IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Made my first eagle this week, was able to hole a shot from about 120 out. First one feels good.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

Short par 4, hit a decent tee shot to about 80 yards from the green, but ball rolled into the rough just off the fairway. choked up on my PW and took a nice easy 3/4 swing, ball landed in front of the pin took one hop and stopped 2 feet short. Nice tap in birdie.

Greenside bunker shot, 10th hole, par 3. My first ball was pulled OB, and my third landed in the sand. Used the 60 degree wedge - flag was perhaps 15 feet away, only 10 of which was green - lofted it into the air, rolled sideways into the cup...for bogey. Best hole I had today.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Most of my best shots last night were with the putter. I made par putts on the first two holes (after missing greens) of 6' and 12'. I also made nice ones on 5 and 8 in the 8' range.

However, my best shot came on 9. It's a par 4 with trouble on the right. My tee shot started up the middle, and made a right turn. I found my ball in knee deep heather about 95 yards from the green. I was just able to get the clubface on the ball and hit the center of the green. If it had flown about 4 feet further it would have gone from good to great. It just hung up on a ridge that left me on a side hill where I had to putt back up the hill to the ridge and then get the ball to fall left down to the lower tier. I got it to 5' but the magic in my putter had run out. I ended up with a bogey 5, but from where I hit my second shot, it could have been worse.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My best shot of the week was actually hit by my wife. We were playing in our "couples league" monday night when I drove the ball about 20 yards short of short par 4. She is a new gofer and hates chipping so she tried to putt it. I figured I'd still be chipping on the next shot so I went to the cart to get my wedge. As I was waling I hear our partners yelling "hit the pin!" I turned just intime to see the ball speed toward the hole hit the pin and fall straight in for an eagle! We went on to shoot 12 over for 9 holes, but that was a great Texas Wedge!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

My wife made a great shot last night too. We were putting out on the 1st green and my buddy made his 10 footer and left it in the cup. My wife knocks her putt in as well and picks up both balls. He wasn't paying attention and started walking towards the hole. As he starts to lean over to get his ball she tosses it too him and nails him in the forehead. He wasn't hurt, but I had to back away twice before I could attempt my putt. I managed to dry the tears in my eyes long enough to make the putt.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My wife made a great shot last night too. We were putting out on the 1st green and my buddy made his 10 footer and left it in the cup. My wife knocks her putt in as well and picks up both balls. He wasn't paying attention and started walking towards the hole. As he starts to lean over to get his ball she tosses it too him and nails him in the forehead. He wasn't hurt, but I had to back away twice before I could attempt my putt. I managed to dry the tears in my eyes long enough to make the putt.

That's two great shots on one hole!!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

i had a chip in last night. thats my first chip in all year!

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

yesterday i had a terrible round but my first few holes were pretty darn good for me. on hole 3, its a short par 4. my tee shot was in the fairway about 30 yards out. my second shot i pitched it in about 2 inches from the cup for a tap in birdie. i thought i was about to get my first eagle but i have never had a tap in birdie before so i was thrilled.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

I played a total of 36 holes this weekend. 18 Saturday afternoon, 9 Saturday evening and 9 Sunday morning at 3 different courses. I did not have any spectacular shots but overall I drove the ball well and my wedges were decent. My best shot was Saturday evening on the course we play for our Wednesday night league. The 8th is a short down hill par 4. The hole is only a 295 yard dog leg right. The dog leg is at the last 50 yards and plays to a totally blind green and takes a carry of 275 over marsh and tall trees to get there in one. As recently as 5 years ago I was still trying to pull it off (I have eagled it twice and birdied it that way a handfull of times). I'm not quite as strong and a little bit smarter now so I try to hit a nice fade arround the corner to about 60 yards out. I cut the corner a little extra Saturday. In fact I figured the ball was likely lost so I hit a provisional. When I got down to my second ball my first was sitting about 15 yards off the green. I actually considered putting it since the flag was only about 15 feet onto the green but the grass between my ball and the green was very uneven. I pitched it and just missed the flag and it rolled to about 8 feet (ugh). I lipped out the birdie.

On Saturday, I hit a 220 yard 5-wood from the first cut of rough as my second shot on a par 5. It was about the sweetest 5-wood shot I've ever hit in my life. Felt like velvet. I was still about 30 yards short of the green because my drive was crap...but it was one of "those" shots, no doubt.

Umm.. my only time I went during the week would be to the Range, so I guess my best would be about a 220 yard drive. I'm going tomorrow though, so I'll keep you guys posted

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

On a 215 yard par 3 during an interclub match at an away course...

It looked a little down hill so I initially pulled out my 5 iron but changed my mind and pulled out the 4 iron. I absolutely nutted the club and it landed 10 feet short and 5 feet right of the hole and rolled up to 6 inches right of the hole. One of the players we were against had a 60 foot birdie put and he missed and my tap in birdie won the hole :)

On a 215 yard par 3 during an interclub match at an away course...

Tap in birdies are always nice on those longer par 3's nice job. I was on the sixth hole today shoter par 4 325yds, Hit a solid 3 wood which left me sixty yards. Hit a high lob wedge into the hole landed a foot back, spun and fell into the cup. Since it was about a hundred out and I was waiting on each tee for about ten min i called it a day with that shot. Not a bad way to end the day

Driver:Titleist 905R YS6 Stiff
3 Wood: Mizuno F-50 15 Degree
Irons 3-9: Nike Pro Combo Tour
Wedges: 48,52,60 Titleist Vokey Oil Can
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5Ball: Pro V1

18th hole at my home course, it is a 90 dogleg right. A 400 yard par 4 with tight fairway and bunkers on the right of the fairway and crowning the top of the green.

This hole I always debated whether using my 20* hybrid or driver off the tee (usually overshot the fairway even with an easy swing).

I have never parred this hole and is the hardest hole on the back 9.

So I tee off with my hybrid this time, booming shot down the fairway but not all the way around the bend for a clear shot at the green. So I'm 200 yards out and I have to thread my shot between two trees to get to the green because I haven't rounded the dog leg yet. I take 2 practice swings with my hybrid again (which is hard to stick on the greens), hit the ball and I got that sweet little "P-Tink" sound a cobra baffler makes when you hit it perfectly, ball splits the two trees perfectly and lands on the center of the green. I was ecstatic, sticking the green from 200 out is a feeling unlike any other.

2 putted for par but hey, no worries.

Playing #5 at the Txstate course, not very long ~300yds, dogleg right par4, Take the ball straight at the green which you have to go over some huge oak trees and probably a 275 yard carry, I take out the big guy and play a huge cut, over the trees and end up 15yd past the flag just to the right of the green.

I love to make my own path over and around trees that are meant to be in the way and cut off most of a hole.. ended up making a bird which topped it off.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver:
3 Wood:
Hybrid:
3-PW: Wedges: Putter: Ball:

Number 6 at The Willows, a short par 5 of 495-ish yards from the white tees. A massive drive down the right side of the fairway, with some cart path (or tree, I don't know exactly) assistance, left me with about 200 left to the cup, up hill. Figured today's the best chance I have to get home in two and putt for eagle, so I pull the 3 wood...hit it off the toe and ended up in the trap. Sand wedge to a foot. Tweet tweet. I'll take a tap-in birdie anyday.

I went on to get a year-low 41 on the front, but collapsed with a 56 on the back after tweaking my wrist on the 11th.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Nothing fancy, probably just my 115 yard PW shot on the first hole last night, a par 5. Landed a little past the flag on top of a little hump in the middle of the green, had a little backspin on it and came down the hill to about 3 feet from the flag. Nice way to start the round with an easy birdie.