IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My best shot on Sunday was a 220 yard 3 iron to about 20 ft on a par 5. Miraculously I 2 putted and got a birdy. Putting kills me usually.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Short, 290 yard par-4 with water coming in from the right at 155 yards or so. Hit an 8iron off the tee and blocked it right a bit leaving another 8 iron into the green over the water. My second shot went almost to the back fringe, about 45 feet from the cup. I read about two cups right-to-left and for once got the speed right. It actually went left of the hole until about 4 feet before the hole and then back right into the hole for birdie. Woohoo! My third birdie since last Friday.

This happened while playing at Stone Mountain Golf Club ( www.stonemountaingolf.com ) last weekend. This happened on the 11th hole. First you had layup downhill about 150-160 yards. Then after that you had to hit it over a lake and onto the other side where the green was. It was a good 200-210 yards to the green. I grabbed my 6 iron and take some practice shots and give it a go. I topped the ball kinda bad and it came out as a line drive that had no chance of clearing the lake. Well the ball hit in the lake, bounced up, hit a rock, and landed on the green. About 30-35 feet from the flag. I then went on to make the putt for a birdie!? The hole was a par4.

how lucky/good was that? At least I felt good and not lucky about the 30 foot putt.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

I played for the first time in over a month last night. Only got out early enough to play the front, but oh well. I hit the driver like crap the first 3 holes, but pulled up to the 4th, a 390 yrd par 4, and really drilled it. The hole goes over a small hill, so I didn't see where the ball ended up. When I got over the hill I was only about 70 yards out. I still chipped like crap and 3 putted for bogey, but the drive was my best in a quite a while. Granted the course was dry as hell and even worm burners were going 250.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Today on the last hole. 70 yrds. out lieing three but my ball has run through the fairway, through the rough, into the woods. Have something of a lie, and a wall of trees in front. Only window is about 4 feet wide and goes straight towards to the bunker. Play a 6 iron punch, into the hill slightly above the bunker, it hops up, rolls about 10 feet, 8 ft short of the pin. Horeshoe lipout for the par, oh well.

The 14th hole at Bloomingdale http://www.bloomingdalegolf.com/page...4&course;_id=10 is a PAR 5 which plays as a dog leg right. There is a pond in the middle of the fairway within Driver reach so you usually hit a 3 wood/hybrid depending on the wind up to the corner. Your second shot is usually from anywhere around 250 depending on your drive. Well I hit my Hybrid (see signature) off the tee and pushed it dead right. When I got down there I had a lie (in between trees) and decided to just punch out into the fairway. So now I am sitting at 225/230 out. I decide to hit my Hybrid again thinking if I hit it pretty good I could be around the green. Well I stripe it and it starts out heading right at the pin but then starts to fade a little bit. As it comes down it hits the back side of the bunker (which is right and in front of the green) not in the bunker but on the backside and kicks toward the hole. I kind of lost sight of it and my playing partner starts jumping up and down saying "I think it went in the hole". Well sure enough when we get down to the green, it is in the hole as an EAGLE from 225 out. SWEET!!!

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Shot of the week, Ok Erik you'll know this one. Played Sharon CC today
hooked my driver on 17th into the right rough/and some trees. I know go figure i missed it left again. I had 115 to green and had to get it up quick. I laced my SW to about 2 ft short and just left bounced and stopped behind the cup 2.5 ft behind. Money shot.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

Best shot of the week? I think this has been one of the best weeks for me as far as sticking it close to the pin more than once. Earlier this week, I took Monday off and played one of our local courses. Par 3, about 150 yards, stuck my tee shot to within 2 feet.

Then yesterday, had my work tournament (scramble). I won the closest to the pin contest. Par 3, 165 yards, stuck it to 26 inches. Then later in the same day we had an approach shot from 145 yards away, I somehow managed to stick it within 2 feet again.

And I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but I had my golf league tournament today, and we had two closest to the hole contests. On the first one, a 180 yard par 3, I put it 12 ft, 7 in. (that one, however got beat). Later in the day today, I put another one 23 inches from the pin on a 170 yard hole. I swear to God I am not making this up. My driver was so-so, had a few good ones. But the irons... man, it was lights out. I am still rather in awe at how well I hit my irons this week.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

