IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

#14 approach Glenwood ... 195 yds out - can't see green - terrain is elevated.     Striped it - totally blind approach - rolled up pin high.     total luck, but at least it was executed well.

Well did you make the putt?  lol - It really doesn't matter, good shot!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best shot this week, was in a best ball tournament on Friday - Par 5 10th hole, blasted the drive down the middle and cut the corner right beside the 150 marker (really 155)....   We waited for the green to clear and I stuck the approach to 10 feet - MISSED PUTT - we still made birdie..

PS, standing at my ball, I shot the guys on the tee box while we were waiting for the green to clear...  318 yards!!!  No, I don't do that all the time, I got it up with a little help from the wind...

Guess I need to get in touch with an AimPoint instructor ...  lol

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Hole 15, round 2 of 4 of conference on Sunday. Probably about a 450 par 4, was crushing my driver all day and decided to get a little extra out of it and hooked it. I was on a downslope but not much of one, ball rested in all mud under a tree. Taking my stance there was a tree directly in front of me and another dead in my line if I were to hit at the pin, mind you I was +6 at this time so 90% of the time I would punch out and looking at the shot I had to hit I figured it would be nearly impossible since my normal ball flight is a 5 yard draw and I struggle to hit a fade. So anyway, I ranged the pin and I got 222, 205 to the front of the green and 176 to the tree line. So I aimed my feet at the left trees on the pond full well knowing if I did not at least slice the ball 40 yards I would be in the pond and hitting a 4I it would be in the water on the fly. I swung pretty hard and I crushed this ball I sliced it over those trees right of the pond which were probably 100 feet tall and sliced it about 70 yards in total to land 20 feet right of the pin for a birdie putt, I'll take a par.

Honorable mentions: 1st round of conference, started on 10 par 5 narrowed hole I've ever played, if you were in the fairway but 5 yards from the rough you'd have to lay up due to trees lining the entire hole. Blasted my drive on a line and hit a 5I approach from 216 out to an uphill pin. Put it to 10 feet or so and 2 putted for birdie, my only birdie of the first weekend.

2nd HM: Getting up and down 10 times in the first round lol, do not think I've ever had such a good short game coupled with my worst ball striking ever.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

I wrote about it on my thread, but this was the best shot I hit all year... so I wanted to add it here, too.

The 18th hole (shotgun start, so my 4th) is a 471 yard par 5 from the members (blue) tees.  I hit a decent drive that found the right-center side of the fairway.

The pin was up at the front of the green and tucked behind the pond shown in the picture below.  I had 217 to the center of the green and about 195 to the front of the green.  I hit my hybrid, starting it at the tree just short and left of the green, playing a fade back towards the pin.  It came off beautifully and hit just on the front of the green, scooted forward about 10 feet and stopped... leaving me a 9 foot uphill putt for eagle.

I sank that, dead center, earning myself a skin in the process!  It was nice to execute a shot like that, and it set the tone for my round.  I posted an 86 (+14), which is my best score on a par 70, 71 or 72 course since an 87 (+15) I posted in October of 2010.

CY

• Upvote 1

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Number 11 is a nifty little dogleg par4 that plays 348-378.  A long forced carry over deep bunkers is required to shorten the hole.  they're really deep making the approach blind if you don't carry them.   This is the green view after successfully flying the bunkers at the corner: If you succeed, this offers the better straight-in approach to the green.

If played the traditional safe way,(how I played the hole today)  the approach shot is far to the left of the above view and the left bunker must be carried..... and the green is presented at an awkward angle with a sloping away green.   Of course....I dumped my 2nd shot into the left bunker today, but it didn't matter!!!

JARRED IT!! ...on the fly.....for a 3.    LOL....my first holed greenside bunker shot of 2015 is in the books!    This obviously wasn't the best bunker shot because it surely would have rolled well past had it not flown directly into the cup, but it doesn't matter because it did IN FACT...GO IN.   LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Hit a hole in one (my first) on my birthday (28) this Sunday. 170 yard 6i that backed up about 2 feet right into the cup. Beautiful looking ball all of the way! Not a birthday I will forget any time soon.
  • Upvote 2

you backed a six-iron up?   LOL....I can't do that!   I can stick them from time to time, but backup..........doubtful!  nice job!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

you backed a six-iron up?   LOL....I can't do that!   I can stick them from time to time, but backup..........doubtful!  nice job!

There was some slope assistance to give me a hand, but it definitely came back a solid 2ft

My first eagle, 530 yard par 5. I hit my driver 315 yards ( wind behind ) then hit my 4 iron to 4 foot past, the people on the next tee box ( which is right behind the hole) said it missed by an inch. However the shot I'm talking about is holing the putt. Mr 40 putts per round was over the moon !!!

