IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I hit a hybrid 225 yards over a pond to within ten feet. Then knocked the putt down solid.

It was a great eagle. Too bad I played alone, no one was there to tell me how great it was.

I do admit getting a little lucky. The ball started out a bit right, started to draw and land barely right of the green. There is a big mound there so it just kicked it left and right towards the flag.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

A few days ago I bombed a drive about 310 yards around the corner on no. 15 (par 4- dogleg left) and then hit a wedge from about 137 to about 4 feet short of the pin and it two hopped into the jar for an eagle.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

Hit a decent drive on a par 4, then caught my 9 fat and was 75ft away on the fringe. I'm not too good at putting on the fringe so I pulled my 7 iron out, hit a perfect bump and run into the cup for birdie. One of only a handful of birdies in my year or so of playing :)

Driver: 454 Comp R-flex 45g, 10.5*
Hybrid: Baffler 3I 20*
4i-GW: 3100 I/H
Wedges: 56* 60* Vokeys
Putter: White Hot XG #1

Sorry for poor pic quality, cell phone was all I had

This was a few weeks ago, just found this thread.... Hiddenbrooke Golf Club in Vallejo, CA, the 13th hole, IIRC. We were playing from the tips, and you had to climb these massive natural steps to get back to the tee box.

The view from the blue tee BACK to the tips (that's my friend up there)!

Once there, you were looking down - oh - about 200 feet, easily. It was like you were teeing off the side of a cliff, and all carry, nothing but rocks and ravine in front of you.

I hit a 7I, and it felt like time stood still watching it fly and then fall all the way down to the hole. But....oh....the result:

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Playing at Saluda Valley Country Club in Williamston, SC.

Hole 15 was playing to 304 yards, dogleg left. I tee up and just tattoo one with a slight draw over the trees. I start looking for my ball, and lo and behold what do I see, my ball rests 5ft from the flag, putt it in for eagle 2. :)

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

that is awesome! my best shot of the week so far is probably today when I hit my 2nd shot on a long par 4 about 3 feet from the pin spinning it backwards

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

The worst hole I shot last week at least salvaged my ego on the final stroke. After a penalty shot off the tee into the river on the right, my drop shot was felled by a tree which blocked any recovery other than a short chip into the fairway. My pitch to the green was left and 40 feet downhill sloping left to the hole.

All I wanted to do was putt close enough to have a reasonable 2nd putt.

The ball came off my putter solidly on my line, but I thought it was too hot and could roll into the fringe on the opposite side...

Fortunately, my ball was stopped when it dropped into the hole

That's enough for me to play this game another week, to see what happens

So I got in a quick 9 today, and on the 4th hole I ripped a drive but pulled it a little.

It ended up in a position where I had a shot at the green, about 170 out, but I had very little room to swing and tree branches were all in my face. I grabbed a 6-Iron, choked it down a little bit, and just tried to play a little punch shot. It rolled up to within 5 feet and I dropped it for a bird.

How laucky!
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

My best shot of the season thus far was on Monday. My brother and I were playing a short par 3 course on my lunch break. The hole is only 80 yards long, but there is a big, elevated bunker in front of the green. I popped up my sand wedge and put it within 4 feet or so and even sunk the birdie putt.

I have photographic proof!

Here is the hole from the tee:

Here is my tee shot:

I have larger pictures on my blog , if anyone cares to see them. I didn't want to post the full 640x480 pics in my post, as that can be annoying.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Sorry for poor pic quality, cell phone was all I had

haha nice, look at that hole your ball put in the green, thats crazy

I love to hate this damn game.

Par 5 6th, 526 yards. Drive down the fairway, 3 wood, 8 iron lay up to the bunker at the front of green. Pin posistioned right at the back of the bunker. Chipped over the bunker, and stopped it about a foot away.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

My best shot of the week was yesterday after I missed the green on #15 at Martinsville. I had a nasty lie in some thick rough and hit a 3/4 60* wedge that landed softly and cozied up within 18" of the cup. Up and down to save my par.

haha nice, look at that hole your ball put in the green, thats crazy

Yeah, it must've landed from about 400 feet high!!