Hmm.. I'd have to say my 2nd shot on the first hole last thursday.. Hit my drive into the rough, only went about 150 because it hit some trees.. but it got a nice bounce and didnt have any trees in front of it. So, I pulled out my 3 iron, and sliced the ball around the trees and almost made it onto the green. Overall I think I bogey'd that hole. Oh well.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

today, july 30...i got home from work with about an hour left of daylight. i live on my local golf course in which i am a memeber, and loaded up my cart and went out to practice a couple of holes. i played a few holes, and just before dark, i went out to the 100 yard marker on number 7 and dropped 10 balls in the fairway. pulled out my 52* cleveland and hit a few wedges in at the pin. it was so dark, i couldn't see where my ball was landing from 100 yards away. on my 10th and final shot, i saw it leave and knew it would be close. then i heard it clip the pin! i rode up to the green and started counting balls as i got closer. i counted 9 balls, and i knew then it was in the hole. i walked up, and low and behold, the ball mark was 2 ft. directly behind the hole, and the ball was in the cup. too bad it wasn't a true hole-out eagle, even though that's where my tee- shot usually ends up on the short par 4...
**In the Bag**

R7 Quad M.A.S Stiff 8.5*
975F UST Pro Force S 65 14.5*
Rescue Dual Hybrid TM Graphite S 22*RAC TP coin forged 2 iron Steel SRAC LT Irons 4-PW Steel StiffCG 10 Black Pearl GW 52*CG 10 Satin SW 56*Rossa Monza Corza 33.5"R7 Staff Bag 9.5" & TP Red golf balls

14th hole at Flanders Valley (NJ), hit my drive into the first cut and had about 152 left on a Par 4. I hit a solid 8 and the result is the attached picture. Camera phones are great....

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

I was on a 150 yd par 3 today - pulld out my 8 iron aimed for the flag - landed right behind the pin - rolled back towards the flag - got to the green and had a 2 foot putt for birdie - then i putt and the ball sits on the edg eof the hole and doesnt go in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was best shot was today at hole 14, Club Championships and i was hitting my driver decent so far on the round. I stepped up after i had honors, and just felt good. took 1 practice swing then lined it up. The 14th is a long 400yrd par 4 - dog leg left. I aimed left to cut some of the corner and just smashed my drive. when i got up to my ball i was centre fairway about 75 yards out. Second shot i placed about 15ft out, and 2 putted for par.

This shot changed my round, and I played solid out

It would have to be the 320 yard drive I had on #8 at Fox Run. It's a 350 yard par 4, the second half is down hill, so it plays a bit shorter. The drive went over the twosome ahead (they were real pricks about it). I was only a chip away - skulled the chip to 20 feet, and made the birdie putt.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

It would have to be the 320 yard drive I had on #8 at Fox Run. It's a 350 yard par 4, the second half is down hill, so it plays a bit shorter. The drive went over the twosome ahead (they were real pricks about it). I was only a chip away - skulled the chip to 20 feet, and made the birdie putt.

i overshot a group ahead of me this weekend as well, it was a bomb of a drive... they weren't mad, they were impressed ha.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Played the canyon side of meadowbrook on friday, and hole #8 I thought was gonna be my best shot of the day when I put it about 15 feet in 2 on the 477 yrd par 5. I was about 210 out and nutted a 4-iron, the green is two tiered and the hole was in the front part of the green....ball slams into the slope and rolls back down nice and easy. The putt broke like crazy though and I was only able to 2-putt for birdie...oh well.

That I assumed would be my highlight of the day....until....we step up to #15 a 170 yrd par 3 slightly uphill over a creek. Pin is tucked way in the back, we assumed it played about 180 that day, so I decided on a 6-iron. Stepped up and aimed about 5yrds right of the hole, thinkin' a draw was the play today.....nutted it right on line....starts to slide to the left ALL over the pin. At this point I just hope I have the right stick....boom digs into the green, no joke, 2 inches past the hole and spins back 5 inches burning the right edge of the cup. 3-inch birdie putt!!!, thought for for sure that was an ace, oh well....

In addition, the guys on the next tee box were right beside the green and actually clapped the hole way down their fairway as we were driving up ours....nice touch, still wish it woulda gone in .

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

Ripped my drive down the right side of the fairway on the par 4 2nd hole, and was left with about 90 yards to the green. Huge wind against, so I decided to take out my 7 iron. Caught it sweet and flew through the air, but the wind took it to about 15ft, so I had to settle for par, but the shot with the 7 iron was caught so good that it was my best shot.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

last weekend on the 18th hole, i pulled my tee shot and had about 155 yards to the hole. I was in the rough and the ball was below my feet. I hit an easy 7 iron and stuck it about 6 feet past the hole. Sank a nice right to left downhill putt to get the birdie. First time I've ever finished a round with a birdie.