IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Originally Posted by Dave H

Hit a 7 iron on a 176 yard par 3. Had a slight helping wind. Hit a beautiful, high push draw to 3 feet.

I had a similar shot this weekend - 189 yd par 3, 5 iron high draw to about 8 ft of the pin on the back upper level. It was the kind of shot where you just feel a little tug at contact, smooth as a gravy sandwich..

dak4n6

Short par 4, 310 yards, dog leg left with trees lining the left side of the fair way. Put a nice swing on the ball on drew it around the trees as planned.  Expected to find the ball some where short of the green or on the approach to the green.  Drove around the corner and I saw my ball sitting up on the green.  I was a nice start to the round

Yesterday, I really didn't have any great shots and I made no GIR which was stressful. My chipping was excellent...pretty much all within 10 feet or so.

Was playing a local municipal course with a couple of my friends earlier in the week and was playing a long par 4. My drive ends up in the right hand rough which that day was really playing hard. I take out a 5 iron to try and get it out but the grass just catches the club and the ball maybe goes 40 yards and lands in some lighter rough. There are some guys on the tee of the par 3, which is behind the green of this par 4 and I can make out one of the guys turning round to his friend and pointing as if to say 'look at that'. I walk up to my ball and hit a nice 8 iron that's all over the pin, takes one hop on the green and hits the pin, landing about 5 feet from the hole. Walk up and make the par putt infront of the guy, felt good :)

Played in a tournament Saturday, so Friday we practiced. In the tournament we're allowed 1 Ladies tee - so I took mine on dog leg left par 5. I landed my tee shot 10yards from the green. chipped to w/ in 2' and putted in for eagle.

I can't help but feeling like I could have put an extra 10yards on the drive and been on the Green in one.

I played pretty poorly in my most recent round([URL=http://jamo1358.webs.com/rounds/20120618-p51.html]+5 77 at George Wright[/URL], ick), but I did have a few shots that stood out to me. The first was on the second hole. After a bogey on the first, I hit one of the worst tee shots go my life, about 100 yards and 30 degrees right with my 2-hybrid. The ball was never got above my head. I had about 180 (I was completely guessing) from a decent lie in the rough. The hole was elevated and I had to get it in the air quickly because of some tall rye grass directly in front of my ball. I executed the shot absolutely perfect. The ball landed about a yard off the green (according to my friend, who was up there) and rolled to 11 feet. I missed the putt. Then on the fourth hole, a 165-yard par three that was playing a bit longer, I hit into a really deep pot bunker (the hands-down worse bunker on the course) right of the green. The ball was slightly buried and right up against the lip. I told my friend (they had gathered around, expiating me to fall on my face or hit the ball directly into the wall of grass in front of me) that I had a 10% chance of getting it out, let alone getting it on the green. I took my 60 ° LW and did everything I could to get the ball in the air fast (I'm generally pretty good at flop shots). I managed to clear the lip and it rolled onto the green, about 17 feet from the hole. It probably could have fed down to the hole if I landed it a foot farther, but it was still one of the best bunker shots I've ever played, and I'm generally a pretty good bunker player. I had another good one on the fourth, a 420-yard par-four. After slicing a ball into the adjacent woods, I managed to pull a lucky break in that I had room to hit a shot up and over the trees in front of me. I hit a 7-iron (the hole is a dogleg, so I tend to have to lay up and go hybrid-long iron to reach, but by being in the woods I basically cut the corner) from about 160, over everything onto the back of the green. Then on the 15th hole, one of only two par-fives, I had about 280 to the hole after a good drive. I very seldom go for par-fives in two (something I'm trying to change, gradually), but since my score was already pretty high I decided to go for it. I've been struggling a bit to avoid cutting the ball with the 3-wood I'm currently using, but I managed to hit an absolutely perfect shot just short of the green (and I got a good bit of roll).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was at a 285 yard par 4 uphill. Its a drastic uphill shot, probably 30 feet or so, you can't see the flag either, you just have to kind of know the location. I teed off with my 3 wood for the extra loft and really got a hold of it. final measurement was 241 yards (about 45 or so from the cup) and I overshot the far edge of the fairway closest to the pin by a couple feet. Ended up triple putting for bogey but damn it felt good off the tee.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Last night at Colorado National 4th hole. Got stuck with the wrong club due to the carts on path only signs. Grabbed a 7i thinking I was about 190 out turned out out be 151. The walk back to the cart path was too far so I hit a light 7i but didn't see where it landed, uphill to a half blind green. My group started cheering so I figured it went in. It didn't stopped about 30 inches from the hole. I tapped in for birdie. Lucky shot but I'll take it. The condition of the greens there is pathetic. Made for a tough round and a bad score despite hitting 6 of 9 GIR. Actually took me 4 putts to get the ball in the hole on the 1st. First time there, won't be going back.

