IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Approach on 18 from behind the 150-bush (laying 3 as my first tee ball landed somewhere in the next town over).  Direct line was completely blocked out, but was able to aim wayyy to the left and rocket a low, hooking line-drive (left handed player) with a 7-iron under the branches.  Cleared the pond, bounced into the up-slope a couple times and settled about 2-feet from the pin.  It sounds like the old Jordan/Bird McDonald's commercials, and would have never tried it if my score wasn't already shot to hell that day...sure was fun to pull it off though!  

Edited by Let it Fly
  • Upvote 1

- Bill

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best shot of the week happened today on my home hole, #13 at Northdale. It was mud ball today and I was hitting my fourth shot from 50 yards with pin in back of uphill slope. I grabbed PW and chipped it. It hit in center high side and rolled, and rolled, and rolled in for a par

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

Holed out my wedge second shot on #15 at Polo Fields for an eagle during the last day of our club's championship.  Didn't help me much in the standings but the skin money took away some of the hurt. ;-)

Brian Kuehn

245 yard par 3 straight uphill. You can only see the flag from the tee box. There are fewer pitch marks up there than there have been men on the moon.

Nailed it with my 5w.

"One small step for..."

• Upvote 1

Nailed a 3/4 SW from about 85 yards out right of the pin about 1'. 

To make it even better, it was on the hardest hole on the course and gave me a tap in birdie.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Slippery lag putt on a very steep green to within two feet.  the other guy with the similar putt ended rolling off the green and down a hill.  That one was nice.  Lots of good shots this weekend, hard to pick.

Bill - 

Have actually 4 shots from Sunday that could qualify, which I guess is a good problem to have.  I'll pick 2 because neither of these was I actually even attempting to reach the green.

1.  245 yard 3-wood to 15', converted the eagle putt.  Had hit a pretty poor drive so I thought I was 265, didn't bother to scope it.  Just grabbed the stick and pounded it playing for a short pitch.  When my bud told me it was on, I measured it at 245 so must have hit driver better than I thought.

2.  7I from 172 out of a steep bunker to 12'.  I hit my 7I 160 usually but I had a 4' lip to clear so I took the most club I thought I could while covering that lip.  Never dreamed it could actually get there.  Melted it, probably the highest shot I've hit in a year and couldn't believe it when it landed just short and left of the green, rolled onto the green, pin-high.  Missed the putt.

It was a good day.

Edited by Gunther
  • Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

9th hole - short 250 yd par 4. I didn't play my cut left enough and ended up a little short of the green and right in the rough about 30 yds from the flag. Pulled my 64 degree and hit a flop shot that landed and stopped about 4 feet from the hole. One putted - birdie.

• Upvote 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator

I drove the ball well today, but the best single shot was probably a chippy 8I from 143 to four feet for a birdie…

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1161074?shot_id=74194505&hole_id=27228804

On Sunday I had to hit a hybrid under one tree and then over a bunch of other trees some number of yards (40? 60?) farther down. I hit it 240 or so and to a very small area just in front of the green for a two-putt birdie.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1157316?shot_id=73943740&hole_id=27178047

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 9/6/2016 at 10:34 AM, Slice of Life said:

Nailed a 3/4 SW from about 85 yards out right of the pin about 1'. 

To make it even better, it was on the hardest hole on the course and gave me a tap in birdie.

Similar for me tonight, except it the tap in was for par and it was 98 yards. Didn't realize it was as close as it was until we drove up to the green. Par usually pays out a skin but I didn't get in the skins tonight as not everyone showed up.

2016-09-08 19.32.08.jpg

• Upvote 2

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played outstanding this last Friday.  I hit every green in GIR except for 4.  (odd for me, magical round).  And those 4 were all VERY close to the green and I got up and down on 3 of them, just left the 4th shot short and couldn't sink the putt.  Best shot wasn't one of those, nor the good mid length putts I was making, nor the 14 of 18 fairways that I hit (yeah, I'm bragging, I don't play like this normally. - but it's important to set up the story.)

I'd say this is the ONLY bad strike I had the entire round.

9th hole - about 135 yards - easy shot, full 9i.  Short story - I fat it a little,  and I pull it a LOT (left probably 30 yards - completely nowhere near the green, probably also 10 yard short).

......it hits the end of the cart path and bounces hard right and away from me......to end up on the green leaving me a long lag put.  2 putt to par.

so it was that kind of day - my worst hit of the round was the best shot of the round

better lucky than good

Bill - 

After hooking my tee shot, I had a downhill lie from around 200 yards out, to an uphill green. One of my most feared shots, especially with a 4 iron...

The setting was awesome - the approach shot just looked cool at twilight with the sun going down in the background, and I felt inspired.

Was trying to hit a high fade onto the green, but I ended up hitting a push just high enough to clear the hill, and stop on the right fringe. Led to a very unlikely par.

Yesterday I got a quick nine in and had two memorable shots:

First one: I had been struggling with short chips and after about an hour and a half of practice on Thursday, it pays off here. I was about 25 yards from the hole and needed to get it close to salvage bogey. I hit the shot and it looks a little hot, it takes two bounces and on the third it checks hard 6 inches from the hole.

Second: On our slight dogleg right, par 5, 8th hole, hit through the fairway, into the rough of the adjacent hole. I have to hit through a gap of trees towards the fairway, aiming about 35 degrees to the right of the flag. I want to get enough yardage to be able to go for the green on my third. I set up for a hard draw with my 3 iron. The shot is executed perfectly, a 200 yard draw shot to the center of the fairway that is 66 yards from the hole. I hit the next shot to 12 feet and made the birdie put.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Par 5, 2nd shot ends up in thick rough on a steep-ish downslope...green 150 yards away over a small creek. 

Smack an 8 iron with a high fade and it hits the green and rolls right past the pin. Walk up, based on the ball mark and where the ball ended up it looked like I missed an eagle by about 2-3 inches. Missed the birdie putt of course lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)