IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

2 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

Par 4, 440 yards from the up tees.  Hit driver about 220.  Next shot was 3 wood to the front of the green. 2 putt birdie.  

Sounds like a par, but would feel like a birdie at that distance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 really solid shots from my round yesterday.

First was a 190 yd par 3, flag tucked about 8 or 9 feet off the right edge of the green. I aimed right at the center of the green, absolutely flushed a 6 iron as good as I've ever hit a 6 iron, pushed it a little bit, ended up exactly pin high 6 feet to the right of the flag, had less than a foot of roll from its' ball mark. Sunk the putt for a birdie.

Second was an approach shot to a par 5. I had 245 left, and was a couple feet off the edge of the fairway and had some really low overhanging tree branches about 20 feet in front of me and a pond that intersected the fairway about 30 yds further up. The rough wasn't bad at all so I had a clean look at the ball, so the plan was to hit a punch 3 iron under the tree branches and let it roll up hoping it would go like 150-200 yds or so.

Moved the ball back in my stance, kept weight and hands forward, gave it a solid swing and watched the ball start out under the tree branches then as soon as it cleared the branches it started to rise and ended up landing just short of the green and rolled through the green to the back fringe. I was shocked that it managed to go that far. The ball flight looked like one of those "stinger" videos that people post on social media, it was really cool to see (even if it was somewhat unintentional)

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

235 out on a 2nd shot to a par 5 from a good lie in the fairway.  Barely a downhill lie if anything.  The left side is all woods.  the pin is behind the foliage and the right side of the green is protected by a little pool fairly tight.  Probably 215 to the green, 235 to the pin.  2nd shot is designed to risk to the green, or lay out to the right where there's a simple collection, abeit also a tight fit, or layup to the right short where it's fairly wide.

I chose the layout with a little draw - if I hit it straight or push, I'm on the short grass with a little chip.  If I do hit the draw, it should be fine.  Bounce up from short, either on, or just short and right of the pond.

5h (200 yard club) and I got the baby draw, but it was absolutely pure.  Came up to the green and noticed the pond protected the entire green, not just the middle/left.  But I carried the green, ball checked up just 5 feet past the ball mark.  (Long putt for eagle - of course I left that short.  good birdie).

(empty course, I went back and tried my 3h - same result, just ball unded up long and just past the fringe, but greenside.  Apparently I was destined to finally hit a good shot on this hole.  I took out 3 holes that previously were problem holes.  good day - these of the season has been killing problem holes.)

Bill - 

par3 135yd slightly uphill big green, pin placed middle left,  tee shot  stopped 10" left side of hole after checking up about 30" in front of hole, tap-in birdie.  Maybe the highest priority in my game today and since I started back to playing after 15 year layoff is an ace.  This shot was one of those that is normally 15 ft after getting up to the green and it looks close on the teebox (because of the angle). 

Played 9 holes yesterday, and on the 5th hole, a 380-yard par-4, I hit a good drive just short of the 150, then an 8I to about 6ft. I wanted the birdie badly, given that it was the no 2 handicap hole. Ran it 3ft past then missed that. My putting just stinks out loud right now. The greens at my home course are being aerated next Monday, so that won’t help a bit.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Par 5 511 yrd……..  Hit un unusually long 294 yd drive (dry conditions, and it rolled quite a ways in the fairway.)  217 2nd shot hit a little short but bounced up on the green and hit the flag stick and stayed on the green and rolled 20 ft away.  Otherwise would have been off into the woods.  2 putted for Birdie !!!!! 

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Playing with @billchao and @David in FL at Dave’s course....I did make about a 15’ putt for par ( totally blew my lag putt by). But putts are boring. I did hit a nice drive that totally cut the corner of a hard dogleg right par 5 that put me in great position. Not a big drive distance wise...just hit a perfect draw and missed all the trees to really cut the corner. 

Come on guys...you both had a lot of good shots...put ‘em up. Lol.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Playing with @billchao and @David in FL at Dave’s course....I did make about a 15’ putt for par ( totally blew my lag putt by). But putts are boring. I did hit a nice drive that totally cut the corner of a hard dogleg right par 5 that put me in great position. Not a big drive distance wise...just hit a perfect draw and missed all the trees to really cut the corner. 

Ha!

Had to be my 3-wood on 18 to 10 feet.  Even made the birdie putt.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Ha!

Had to be my 3-wood on 18 to 10 feet.  Even made the birdie putt.

Ah! And your drive there...like you said...couldn’t really do any better. Great finishing hole!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Mine has to be the drive on the par 5 11th at the Legacy Club that set up the 8i approach for an eagle opportunity. I literally can't hit a better drive than that.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Mine has to be the drive on the par 5 11th at the Legacy Club that set up the 8i approach for an eagle opportunity. I literally can't hit a better drive than that.

Yeah that was golden. Hilarious too...’ that was a crappy eagle putt.’ Oh well..had to settle for that lousy birdie....

Just now, Vinsk said:

Yeah that was golden. Hilarious too...’ that was a crappy eagle putt.’ Oh well..had to settle for that lousy birdie....

Hey, I had to work for that birdie! I left myself a 5' putt from 30'. It was a really shitty eagle putt.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

Hey, I had to work for that birdie! I left myself a 5' putt from 30'. It was a really shitty eagle putt.

Driver, 8i to green on a par 5. That was just sick. 

20 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Driver, 8i to green on a par 5. That was just sick. 

It was a short par 5 😅

Bill

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

294 yard drive?   Impressive!

You know what they say about blind squirrels...

Bill

My Swing Thread

Thursday; par 5 500ish yd uphill to a slightly elevated large flattish green, middle back pin.  Laying 2 in a fairway bunker that I may not have ever been in before (and this is my home).  8 iron, 88 yds judged by my looking over at the hundred yard marker. fluffly lie, good square flat stance with a chest high front lip, uphill to the green.  I've rarely hit a shot like this from a fairway bunker where you're gonna need yards, not just a clean sharp stroke.  This could be in the pure shot thread, it flies to the green (over a trap), hits and settles about 15 ft on the short side for birdie putt.  (of course, I three putted for a bogey)  

Coming off a birdie, bogey, par, par, birdie, par string leading up to the 18th.  Pulled my drive a little, which ricocheted off a palm tree.  Ended up in front of this tree.  REALLY wanted to save par here for a strong finish.  Hooded the club and made a perfect draw-punch shot to within 4 feet.  Forget par, how about a birdie instead!

In the Bag:

Tour Edge Exotics Driver, 3W, 3H, 4H, 5-PW, Adams Golf 54 and 60 Wedges, Wilson SW, Ray Cook putter.