IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Had several memorable shots today for the 9 holes I played. #1 was my tee shot on a 130 yd. par 3 which sat 10 feet from the pin, which then allowed me to sink the putt for my only birdie of the day. #2 Was a 35 yd. pitch shot which ended up 18 inches from the hole, which allowed me to putt it in for par. #3 Was a 25 yd. pitch shot which ended up 2 feet from the cup and allowed me to putt it in for par

Today's results

bogey

birdie

triple bogey

par

bogey

double bogey

par

bogey

double bogey

I finished satisfied with my results on 6 of the 9 holes.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 5 in a tournament this weekend. Hit a great drive down the left leaving me 220 uphill to a green with traps everywhere. Hit my 7wood to the exact part of the green I was aiming at and two putted for birdie. 7 woods are amazing.
  • Upvote 1

This actually happened on June 12 (a month ago) but I'm still buzzed by it.  On the first hole of my local par three course I pulled out my seven iron (yeah, seven, not a strong hitter) and bounced the ball off a little hill off the left side of the green. The ball bounced onto the green and rolled into the hole for my first ace.  I've been playing 50 years, so I think it was about time :-)

• Upvote 1

This actually happened on June 12 (a month ago) but I'm still buzzed by it.  On the first hole of my local par three course I pulled out my seven iron (yeah, seven, not a strong hitter) and bounced the ball off a little hill off the left side of the green. The ball bounced onto the green and rolled into the hole for my first ace.  I've been playing 50 years, so I think it was about time :-)

What was the yardage for that hole?

Had a 160 yard shot on an uphill par 3 at Seven Oaks in Brighton, PA. Pushed it right, left with a 15 yd pitch to a green with a severe downslope and the pin maybe 4 paces on. Hit a high flop with my 58*, and dunked it in the hole for a birdie. It probably would have rolled off the green if it didn't land in that exact spot
  • Upvote 1

Par 3/154, my buddy hits a beautiful tee shot that comes to rest 4" from the pin, I put mine 10 yards short into knee high sawgrass. I have almost zero backswing so I chop at it and it rockets out at the speed of light, flies directly over my buddy's ball, nails the stick and drops in! He dropped to the ground and rolled down the hill laughing and then was pissed because I stole his thunder lol. :-D
  • Upvote 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

No pictures because I didn't think to take out my camera, but it wouldn't have shown up well anyway. My first round recovering from shoulder tendonitis since May 19. The first time I swung a club since then, too.

First hole. Par 5, 419 yds. I chose to hit a 5 iron just because I didn't want to hit a driver straight away without a warm up. Dead center of the fairway about 200 yds out - they're baked because of the hot weather we had so it carried about 180 and rolled a good 20 yds. Second shot six iron - got hold of it about 175 carry and it rolled up onto the green. Missed the 18 ft eagle putt. Tap in for birdie.

• Upvote 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

No pictures because I didn't think to take out my camera, but it wouldn't have shown up well anyway. My first round recovering from shoulder tendonitis since May 19. The first time I swung a club since then, too. First hole. Par 5, 419 yds. I chose to hit a 5 iron just because I didn't want to hit a driver straight away without a warm up. Dead center of the fairway about 200 yds out - they're baked because of the hot weather we had so it carried about 180 and rolled a good 20 yds. Second shot six iron - got hold of it about 175 carry and it rolled up onto the green. Missed the 18 ft eagle putt. Tap in for birdie.

Nice! I only parred that hole tonight. For some reason I've been ending up down in the other fairway off the tee. That hole used to be my "get to it in two" easy hole. At least I'm parring it I guess.

• Upvote 1

Last night in league I pushed my first drive a good 35 yards to the left and was in jail from about 180 yards out. There's a bunker protecting the front left corner of the green in which I had to carry as the pin was tucked nicely behind it. The shot itself was a high 25 yard draw that I need to get up in time to clear some 30 foot trees in front of me. I took out my 7 iron and struck the ball- knew it was good on impact. I ran back into the fairway to see if I had hit it well enough and was able to catch my ball attacking the pin at a perpendicular angle to the fairway. I was left with about a 15 foot putt that I lipped out, but it was still an extremely comfortable par considering where I had put my tee shot.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

• Administrator

I made a 35-foot putt yesterday that broke about four feet and never looked like anything but going in. The rest were "meh".

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18th Hole - 457yd Par 5. I was 130yds out in 2 shots (After a stray drive). I was in a big ditch, playing off of an uphill lie to a green I could not even see the flag of. Lined up my 8 iron to fade it with the wind to the pin. Hit it clean and it went high and faded perfectly. Ended up 30ft past the pin. Lagged my first putt to within 2ft of the hole for an easy tap-in par. Was my best approach shot of the day, and that off of a total blind lie.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

The scenario:

- 45 yards out

- in fairly heavy rough

- bunker protecting entire front of green

- pin short sided.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??

I pulled a 64 degree ultra lob wedge, swung about 3/4 hard & went upstairs ... landed and stuck about a foot from the pin - tapped in with the wedge.   Pure awesomeness

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Drove a par 4 in my club's member/member tournament. Just pulled the driver and aim at the spot where it will funnel to the green. 18 feet for eagle , just cut in front of the hole on a putt that broke about 8 inches. 330, playing effectively 290.

—Adam

• Administrator
Made a 90-foot snake of a putt today. In FootGolf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets