IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

#3, short par 4, 270 up hill. My drive started way off to the right and the draw carried it to the left edge of the putting surface. Actually, it was more of a hook than anything else, but it got the job done. Drained the putt for my first eagle, ever.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I was on a 150 yd par 3 today - pulld out my 8 iron aimed for the flag - landed right behind the pin - rolled back towards the flag - got to the green and had a 2 foot putt for birdie - then i putt and the ball sits on the edg eof the hole and doesnt go in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats insane.. I did the same thing, 150 yard par 3, pulled out my 8 iron, came maybe 10 feet short. That was my shot of hte day [on tuesday]

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

my shot of the week was actually hitting a green on a par 3 today with my 6 iron :) finally hit it straight, and finally got the par 3 GIR.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

My 4iron and I have had some good moments the last few days.

2 days ago, I threw a ball down at about 200Y to test my distance (I'd struggled with my long iron distance on the previous day). Hit a shot that was as straight and solid as could be with a beautiful trajectory. It landed about 1.5 foot short, dead on line, and ended up within 8 inches to the right of the pin, and just passed. It MUST have hit the pin.

And in a regulation round today I found myself in a fairway bunker about 190 to the pin. Again, a dart of a 4iron. Not at the pin, and it ended up about 2 feet, but it was a thing of beauty to watch fly.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I hit a nice 9 Iron to 12 feet on the 140 yard 3rd. It's over water and has a two tiered green. The pin was back left and I hit an easy draw that landed about 20 feet right and roled nicely towards the cup. I made the birdie putt which helped to soften the blow of my 3 putt bogey from 15 feet on the 2nd.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Hole Number 12 is at the University of Michigan Golf Course is a long 246 yard par 3. I hit the four iron of my life there this past week to about 2 feet. If it would have had cut spin on it it would have gone in...!!!

dmz

In My Bag:
Driver: 975J, 9.5, Grafalloy ProLite 3.5+ (tipped)
3 wood:
F-50, 15, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Irons: TA3 Form Forged, True Temper Dynamic Gold, 3-PW Wedges: Tour Action REG. 588, 51 & 60 RTG, 56 Chrome Putter: Studio Style, Newport 1.5 Ball: ProV1*

170 yard par 3, using a 6-iron I stuck within 2 feet. wish I could bottle that.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

well i guess ill say the first one was my own forever best happened about a week ago. I was about 60 yards out on a par 4 right off the fairway. Hit a shot a little lower than I wanted but the green sloped up towards me a good bit so the ball hit and rolled about 30 feet into the cup. first time I had ever chipped in from that far. The second would be last weekend i was playing with a buddy at a course I hadnt been to in 4 years or so. There was a dogleg right with a green only a short, 275 away. My buddy plays a pretty mean hook so he decided to play it WAY over the trees on the right hoping that it would come back in ok. well, it did, he caught a good bounce and put it on the green about 10 feet from the hole. one of the most amazing amateur shots ive ever seen considering the circumstances.
Driver905R Proforce V2 Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood906f2 Proforce V2 Stiff 15*
Hybrid:CPR Stiff 18*
Irons: DCI 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52*,56*,60*Putter: Futura or Redneck BubbaBall: Pro V1

165 yard par 3 18th hole. Very downhill so it plays about 135ish. Trees straight ahead of you up until about 30 yards before the green. Took out a 9 iron and pitched it about 5 yards before the green, it rolled down the bank and went to about 10 ft, putt almost dropped but it went about an inch past to the right, knocked it in for par.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

On the par 4 #10, my tee shot ends up in the sand, about 120 to the pin. Pick it perfect out of the bunker, it lands about 15' behind the pin in zips back to about 2" for a tap-in bird.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

The first hole on the course I usually play at is about a 350 yard, par 4, that has a 90 degree dogleg to the right. You have to hit it 200 yards to get a look at the green, so I took my 3-wood and faded the ball over the turn. Unfortunately, I caught it so pure (imagine that) that it went to far and ended up in the rough. About 120 away, I took an 8 iron and punched it to the hole. I landed on the front and rolled all the way across the green and ended up lipping out of the hole.

Two weeks ago - 165 yd. par 3. Caught my tee shot fat and put it in the creek that protects the front of the green. Drop a ball - first shot in play with my brand new 60* lob wedge - blade it over the green. Green slopes back to front and the pin is in the back so I have no way of getting it close. I play a decent little pitch to about 30 ft. below hole. Lying 4 now. I could easily 3-putt this for a 7, but instead I hit the left-to-right breaker perfectly, tracking to the hole the whole way, drop it dead center of the cup for a most-satisfying double-bogey.

Last week, different 170 yd. par 3. I hit my tee shot just over the green, about a foot into the rough, about 20 feet from the hole. I play a nice smooth chip with my 60* lob wedge, great trajectory, great speed, looking like it's going to be close, but left of the hole, about a foot or two out, it starts breaking towards the hole, and then dies right in! Birdie Chip in! Gotta love writing 0 putts down on the card.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Maybe not the best; definitely the luckiest.

Last Thursday I was playing a three-man scramble with my dad and one of his co-workers. The 10th hole is a very short par 4, about 215 yards from the middle tees. There's a lake right in front of the tee extending maybe 85-100 yards. I hit a 5-wood off the blade and sent the ball shooting out over the water. It skipped about 20 feet from the opposite side, hit the rocks on the embankment and popped up in the air. It came to rest dead-center of the fairway about 50 feet in front of the green. That turned out to be the best out of the three of us, and we proceed to make par, feeling at once very fortunate and yet disappointed that we couldn't make birdie.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

12th hole, par 4 about 380. Hit a poor 3 iron off the tee with about 152 yards to the green, left side of the fairway. As I approached my ball, I realized I would have to lean against a tree and put the ball inside of another tree to get it out safely. The pin was front right, and I could not fade the ball because of the low overhang covering the left side of the fairway. My only choice was to hit the draw with my 8 and hope for a safe third shot. Struck it pure and caught a good role and put it 4 feet from the hole to the right. Blew the putt.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

Today--Shot a 47(36) on the front and up until I totaled my score, I didn't know what I was shooting on the back. I hit the GIR on the 18th hole (541yd par 5) with a PW from about 120 but came up a little short and was about 40ft away for my birdie putt. And whatdya know...I sank dat b*tch!

The hole: terrible tee shot that went about 200yds. chunked my next 1 wood a little and that went about 220ish. left with approx. 120 for my PW.

why i love par 5's: you don't need great shots to get the GIR lol

p.s - shot a 40(36) on the back for a 15-over-87

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

yesterday (Tuesday the 7th) on #13 a Par 3 a 141yds over water, hit the tee shot in the right sand trap next to the green, (Pin High of course )went in and nailed a SW to roughly 2 ft away from the pin.....took a Par on the hole......I was pleased with the sand shot

i was 135 yards out and hit an 8 iron a foot away from the cup today

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black