IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

170 Yd par 3 across a pond, hit the flag stick and hit the green 3 inches from the cup...….    Unfortunately, it rolled 5ft away, but, fortunately, made the putt !!! 

2nd best that day was a 270 yd drive that did end up in the fairway..  Prob one of the best drives I've had to date.

• Like 1

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a handful of good shots this week, but my favorite in the approach on the par 5 5th hole (my 23rd hole of the day). I was about 90 yards from a back pin position and instead of hitting a 1/2 wedge of some kind, I decided I had plenty of room to work with on the green and hit a chippy PW on and it rolled to pin high about 15' to the left. Executed exactly as I envisioned it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The three guys playing in front of me waved me up to play through.  After dumping my tee shot about five yards short of the green, I had about 60 feet left to the pin.  I took out my 8 iron and hit a little running pitch that landed on the front of the green and tracked straight to the hole, hit the pin, and stopped about nine inches from the hole.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

From about 178 out on the hardest hole on the course. 5 hybrid that ran out about 15 ft. Left the downhill birdie putt about .5 inch short. Was still really happy with par here.

IMG_20190929_195110_836.jpg

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I played Salem CC this week. On the second hole, from 25 feet off the green, I made a 70 foot putt. It was a tiered green with the flag on the lower tier on the left side about two to three paces from the ridge. I did AimPoint and felt the best way to get close was to play the break off the ridge. It rolled well off the green and proceeded exactly as planned but instead of getting close, it went in. Speed was perfect too.

My putting the whole day was great. I wish my driving was. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Short-sided in a bunker left of the hole on a par 3. Only 8 feet over the lip to the flag. Opened the 56* sand wedge way up, and trickled the ball to 2 inches. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Topped my 4-wood off the tee on a 340 yard Par 4. Had 240 left to the flag, downhill. Could see the top of the flag from where I hit but couldn't see the green. Crushed my 3-hybrid, knew it was online. Delighted to find it 2 feet from the hole. Drained the birdie putt. 

My best shot of the week, or really best shots, were remarkably in the same round. Yesterday on the par-4 4th hole, I had a 9I third after topping my tee shot and hitting a 7I second. The ball drew just like I intended and finished 10 ft out. Two putted for five, which I was happy with after the topped drive. Then, a few holes later, on the par-5 seventh, I hit a so-so drive and had 250 in (the hole was about 465 from whites). I caught all of my 3W, maybe a little more, and finished just a few yards short of the green. Failed to make the up-and-down.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Possibly the best shot of my life...

7th hole at Oaks of Palm Aire is some 320 yards today (est) from the green tees.  But that includes a considerable dogleg, so you can short it.  While there are only a few trees, the flight takes the ball past scary obstacles like OB, water, and a 7-story building! (see attached image)

IMG_1914.thumb.PNG.a932e87a9019480e40d75ec5e7a40c5a.PNG

I recently posted about October winds.  Yeah, this one was blowing right to left and a bit behind me.  My mates each hit the sane shot on what is ultimately a pretty routine par 4.  I teed off last to chuckles as I declared my intent. It was only about 225 to carry the water, so it was not as loony as it seems at first blush. Well I sent it perfectly straight at about a 15 degree loft I would estimate, with the wind pushing it just a bit left at the end. (It really was not quite as close to the apartment building as the image makes it appear, but it was still crazy to even aim it so close.)  The ball bounced once in front of that small center bunker, then over it.  Pin was in the front/left.  Ball settled near the back/right/center of the green and became the most fun birdie I have ever had!

Edited by Cantankerish
wrong yardage for the hole

20191005_150202.jpg

Chipped this to 8'.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Today, we played a new course, first hole a 330-yard par-4. After I hit a 3W just off the fairway, I stiffed a 9I about two feet from the hole. Unlucky for me, the birdie putt lipped out. A birdie start would’ve been nice, but wasn’t disappointed with par.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

After another rotten driver slice I was looking at 165 from the rough with a thicket of pines sitting about half way between me and the green. I hit my 5I about as purely as anything I can remember in a long time. It was pretty neat watching the ball sail over the trees and bounce on the green.

As it turned out, it was just a little too good and I ended up just off the back side of the green. Was still able to get up-and-down for the par. 

12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Give him a few years... he'll be a TST member.  But he's already a TST.  The Swinging Tyke.

Where can I get a driver like that?

My old VRS needs to be retired.

19 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'd start by chatting it up with Bubba Watson.

Yeah. Will do.

I'll probably bump into him the next time I go to The Greenbrier. 

Number 10 on Chaska Town Course.  Lots of really good shots this day including some long shots.... But a short par 4 usually a nice easy break for me stands out with the aproach.

I was hitting well, so I pulled driver and planned to just hit over the left fairway bunker.  Not hard and there's room for a miss.  Usually leaves an 8 iron or so or shorter.  And there's a tail wind, so maybe I should swing extra hard.......yanked it left towards #9 fairway and now there's a stand of trees between me and the green.  To make it worse, I crushed it, so it's too close to the trees and they are tall.  104 out, mostly tail wind, slight push from the right.  The tallest tree is right on my line.  Funny how being in the wrong fairway makes the shots harder....

Though my sand wedge is normally my 100 yard full swing, I've not hit it great this year - suffering from not committing.  100 yards max.  And I have uploft it to pull this shot off due to the big trees.

No issue committing to this one.  perfect and pure and I land on the right half of the green close to pin highand it even spins left.  leaving and 8 footer right to left for birdie - which I miss of course.....

That was a satisfying wedge.

2019-10-28 08_56_57-Number 10.jpg - Paint.jpg

Bill -