IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Played some horrible golf this past weekend. I managed this one on a hole where I hit 4 provisional balls on my way to a 9...

170yards from the centre of the 14th green. Pin is back left and protected by bunkers on the line of play and a steep swale on the left of the green. I am pretty much over the day and decide to have a crack at the pin. Hit my best strike of the day with 6I and it soars in there, carries the swale by about 5 feet, rolls out 10 feet to settle 8 feet from the flag on a nice straight uphill lie. Of course this is one of my provisionals and I find the ball in play wedged in a bush *facepalms*

9th hole, 415 yards with a very sloped, tough to putt green. Needed a bogey or better to shoot even par for the front 9. After a decent drive I stuck an 8 iron to within 1 foot for the birdie.

I played at Golfclub Zwolle ( netherlands ) yesterday, was invited by a customer for a businessday. Conditions where horrible realy strong winds and rain.

Swing was holding ok tho.

We came at the 8th hole a 151 yrd par 3, flag was just a couple off feet on the green with a huge bunker in front of the green. this hole was playing into the wind.

I took 5 iron out off the bag grip a little shorter. ( because i would make clean contact and little lower )

I hit the ball realy clean and it went straight at the flag holding his line perfectly, it came down just 5 feet right of the flag and just stayed there, no roll or bounce.

holed the putt for birdie

Had a few mistakes in the round but managed to get a 12 over par 82 on the card i was happy with that result, not the score but the way i played tee to green was nice in the wind.

missed only 3 fairways, that alone for me is great as i normaly hit 4-5.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I caught a perfectly flush 3-hybrid on the par-5 10th a few days ago. I've been working on holding my lag better, dropping my right elbow into my body better, and using my hips more. The results have yielded maybe a 5 - 10%+ increase in distance on my good swings, but most importantly it's helping my chronic hitting fat problems. Anyway, I hit a fairly decent drive on that hole but it was a little of a push and the ball flight was a little low. It clipped a tree branch as it hugged the right edge of the fairway and got knocked straight down. Based on my other drives that day I probably would've gotten about 250ish yards out of the drive (thanks to the roll out I get from those kinds of shots), but I ended up at only about 210 - 220. The ball was sitting on a perfectly clean, flat lie. I pulled out my 3-hybrid and decided I needed a bit extra distance, and given the wide-ish fairway, I'd try for some distance. My swing was perfect and the contact with the ball was perhaps the cleanest, purest, sharpest sound one of my clubs has ever made. I ended up hitting it about 230 yards. But that was into a ~7 MPH head wind and slightly uphill. Under flat, no wind conditions, I don't know how far it would've gone, but it probably would've gone 240+. It left me with a 60 yd pitch onto the green. It was a very satisfying shot, and I was very happy with it. :)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

granted it's early in the week yet, but i had a pretty fine wedge this afternoon.  par 4, doglegs pretty sharply to the right with a pretty decent sized pine tree at the turn.  i had half-topped my tee shot and had that pine tree directly between myself and the green with about 100 yards to go.  i took my gap wedge, sailed the ball over the tree and watched the ball land and check up 6 inches from the cup for a tap-in birdie.

Today I holed out from 110 yards for and eagle two. Took a lesson earlier in the week as my iron play has been poor, but starting to see some results. A lot of work to do, although I got lucky today.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

In the midst of a mediocre round I mishit my second shot on a par 4, leaving myself 40 yards to a second tier pin on a three tiered green.  I hit a sand wedge to the correct tier that bounced once and spun to a stop six inches from the hole.  In my past as a golfer I probably would have hit a pitch and run and hoped that I could get it to the right spot but the work that I've been doing with the wedge at practice paid off.  I hit two other wedges to inside of three feet during the round and managed to miss both putts.

I nearly jarred a 181 7-iron for an ace yesterday.........

IMG00007-20111013-1544.jpg

....and then I proceeded to miss a short birdie putt.  LOL.....in my defense, the greens were just aerated and topdressed with sand 2 days ago, so they were in pretty rough shape.

LOL.....

I also hit my two longest drives of the year on the same day!!!!  Both holes were 500yd par 5's playing downwind and the fairways were rock hard.  The two 2nd shots were 127yds and 143yds respectively. A couple of nice pokes!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

On the 378 yard 11th I hit a bad tee shot that went way right and ended up on the edge of the tee box for the par 3 10th coming in the opposite direction. I was left with about 170 yards with the ball a foot or so above my feet. To top it off I had to get over a small bush about 20 yards in front and get it between two trees that were 50 yards in front and about 10 yards apart. Anyway I hit a 6 iron to within 15 yards of the green (little bit short and to the left) and ended up with a bogey.