Dave :-)

I've been on a tear lately.....made 9 birdies between yesterday and today.

................but only 1 comes with a pic!!  hahahaha......when an obvious pitch mark, pin, and ball fit nicely in a close-up.....I figure why not take a pic?   It was a 555yd par5 playing steeply uphill to the green on the 3rd shot.  I could only see the top half of he pin, but thanks to may laser I knew I had exactly 86yds to the pin for my approach...........

013-1.jpg

I'd say I judged it pretty well

PS...I was probably lucky it was misting and the greens were wet.  The ball would have probably pulled away from the cup if the greens weren't soaked.   I was surprised to see the dew trail of the ball releasing to that point, but I didn't complain......the result was an easy birdie.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Almost my first eagle on a par 4.

450 yard par 4-

310 yards down the middle with driver

140 yard 9 iron uphill to within 8 inches of the cup.

Tapping in for birdie - priceless...

I guess that means my two best shots of the week were on the same hole!

I had 2 that were similar on my 9 hole round. The first was on the 3rd hole par 3 where I landed just left of the green down in the little hole about 50 or so feet from the hole. I chipped it up and the ball landed and rolled right to the hole. It was going a little too fast so it hit the pin and went right.

The 2nd shot was on the par 3 7th where my ball landed on the fringe about 20 or so feet from the hole. The putt broke right 10 feet. I made the putt and it was rolling perfectly so I started doing the walk. The ball barely missed on the right edge.

I made both of the leftover putts for pars, and they were both within 3 feet. The first's shoulda went in :p

Almost had my first eagle on a 508 par 5.

Driver, 5 wood and I ended up back left of the green in the second cut. Not a bad lie, sitting up pretty nice.

So I took my 60 and gave it hell. I hit it short and let the slope do all the work. I'm staring it down until it starts to break in the spot I wanted it to break and I scream "GET IN THE HOLE!". It misses by half an inch on the right side and ends up 8 inches away from the cup for a tap in birdie.

One day!

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Okay, this will be hard to believe, but I swear it's true. We were playing a new course a couple of weeks ago. I had a PW into a back pin. There was a very steep embankment behind the green that would have allowed the ball to roll back, so I wasn't concerned about going long. Well, I hit a high wedge over the embankment and it hit the cart path. There was a wrought iron fence on the other side of the path. The ball bounced over the fence and hit the house's metal roof (was very loud), rolled off the roof, bounced on their patio, back over the fence, hit the cart path, then rolled down the embankment to about 12 feet. Two putted for par. I looked through the fence when I was passing by after playing the hole. There was a tiny Vegas inground wading pool in the backyard that was between all the stuff I just mentioned. I have no idea how the ball rolled off the roof and missed the pool. I know, I know.....it all sounds unlikely, but I have witnesses!

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

I've had a good week for good shots. Hit a PW from 139y out of a fairway bunker. Landed on the green pin high about 20 feet from the hole. Unfortunately I 2 putted for par but it was a victory as far as I am concerned. Recovering from fairway bunkers isn't a strong part of my game.

Dave :-)

Eagle on a par 4. Range finder said 182 yards to the pin. Took out my 25* Hybrid {Thankfully I took my 4i out so I could carry two hybrids, as I knew the course would be a bit wet this morning after a weekend of rain, and the fairways might be a bit longer than normal), as I know a good swing at about 70% would get me there. Lined up the shot, pulled the trigger, it hit, bounced twice, and rolled into the cup. Was a great shot that got me a best ever 76, with par's on the last 2 holes.

But even better was a guy behind me who albatrossed the par 5, 5th. It was cool to see. The guy is a friendly aquaintance, and a great guy, so it was cool that he nailed it and had 4 guys who saw it for proof.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I pitched in a shot from 45 yards for a birdie.  I didn't see it go in because it was blocked by a ridge.  My friends saw it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave