IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I was under some trees on hard pan about 150 from the green. Water was in front of the left half of the green. Sand on the right side of the green. Took a 5 iron and punched a shot in the gap between the water and sand trap and had it roll about 15 feet from a back pin. Ran the putt up for a tap in par.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Last hole, im 7 over at this stage and looking to finish steady. Take an easy 3 wood for centre of fairway? Nah, cold top off the tee bounce off the womens tee and sit about 265 yards from the hole (Par 4) in the rough. Not good.

Grab the 3 wood out again and ask my playing partners where the pin was because I couldnt see it. They laughed because they didnt think I was serious.

I launched this ball with precision, over the trees onto what i thought was a good line, rolled up the front of the green and sat about 4 metres from the hole. I smiled at my partners and they shook their heads in disbelief.

Then I made the putt for birdie! BANG! Easy done.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5* :titleist:

3 Wood: Titleist 913F 15*  :titleist:

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 19*    :titleist:

4-PW: Titleist 712 AP2 S300      :titleist:

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 588 52*, 56*& 60* :cleve:

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :cameron:

Ball: Taylormade TPx         :tmade: 

Last 18 holes of the year yesterday, played with a jacket, took a while to get used to. Anywho.

Long Par 5, back hole location. Had to hit driver, 5 wood, 5 wood (when I'm on the fairway, 5 wood is the longest club I use right now...i have trouble hitting 3w and driver off the deck). Both of the 5 woods were pure but the second one was absolutely perfect. Ball landed 6 feet from the hole....

...missed the birdie putt....

:mad:

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Tuesday morning round. Drive on a 400-yard par 4 finishes in the semi-rough about 160 yards from the green with a tree just obscuring my line into the green. I say to one of my playing partners "this is the moment when I demonstrate that I can't play a draw on demand". Then I set up, close my stance slightly, and hit a perfect 6-iron that draws about ten yards round the tree and finishes dead on line about fifteen feet short of the pin. Whoa. That's not like me...

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Was playing in a four ball match, we were down 1 going into the par 5 number 18.  I hit an alright drive, my ball comes to rest sort of embedded in the rough, tried to dig it out and barely get it down and it rolls like 100 yards.  So i'm 210 out I take out my 4 iron hit a perfect shot over the creek in front of the green and it ends up 7 feet away.  Unfortunately I missed the birdie putt to win the match and we lost one down. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the stick!  130 yards out with an 8 iron.  Hole #8 on Needwood's executive course is a tight, 398 yard par 4.  Too narrow for a driver, so I hit a 3 wood off the tee.  Then I was 211 out, but I duffed my next shot, also a 3 wood.  So this shot was my 3rd.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing a 600 yard par 5. Tee shot down the middle and had 290 left to the green. I couldnt make it with a 3 wood so pulled the driver as I had a really good lie.

Driver off the deck, smashed it 295 into the back bunker. Up and down for birdie. 2 huge shots!

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5* :titleist:

3 Wood: Titleist 913F 15*  :titleist:

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 19*    :titleist:

4-PW: Titleist 712 AP2 S300      :titleist:

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 588 52*, 56*& 60* :cleve:

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :cameron:

Ball: Taylormade TPx         :tmade: 

Sheesh......I haven't been playing golf!   Since my son took an interest in bowling, we bowl on the weekends when the days are short-cold.

How about.........I'll substitute my high bowling game from today....as a "best shot" of the day substitute!  LOL

The above is nothing overly exciting, but it's still a good game by any standard.   Bowling stories, anyone?

;-)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

This thread is just depressing now.

ALAS, I believe I hit an incredibly pure 5 wood the other day. Really took a rip at it, the net looked scurred.

Winter can get f'd.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

During an otherwise crappy round on Saturday, I put a 19-degree hybrid 5 yards from the stick from 175. The wind was blowing a bit and I actually thought about it, planned the shot and hit it more-or-less how I had hoped to. GIRs are pretty rare for me, so it was nice until I blew the birdie putt.

In an otherwise totally forgettable round, on a 540 yard par 5 I hit a driver and 3 wood next to the green. I then did a little bump and run with a 7 iron at least 40 feet into the hole. I love it when a plan comes together!

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Okay, Last Saturday I was 105 out in the trees on the right.  Pine trees all around.  I have a window where I have to play the ball left about 25 yards left of the green and keep in semi- low.  I grab a 4 iron open the club face a lot and give it a big outside in swing to cut across the ball - ball flew under the tree limbs, and sliced like a champ...  landed on the wet green (carried a bunker) and rolled to about 10 feet for birdie...

I didn't putt it....    I dropped a ball because my playing partner said it was impossible and that's where his ball was - The bet was to get the ball within 5 yards of the green ....  Lucky shot!!!!   If it was my first ball, I would have probably pitched out to the fairway just short of the green...

You have to goof off on the course sometimes and just try some shots!!!  HAVE FUN!!!!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

This thread is just depressing now.

ALAS, I believe I hit an incredibly pure 5 wood the other day. Really took a rip at it, the net looked scurred.

Winter can get f'd.

Hang in there.  Keep putting fear in that net!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

A great weekend in Majorca, we come for this Bank holiday, and with this weather I have improve my game, 79 shots not bad for my handicap +7 We are staying at the Barcelo Pueblo, and tomorrow we are going to the Son Antem west, today was in Maioris. We have booked with holidaysinone.com, and yesterday transfer from the Airport to the hotel was on time on a very clean van

Majorca looks great. I know the rules are not to comment on other posts, so I'll wrap this into a shot of the week I had this week. This best shot is kind of weird. It landed in a trap over the green and I bogeyed the hole. Why was it the best shot? It was actually the best shot I've hit this year. I've been working on my ball striking, weight shift, lag etc. I've been hitting a lot of good shots and scoring pretty well. I finally brought it all together. I hit a laser exactly on the line I was looking at. It felt effortless. A perfectly struck ball. Unfortunately it was on the last hole, so I didn't follow it up. I'll be at the range this week trying to recapture the magic.

Played 7 rounds in the past 2 weeks, using my summer holiday (South Africa) to the full. Had a few memorable shots: #1 - 02-12-2014: 164yd Par 3, hit my 6 iron to about 4 feet from the pin. Straight putt for my 1st ever birdie! #2 - 08-12-2014: 142yd Par 3, hit my 7 iron to about 20 feet from the pin. Big left to right sloping putt. Put the putt in for my 2nd birdie. #3 - 08-12-2014: 380yd Par 4. Left my second shot just 4-5 yards short of the green. Pin is in the middle of a back-to-front sloping green. Chunked my chip shot a little, but it just kept rolling, dropping into the cup. I was shocked, celebrated like Bubba Watson after his sandsave in the World Champs. My 3rd birdie, and my 1st chip-in! Guess I can say it has been 2 great weeks for me, a 28-29 handicapper!

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

On #2 of Kittyhawk GC's Eagle Course (Dayton, OH): After slicing off the tee, topping one, slamming another into some trees and punching out and shorting a PW, I was still 15 feet off the green and hitting bogey. I took an extra moment (yeah slow play, no one was behind me), stared at the sky, blew out a long breath and knocked the little bastard in with the PW. A nice little hop, rolled to the pin and tucked in. Greatest bogey ever.

All the rest of the bogeys that followed were much less satisfying.