IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Mine isn't really a good shot, it's actually two shots with the same result. I was on hole #12 yesterday. Probably 220 or 230 out. I hit the first one with my hybrid, hit the next with my 3 wood. Both went right. Both were in the back right sand trap not even a foot apart. I could not believe it!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

My best shot was actually last weekend, as this week we got rained out and I wasn't overly impressed with any of my shots, really.

I stuck it straight with my hybrid 3 (17 degree) right out in the center of the fairway with a great view of the green. While I was pleased, the one that counted was the next shot that I dropped within 6 - 8 feet after the next shot. I was about 135 away and I took out my 9 iron. Having not been playing for several years, I was quite pleased. The next few holes were similar, until I fell apart, but this was clearly the best shot of the day for me.

Go figure, I missed the birdie, but still saved par.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

par 3, 135 yards which is inbetween my pw and 9 iron, decide to hit a low 9i baby cut (takes some distance of it)... flushed it cuts slightly and lands 3yds long and 3yds to the right and backs up to pin high.

just the feeling of being able to control distance and ball flight and cut it.

#5 Par 4, 446 yard slight dogleg left. 220 out. Nail a hybrid and stick it to 7 feet. Missed the birdie putt though...

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I freaking holed out from 120 yards out today!!! My longest to date. It was on #5 at Seven Hills CC but it was only for birdie since I had to punch out for my second shot. It was awesome though! I knew it was good it was gently fading back towards the flag and then it hits like 3 feet in front, takes a big hop, and rolls right in! I threw my hands up and went nuts! It really turned my round around too and par'd out for a 39!

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

this isn't a best shot story, BUT.....this is easily my most memorable 2 shots from this weekend.

This course isn't my home track and it's a relatively new course, so I've only played it maybe 10+ times.  The hole is a 590yd par5 that always kills me.......if there ever was a NASTY par 5...this is it!!

1... it's long

2... the fairway narrows between 2 hazards discouraging big drives/encouraging long layups to tiny spaces.

3... the layup is BRUTAL....you have 2 choices:

.....a. Hit a long layup shot to the left to a thin sliver of diagonally placed fairway surrounded by a ravine/hazard on either side and be left with 130-160yd 2nd shot over the ravine to a tucked green.

.....b. attack and carry the ravine to a tiny sliver of fairway to the right.... the fairway is diagonal, so you be straight!!  Depending on your line, it's a 200+300yd carry to reach safety!!

.and I damn near reached the green in 2!!...lol   The tee is elevated, but the hole plays flat.  To be honest....I have no clue how far I hit it but I knew it was the longest drive I ever hit on this hole.  After the big drive I went for broke with the 3-wood......and NUTTED IT......I'm a lefty and I pushed my 2nd shot just a bit......my line of flight was too direct and I BARELY carried the ravine, but the ball did just barely carry and it came to rest 5yds short of the green surface....it's the first time I had a real GO at this green....

The pin was tucked on the back edge of the green........I hit a 80ft pitch/run to 7 feet and missed the putt....LOL...but that isn't the point!!

THOSE TWO SHOTS AT THIS GREEN WERE MAJESTIC!!!!

Hahaha....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played 18 Friday... best shot for me was 17, par 3... hit a beautiful shot with my 8i, and landed it 2 feet from the hole. Sank the putt for Birdie, and an overall 44 on the back 9. Front 9 wasn't as good at 53, but I really got into a rhythm on the back and got my first sub-100 round with 97. Course is par 72 (36/9). Needless to say, I'm proud.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

First hole short par 4 holed out from 75 yards for eagle. Should have got back in the car and went home. Kind of hard to top 2 under through 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't have many good shots today. The course I was playing boasted fairways that were firm and Mini Verde greens that were even more firm. Receipt of the ball in both cases was bouncy and almost none of the approach shots that hit the green first stuck. Only those that pitched up high and came almost straight down would stay; or those that had spin. This place is a bit above my difficulty level. However, one shot, after a somewhat poor tee shot stood out. I put it about 10 feet away with my hybrid from ~210 out. It felt good and looked good. I didn't know how good it was until I got over the hill. Before the shot had to drive up that hill to get direction, as the green was hidden.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

2nd shot on #17 at Heron Lakes, par-5.  3-Hybrid from 210 yds out into a pretty good breeze, water to the right of the green.  Go for the green and nail the shot, ends up pin high, 15 ft right of the hole.  Barely missed eagle (sandy greens) and easy 2-putt birdie.  2 birdies in 9 holes, even with the greens having just been sanded.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Tough week for me on the golf course. Best shot was probably a 7 iron from about 155 or 160 out. Put it to 8-10 feet and made the birdie putt to get back to E thru 4. Went on to shoot a 39 on that 9.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

played a par 3 yesterday that had an actual yardage of 174, but it was uphill a fair bit and the wind was blowing directly in our face at almost 20 mph.  the flag was tucked into a VERY tight left corner of the green and was guarded in front by bunkers.  i hit an 80% 5 wood into the wind, landed on the front of the green and then rolled up 3 feet behind the flag (and proceeded to get my birdie).  the other three guys that were with me, they're very solid scratch players, so when they told me what a great shot that was after my ball had stopped, it felt pretty good.

No brainer..............  It was a 408yd uphill par 4.............after a good drive, a sand wedge 1-hopped short...hit the stick and did the dance........................the ball came to rest on the edge of the hole............it missed!!

screw the hoopla.....I've made 10 par 4 dueces........  Just saying.......missing that one pissed me off. My home course has 10 par4's and I've deuced 7 of them.............true story.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Chipped in from about 30 yards for eagle on number 1 (Back 9) in a tournament yesterday.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Chocked down three wood from 240 yards to the center of a postage stamp size green, proceeded to three putt the green ;b

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10th hole at Auburn Golf Course, my first time there, and I'm playing the 10th (Par 5) as my first hole.

Crappy butt slapped drive to maybe 200 yards, but safely in the fairway.

SMOKED 4 hybrid to right edge of fairway @ 185 out.

Then, with the same 4 hybrid I hit a high soft fade to about 5 feet on a tiny green.

Get to the green and discover that I left my putter in the car and didn't notice because I had the rain cover on.

Putt with the same 4 hybrid and hole the putt for birdie......!