IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 3 183 yards back pin location. Hit a sweet 5-iron with a little fade, been working on that shot a lot lately. Landed 12 feet from hole. Proceeded to 3-putt

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• Administrator

I played last week, Friday I think. So I should post here the few times I get to play this year. :)

Got to 18, hit a good drive. Thought I had 160 uphill or so, and took my 7I. Turns out it was more like 145, so I opened well up, played a high, soft, wipey push-cut with a less than full swing, and curved the ball 20 yards in the air. Ball landed just over the flagstick and rolled out to about 14 feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I have a couple good shots this past weekend. First was a narrow 360 yard par 4. To be safe I hit my 3 wood, Hit it dead on the screws to 60 yards. Bladed the chip over, then chipped to 4 ft for my par. Then on the 510 yard par 5 18th. This hole goes to me and my uncle (6 handicap). We both hit our drives dead center of the fair way. I am sitting 203 with a head wind, and my uncle is sitting about 200. We both then proceed to hit a hybrid 4. We both end up about 10 yards short of the green. The pin was back right, so still had about a 30 yard chip for both of us. I was out so I hit first and stuck it a foot from the hole. My uncle then did the same thing!! Both ended out round with a birdie, nice way to finish.

Driver - Ping G15

3 Wood - Taylormade V-steel

5 Wood - Cleveland Launcher

4 Hybrid - Taylormade Burner

Irons - 5-PW Callaway X-18

Wedge - Golden Bear 56*

Putter - Odyssey 2-ball SRT

Mine was this past saturday.  Number 15. 565 yard par 5.  Hit my drive. Had 267 left slightly down hit. Dont have a 3 wood at the moment so i hit my 5 trying to lay up.  Got about 35 yards of roll and ended up on the green 25 ft away. Sank the eagle put. Best part was i shot 74 playin with the gf.  Needless to say i was on saturday.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

I played last weekend both SAT and SUN...........

I'm pretty sure I hit several greens in regulation over those two days.......my best shots of the week.  LOL......................oh well!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played 9 for the first time in a couple of months.  Lots of quality strikes, not a single hero shot.  Missed a lot of greens long, trying to figure out what my exact yardage is nowadays.  It's at least a club longer than I expect.  Anyway, probably the best was a dogleg left par-4, hit a super-high 3-wood draw to the front of the green.  It started off low and then just climbed and kept on going.  The sound of it was incredible.  First time I've hit 3W with the new swing.  I'm planning on playing that shot on the opening hole today at another course.  Chipped and putt for birdie.  I guess the putt was pretty good too, downhill over a bunch of leaves that I didn't have time to clear.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

This is only memorable due to the dramatic lack of success I've had on the opening hole at Knoll East in the past.     It's a 350 yd par 4 - nothing special, but the tee box is elevated at least 50 ft from the fairway & the landing area is tight.     My opening drive is always less than spectacular ... this time, I drilled it about as well as I can hit a drive & it landed about 40 yards in front of everybody else's in the center of the fairway.    It's just a cool visual from an elevated tee like that ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Had to carry 230 to get across the pond off the tee. Hit on the other side and rolled back in. Dropped and had 160 in and stuck it to 2 feet. Tough par

Pushed my drive a bit, maybe 5 yards off the fairway but now with a tree hanging out blocking my approach.  Sitting about 158 out, with a lie in dirt/mulch/pine needles (go almost to the edge of the fairway).  Took out my 6i, hit a soft sort of knockdown cut, start left of the tree and fade all the way back to the green, land it right where I want (on the ramp of a back to front sloping two tier green), roll it up near pin high, maybe 20 feet left.

Two putted for par.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by mdl

Pushed my drive a bit, maybe 5 yards off the fairway but now with a tree hanging out blocking my approach.  Sitting about 158 out, with a lie in dirt/mulch/pine needles (go almost to the edge of the fairway).  Took out my 6i, hit a soft sort of knockdown cut, start left of the tree and fade all the way back to the green, land it right where I want (on the ramp of a back to front sloping two tier green), roll it up near pin high, maybe 20 feet left.

Two putted for par.

Nice !   love a well executed punch shot (mine always hook like crazy though)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Today I hit a shot any tour pro would be proud of. You know, the kind of shot that keeps you coming back.

I didn't play particularly well today, it was only my second round of the year.

At my home course, I have a nemesis hole, I can never play this hole good for some reason.

It's a 440yd par 4, with a pond all along the front of the green. The green is pear shaped, the pin of course was tucked in the back left corner. No room for error.

Hit a decent drive, but was in the left ruff.

Had a downhill sidehill lie in the ruff. 176yd to the pin. With a steady breeze into me.

I hit best 6 iron of my life, and stuck it left of the pin to about 13'. (Missed the birdie putt though).

Ya I'll be coming back after that one! LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

For starters ,Golf Season for my High School kicked off just last week, so I'm still pretty rusty. Today I played horrendous overall, due to the fact that I just handed over my irons to my pro shop to get them reshafted over the weekend, so I was left with some beautiful, rusty, 90's knockoff full cavity backs. Couldn't hit them all round. Pulled out a half hybrid on two of the par threes from 150, pretty tough shot. Back to the story though. Sort of best 3 shots of the week haha! Hole #15. Par 5. 585 yards, with a rolling fairway for the tee shot, then it's all uphill, with a blind second shot.  I nailed my drive so that it kicked off the downslope of a mound in the center. Carried it about 270, with a roll out of 30 yards. I pull out my Bushnell so I can try and snipe the tippy top of the yellow flag barely revealing itself above the last hill.  OB right, thick pine trees left, It's generally a lay up for that second shot. The problem was, I hadn't hit any iron straight today whatsoever, So I said to myself, "The HELL with it!" and ripped off my 910D2 headcover. I had a pretty flat lie, slighty uphill, but incredibly tight.  Very muddy from last nights rain too.  I took a practice swing with a more upright swing, and I dove in.  I couldn't have picked it more clean.  It started about 25 yards right, but a beautiful, low draw followed. I had no idea where it had landed as it was blind, but as I hiked up that last hill, to my amazement, I had made the green. I was a mere 15 feet to the right of the back pin. The greens were just aerated the day before, so I knew I didn't need to put much on the putt. Straight as an arrow, I nailed it, hit the back of the cup, but hopped in.

Right after the round, I felt like buying a nice Ping visor. So that's what Bubba  Watson felt like...

Handicap: 5

Home Course: The Highlands (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

Spent the week in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Awesome weather this week and got in 4 rounds!

My best shot was probably either a PW to about 4 feet to save par (Hit my tee shot into a waste bunker), or a nice 7 iron to about 6 feet that ended up as a birdie.

Hi, new here! Drove a 329 yard par 4 over water with a slight dog leg to the left. Usually take an iron off the tee but decided to go for it as wind was behind, nailed it to about 15 feet but subsequently missed the eagle putt by a few inches!

Had two the past week,

First after hitting a nice little punch shot out of the trees on the uphill tough par 5 1st hole, had about 165 eh 170 out. Light breeze against me. Hit a stiff 6 iron directly over the pin, as soon as I made contact I knew it was on the money. Sunk the 5 ft bird. chirp.

Second. Once again I find myself under the trees to the right on the par 4 down hill 8th. The flag is in the back of a long green with two sections with a ridge in between the two. So being conservative, I take out a 9 iron (bout 150 out trying to just get on front portion)  Had to keep it low under a branch. Back of stance. Power punch. Boom. best one ever, ducks under branch and takes off to green. Caught it a tad thin. Hits ridge in green bounces once. Checks in back portion 5 ft from flag. Lucky. Bird.