Ninth hole at Rolling Hills in Longwood, Fl, On the second shot I had 115 downhill to a front pin - perfect wedge distance. Soon as I hit it I said to my partner 'That could be a two'. Landed 3 feet right of the pin, kicked left, lipped out. Two-inch birdie putt.

Yes, I made it. :)

I had 2 best shots of the week!!! Two chip-in eagles .............. one weekend!! Yep......I made an eagle both saturday and sunday last weekend!!

Both were different 500yd par 5's.  I hit an iffy tee shot on Saturday.  I was left partially stuck  behind a tree in the rough but I felt like I could pull the shot off.  I had 222yds to the pin..............I had to hit it low......I had to hit it right.....and hope to hit a fade starting right of the tree and fading back to the green!! (I hit a draw as consistent as kenny perry)...LOL ..............NOT MY SHOT!!!!  I'll BE GD.....I almost pulled it off!!!  I hit a low rocket 3-iron hybrid low/right of the tree...(barely missed limbs)...it took off right of the green and tried to fade back but never quite made it.  The ball did fade back but came to rest pin-high....five feet from the short grass.......and I jarred the chip!!!!!

BOOM....made my day!!

Sunday:

I shattered my driver earlier in the day so I was hitting 3-wood from the tee. It was downhill/downwind...the fairways fir FIRM!!......I KILLED IT.....500yd par5 and I had 183-pin.......with a 3-wood off the tee...LOL    I started a 7-iron at the pin but drew it right.....i hit it the perfect length, but the green is positioned diagonally....so the slight draw miss made me go over the green by 2ft.....and wouldn't ya know it....I chipped it in AGAIN!!.....

1 weekend....two back-to-back chip-in eagles.....gotta love it!!!

BOOM!

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Just a maintenance 9-hole round for me today...  Sunk a lot of 10-footers, like 4 or so.  The easiest shot that looked the most impressive was a drive on a short (315y) par-4.  I went for the green as usual and ended up getting it past the pin in the 320-330 area.  I'm usually in the 290 range or so off the front of the green.  Got some extra distance from somewhere there.  Just tried to keep my hands on the circle and make the legwork I've been working on.  Still drawing the ball a little too much, but I'll take long and left of the green on that hole when I'm working on swing changes.  Chipped tight and putt for an easy bird.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Straight down on the top of the flag! Had a 35 yard shot over a bunker complex from the short side of the green. Had a nice lie. Hit a super high flop shot and as it came down, it hit the very top of the pin -- on the reflector. It would have been a great shot that should have landed a foot or less past the hole. Instead it bounced way up off the top of the flag and shot high in the air and into a hazard some 20 yards from the pin. No one in my group had ever seen such a thing. That's golf.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

200 yard par 3, final hole of the course. Rated as the most difficult hole because of the bunkers and the length.

I brought out my 3 wood, and did a nice, relaxed swing, which bounced on the green, which is guarded by 2 bunkers. It's not much, but it was a great achievement for me to hit that green in one.

Last week I did a nice shot too, my approach shot on a par 4 went slightly over the green, leaving me a short chip and run. Hit the flagstick and stopped about 1 inch from the hole, leaving a tap in for par. I still maintain that it would have gone in without the flagstick :p

A clean 40 yard or so approach that landed 8 feet from the pin. Not particularly outstanding, it just felt really good. Contact was solid, I hit down well, took a divot after the ball, and the ball stopped not 12 inches from where it hit. Just a really solid, satisfying shot. :-)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

at the local muni, there is a short par 4 that's just a shade over 300 yards long, and it is almost impossible to keep your tee ball in the fairway because the entire hole is canted steeply to the right (it's built on a hillside).  today i hit the best drive i ever have on that particular hole (meaning that was my best drive ever for THAT hole, not my best drive ever).  the drive was 279 yards per my skycaddie, but it was straight up the center and actually held in the fairway instead of kicking/rolling down to the right.  i had 24 yards to the pin and was sitting directly in front of the green.  i honestly can't recall ever seeing anyone in that position on that hole in the 8 years i've been playing golf there.