wind, landed short of the green and rolled up to 18 inches for a tap in eagle.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

• Administrator
Got out yesterday to play a few holes before the wind became WAY too much and the rain started coming down.

#9 at my club has a three-tier green (back left, front left, and right plateaus). The pin was middle right. From 150, I played a very soft cut with a 7-iron that started at the top of the ridge and fell just off to the right. It caught the slope halfway up and rolled to about six feet.

A week or two ago I played the same shot with an 8-iron from about 120 yards (albeit a lot softer shot) and put it to about three feet.

The result wasn't particularly great, but it came off perfectly, just as I had envisioned, and that's what makes it "best" for me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades