IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Torrey Pines North Course Yesterday 5/27/15. Had a hole in 1 on the 175 yard 17 hole. Bought lots of drinks. It was well worth it.

• Upvote 1

It's been a long time since I've had one to crow about.

After one of my best drives and a half-decent 3W on the Par 5, #2 at Kittyhawk GC's Hawk Course. I had 120 to the green. My 8-iron was dead-on. It bounced once and stopped two feet from the cup. Birdie is pretty rare for me, so that easy tap in was sweet.

510 yard Par 5. Hit a good drive in the first cut. Had 220 in with a slight breeze at my back Pin on the right hand side in the back on a shelf. Hit a perfect high cutting 5 iron to 15 feet. Easy two putt birdie.

Best 5 iron I have hit on the course, ever.

290 yd drive plus 220 with the five iron. Nice shooting. Very impressive. Usually when I get a good first shot I either skull the ball or my club hits the dirt before contacting the ball on my second shot

Long par 5 at a local course. Bad slice off the tee. 2nd shot, horrible swing and bad contact, went 50 yards but right. Had two massive trees blocking my view but a small opening to hit through. Thought I had no chance. Solid 5 iron right through and onto the back of the green. Left a long putt, but just to reach with narrow gap made my round

Played Torrey Pines North Course Yesterday 5/27/15. Had a hole in 1 on the 175 yard 17 hole. Bought lots of drinks. It was well worth it.

nice ace !!!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Second hole yesterday I had the best drive I have ever pulled off. Its a 327 yard par 4 and I connected perfectly and the ball landed 35yds from the green. I actually had the best driving round with most of them going right on target. Felt awesome to hit it that far for the first time. Sucks I chipped over the green missing my birdie chance. I chipped it back on and one putted to save par.

I went out late Saturday afternoon and planned on walking nine.   The weather started to get nasty with dark clouds and winds picking up.  I was playing pretty decent and new I was having a round way under my handicap.  Got to number 6 (323 par 4) and hit a really high ball that was tailing towards the woods.  It looked like it came straight down between the main woods and trees 10 yards out.  Not good so I hit a provisional anyway and it went the other way.  lol   I get down to were I thought my ball was and wandered around a bit and finally seen it in a depression covered with long grass.  I decide to make a play on without taking a penalty to move it along.  I can't really make a shot towards the hole because there are too many big trees in the way.  I had to hit a very steep angle 7i out and it only went 94 yards but in the fairway.  I'm like 75 yards to the middle of the upward sloping green.  The pin is near the front with two sand bunkers in front.  I swing my PW to 9:00 and hit it nice and clean.  She was flying high too.  It hits the front of the green and keeps rolling and finally stops about 1 foot from the hole.  Man that felt good to let the loft of the club do all the work.  I hurry over to find my provisional ball because mother nature wants to spoil my round in the very worst way.  I line it up anyway because I have pushed these things way too many times in the past.  Nice par after two dismal strokes to start the hole.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Pheasant Ridge Golf Course, Valencia, PA

Hole #6 - Par 4

Hit my tee shot a little to far left and had an awkward approach that was 50 yards short of the pin.

Hit a lob wedge into the hole for a birdie.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Yesterday on a 185yd par 3

Tee shot was topped and rolled down the fairway.  I had about 100 yds uphill left.  Hit a PW high and had it drop wonderfully about 5' from the hole.  Made the par putt

I was playing a 390 yard par 4 with a water hazard on the right and tree line down the left side. I have a hard time hitting this fairway ( I just can't visualize my slight fade with that water hazard over there) and once again hit a poorly struck pull-hook onto the cart path adjacent to the tree line on the left. I took my drop but it left me on a hook lie still inside the tree line. The lie was helpful as the only way I could get the ball anywhere near the green was with a hook or a draw. If it doesn't draw it goes into the hazard on the right of the hole. I had about 170 yards to a back pin and I hit a solid 6-iron that drew perfectly, landed in the middle of the green and rolled to the back, about 15 feet from the pin. The best part was the incredulous reaction of my opponent, who then proceeded to miss the green from 125 yards out.

Bill M

Hit a drive into some woods on a par 4. Bare lie with roots all over the place. Low branch in front of me. 120 yards to the green with a bunker on the right and water protecting the left half of the green. Played a 7 iron back in my stance, hit a punch that landed in front of the green and bounced several times stopping 3 feet short of the pin. Made the putt for a routine birdie.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

A buddy got me on New Jersey National & rough was up bigtime.     Hitting fairways was paramount ... played a par 5 dogleg really well - solid drive, above average hybrid to 70 yds, really good approach & made birdie putt.   Its just a pleasure when execute 4 good shots in a row ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I completely shanked my 5i drive on #17 last night....

wait, that wasn't my best shot, in fact, it was the worst shot of the round - I'm writing about the 2nd shot.  I missed the tee shot by so much that I still had about 55 yards to the hole - elevated and very sloped green, over a big trap.  From the rough.

To even get close, I'd have to land a high flyer on the near right corner of the green, but within a couple feet of the edge - anything short would roll all the way back down - anything longer would leave a very long and difficult putt (at least in my mind).

It just looked right and I pulled the trigger - 60 degree (LW) just as visualized - it rolled to 18 inches

YAY - toughest up and down of the day

Bill - 

161 yard 9 iron to about 15 feet, putting for bogey. Best ball strike in a long time. The iron shot actually was straight with a slide fade. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Got a bit frustrated when my tee shot on the 375 yd par 4 sliced off to the right and behind a grouping of trees. For my second shot the best I could do was to hit back out onto the fairway which left me with 150 yards to the pin. On my third shot I hit my 6 iron to within two feet of the cup and was able to putt it in to save par.

I also birdied a short 265 yd.par four when I made a 30 foot putt from 2 feet off the green. Then I saved par on the final hole which is a 135 yd par 3 when I chipped my ball from 5 ft. off the green to within a foot of the cup