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

12th hole, 560-something par 5. Bad drive that banana-balled into the trees, followed by a 3 wood caught super-thin. Another 3 wood left me 40 yards from the hole and in the trees again. I pitched the ball up with my lob wedge and into the hole for a birdie.

Chipping in is so much easier than putting. I should try to do it more often.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Mine was a couple of weeks ago playing a local public course here, I'll set it up for ya. It involves two holes.

Started of playin' decent parred par 3, bogied par 4 (missed 2 footer...lol), birdied par 5 and got it back. shanked drive tryin' to kill it, shank, underclub, crap chip, 2 putt....6 (+2). bogied alot more after that, and then came to hole 11 @ a very discouraging +9 and a solid four shots back of my playin' partner. Striking the ball solid besides that hole 4 junk, just alot of three-putts.

Hole 11 (par 5, 495 yards). Bombed a drive slight draw ends up just off fairway in left rough, uphill lie. 180 to flag, bad angle, take 6-iron out, stick it. 15-foot eagle putt, uphill slightly right to left.........booooom. Playin partner sinks his birdie from 7 feet and I take one back & move to +7.

Hole 12 (par 5, 520 yards). Adrenaline pumpin' teeshot flies 310 into center cut (slightly downhill hole). Take out my 5-iron (extreme dropoff @ 340 mark, so probably plays 190-195), tug it but good solid contact to about 5 yards left of green, pin high. Step up with my new loco sandy, and kinda flopped it up outta the sunkin' lie. Came out absolutely perfect and hit exactly where i wanted it to, and after a little 15' roll.......EAGLE!!

My buddy birdied the hole as well and put me @ +5 and down 2. He couldn't believe he got back-to-back birdies and LOST two strokes. He tripled the next par 3 after that and I parred it giving me lead by 1, which I managed to hold on to winning with a 77 (+7) by one.

Can't say exactly which one was my best shot, but the opportunity to eagle back to back holes and actually doing it was certainly mind boggling.

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

i wasn't a member of the forum when this happened a couple of weeks ago, but it involed the best shots i have ever played (and probably ever will play) The first 5 holes involved 14 shots for 19 stableford points, if i had to pick one, it would be my tee shot on the 5th hole, a 178 meter uphill par 3, put it 2 feet behind the hole, must of missed the hole by inches when it rolled past. i was on such a high, when i tee'd off on the sixth, i put two balls straight out of bounds, didn't bother me at all.

In the bag:

Clubs.

I was playing yesterday at a local muni. I was +9 coming into the 18th green. Since we had no one in front or behind us, my friend and I decided to use 5-wood off the tee as a bet since I was up 1 coming into the last hole.

So I get up there, hook my drive left into the tree lined forest. But as I get up to my ball, I see I have a nice line back to the fairway about 100 yards away from the green. So I get set up for a low rolling punch shot w/ my 3 wood (only club I can keep low).

I take my swing, and somewhere along the swing, my club comes down in a wierd way, but it sends the ball through a 1ft area above me and out into the middle of the fairway. I was jumping for joy.

Then I go and botch my chip onto the green. Dang it.

Still a nice shot though.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Had a 3 birdie run Friday.
Hitting the ball badly all day, I skied my tee shot on a par 3, leaving a 10 yard chip. Half bladed shot hit the pin so hard the rattle could be heard 3 holes away. The ball went in for a 2 bad shot birdie!
Next hole was 4 par, I played it well. Hit driver, pw to 30 inches, easy putt . Two birdies in a row! Don’t remember the last time I did that.
Next hole par 5 that usually gives me fits. Nice drive left me 280 to the green. Topped my 3 wood to 180 to green. Had a downhill, side hill, ball below my feet third shot. Decided 7 wood might keep me out of the creek right of the green. Hit the best 7 wood of my life, slight fade, hit front of the green and rolled 18 inches past the pin. Tap in third birdie in a row. I don’t think I had ever done that.
Shot 38 on the front and went on to shoot 50 on the back, 6doubles! 2 bogies one lonely par.
My round had 2 pars, 3 birdies, 7 bogies, 6 doubles, how bad could it be?

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!