IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Thursday evening with a friend, 3rd hole, 1 over, 385 yard 90 degree, right hand dogleg. Cut the dogleg over the OB with a 5 wood, 130 to the green uphill, 8 iron in to the left of green, 9 iron from the fringe (15 ft) for birdie!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Mine was at rocky point. i hit a nice tee shot on 2 which is a 430yd par 4. i had about 160 left but it bled alittle right on me and ended up about 20ft right behind a big pine tree. i couldn't get over it and make it to the green and to go arround would have to be a huge slice. so i decided to play a low cut 3 wood. the hard part was keeping it low enough cause when i hit a cut it usually go higher. but i hit it perfect nice little half swing and ran right up on the front of the green about 20 feet and two putted for par.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

odd par 5, if i hit anything more than a 4 iron ill run out of fairway.

so i hit my 6 iron to put myself into a good position to be in front on the green with a decent wedge into the green.

i flipped my teeshot and was behind a tree with low hanging limbs in front of me they were about a foot off the ground.

so i had to hit a fade under and around the tree.

so it was kind of a punch fade around the tree trying to get back into the fairway.

so i hit it faded around the tree back into the fairway about 200 yards further up and left myself a good shot into the green.

and i made out with par after it looked like i was going for +2 at best

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Par 3, usually plays about 150+ but the pin was way up in the front of the green. Hole is slightly down hill. I figured I had a little over 140 downhill. Hit a 9 iron, which usually would be not enough club for me, but I hit it well and actually accelerated through the ball for once. Made a nice crisp crack coming off the club, landed about 6-7 feet short of the flag.

Before the shot I almost pulled out the 8 iron, anticipating a miss-hit shot like I always do. Instead I said to myself "I'm hitting a 9iron, and I'm hitting it well." Seemed to work.

• Administrator

I had a few today, if we exclude a few birdie and par putts that I pured into the center. One was on the 9th hole. I missed way left and chipped back into the fairway. I had 84 yards to the pin, which was just on top of a large ledge. I flew my sand wedge well beyond the cup and pulled it back. It lipped out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was out playing an exec course with my best friend today. I've been teaching him how to play golf this year and this is a great learning course -- not busy and not long but tight and enough trouble to make it interesting.

We were working on chipping before the round today. On one par 3 I hit my tee shot just short and was about 35 ft. away in the first cut of the fringe. Couldn't really putt it so I asked my friend -- "What shot should I hit?" and he responded "Pitch and Run". Correct.

I pulled a 7i and stroked the ball... landed nice and soft, good speed... broke about a foot left and dropped in the lower right corner of the cup.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Hit the ball shagging cart at the range at the 215 mark with a four iron. Then the guy goes to the back of the range to pick up the long balls, and I hit him again with the driver 260 yards. He comes in to finish around the 100yrd mark and I get him on the top of the cart twice. Had never hit the cart until today.

Chipped in on the 10th hole for a birdie - also, on 17, drained a 30 foot snake for a birdie, as well.

Up until I birdied that hole, I was hoping to break 40 - but that birdie brought 36 into play, if only I'd birdie the last hole, a 560-something par 5, which I've birdied with a 3 iron before - missed the 20 footer by about an inch for the 36, though.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

80 foot birdie putt from the front of #12 at stoneridge, uphill all the way. Slight break left to right toward the cup. Nothing but the bottom of the clowns mouth. Capped a back to back to back birdie run for me on the back side. Too bad I almost shot 50 on the front.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

playing an already terrible terrible round, i hooked a tee shot on a par4 about 240yds with about 197 to go or so. had a slight wind at my back and a 45ft high maple in my way of the green. i said, screw it my round is already gone so i'll take the risk (still confident i could pull it off though). caught it beautifully with my 5iron and put it right over the maple and about 8ft away from the pin.

...my high went away when i 2 putted lol.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

my best shot of the week was on Thursday (only played 9) on #7 Par3 slighty up hill from 147yds out, used my 8 and placed it roughly 8ft away from the pin....settled for Par though.....

Last Thursday in my Company League. #8 - 165 yd. par 3. 6 Iron that never left the pin - straight at it the whole time. Landed 15 ft. short, pin high. Drained the putt for my first birdie of the year and won a sleeve of NXT Tours for closest to the pin.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

2ns shot on the Par 5 #5 yesterday, 3wood on a rope from 230 to 10'. lipped the eagle, tap in bird.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I played my best round of the year yesterday. If not for driving a ball too far and too straight on the first hole it would have been my first sub 40 on that course. I putted very well and was strong off the tee. I also narrowly missed a birdie chip and a 30 footer for birdie on back to back holes. Both balls ended within 3 inches of the cup. The best however came on the toughest hole on the course. In fact I mentioned it in a thread last week about holes that always get me. I hit a perfect tee shot that left me 210 out. My second missed just short and a little right. After a mediocre chip I was about 10 feet left and 5 feet above the hole on a green that slopes severely to the front. I aimed about 4 feet above the hole and tried to die the ball on that spot. It hit exactly where I aimed and released perfectly down the slope into the cup for my first par on the hole in two years. I followed that with pars on the next 4 holes. En route to a 40 after playing a provisional on the first. If only I could have hit my provisional ball first I would have finished with a 38.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
I don't know what my best shot today was. I hit a lot of pretty good shots followed up by some birdie putts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5-iron from a fairway bunker 178 yards out that landed 2 feet behind the pin and immediately checked up.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

#17 at The Willows, yesterday. I found myself about 10 yards to the right of the green on a severe downhill lie with a sand trap between me and the hole. I figured, what the heck, and tried this . Worked like a charm - lobbed it to 10 feet and holed the putt for the best par this year. My buddy was like "No F-'en way...", and no one else can believe it. Just really lucky, I guess. The lie was more severe than in the video, though.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...