My first eagle, 530 yard par 5. I hit my driver 315 yards ( wind behind ) then hit my 4 iron to 4 foot past, the people on the next tee box ( which is right behind the hole) said it missed by an inch. However the shot I'm talking about is holing the putt. Mr 40 putts per round was over the moon !!!

Feels good, doesn't it?! :dance:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Last sunday was competition match, i played the foursomes pretty good, and started the single match well also

went 1up on the first and stayed there by decent golf and some good pars.

than hole 7 a long dogleg right par 4. The hole is pretty tight also, my tee shot slightly over drawed and hit a tree on the left,

i was still 200 yards away positive thing was i had a free swing. i took 4iron and hit a terrible slice short right of the green.

The flag was front right just behind the bunker, my opponent hit the green in 2 but had 23 feet to go.

My ball was in thick rough i had to go for the pin because i was thinking he would make par. i had about 40 yards to go, and took

my 58 wedge opened the club face a little and just thought accelerate trough the ball. The ball popped out nicely flew high it carried the bunker

and landed just on the green, i had about 8 feet to save my par and the hole. i could see the look on my opponents face, as if damn i didn't expect that, he 3 putted and i holed out to win the hole, this kind off was the key hole in the match, i won 8 and 9 and 12 14 to end the match

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

My shot of the week was my approach shot on #18 at Pheasant Ridge in Gibsonia, PA.

I came to #18 with 75 strokes and needed par to break 80. The last two rounds I had similar opportunities at River Forest in Freeport, but couldn't get the job done and shot 80 and 81.

I hit my drive in the fairway and had 160 yards, uphill, to a green with a bunker and woods on the left, and a bunker on the right. As states, I was in a similar position during my last two rounds and came up short of my goal. This time it was different. I had a slightly downhill lie and hit the ball in the middle of the clubface with a 5 iron. The ball flew straight as an arrow and ended up on the back of the green 25 feet from the pin. I cozied the first putt to within 18 inches and tapped in for par.  I love this game. :-D

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Final hole of my home course (par 4 379 yards), I hit my 2nd shot right of the green under a tree, near the trunk. I walk over to the ball and I can't even make a swing or chip with my wedge. There's also a little hill I had to get over and the green's sloping down and away from me. I'm about 50 feet away from the hole.

So I take out my 3 wood, aim for the little hill, and take a small jab at the ball. It comes out from under the tree, hits off the hill and bounces up a bit, lands on the green and rolls to about 7 feet. I make the putt for one of my best up and downs ever.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

35' chip in with SW from slightly below green.    2 hops and BANG - hit base of pion ...stopped it like a backboard

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

2 shots - 1st hole played on Friday I hit a fairway and GIR to 12 feet. The birdie putt was a big hooking uphill putt. Center cut. Loved it.

next shot - 178 yard par 3 with about 10 mph left to right wind in my face. Visualized and planned a 6 iron cut into the wind. Aimed just left of the green, hit it pure, and watched the thing sail right at the damn pin, plopping about 20 feet past the hole perfectly in line. Only a par, but that was the best executed shot I can recall in a long time.

As a bogey golfer I've spent the last couple of years using a 7 wood off the tee. It goes almost 200 yards and two straight 7 wood shots in a row is a thing of beauty. But this year I bought new clubs and I'm working on my swing so I put my 3 wood in the bag.

I hit a great 3 wood 240 yards on the first hole today. Really surprised myself. You gotta love the feel of hitting a club in the sweet spot and have it not be a pull.

Had an awful front nine today and a nearly great back nine except for a triple after 2 straight pars but on the 18th it was a 525 yard par 5 with water all along the right side and I crushed my drive and had 222 to the pin, 195 to carry the water and I hit a solid hybrid that rolled just off the back of the green and I chipped on to about 8 feet and sunk the putt for my first birdie of the day and last. Always nice to string together a few good shots on the 18th

I watched a video the other day about swinging nice and easy, forgot about it till the 15th hole yesterday. My round was awful and the wind/rain had me exhausted. We had let the only group behind us past and I thought I had nothing to lose in trying It out. I narrowed my stance a couple inches and took a few practice swings. When I hit my drive, it went perfectly straight and sailed nicely to about 245-250 yards and bounced/rolled to just past 260 yards. I couldnt believe how effortless the swing was for how far it went. I hit around 220-240 yards max. This was definitely my farthest to date. Now I really want to work this into my swing, so all my shots feel like that.