IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Had pretty rough front nine today with my swing thoughts. Took one beer after the nine and decided to just let go on back nine and things got way better, bombed all drives and wedges were good. Just 2 birdies tho of which this hole 18 one was tasty as I've been struggling with this before.

We had quite heavy headwind and I joked with one guy in our group that I'll offer him a beer if he gets it on the green with 2 shots, he made a meal offer in exchange. Althought this plays only 516 yards from the yellow tees, I feel into the headwind we had it's nearly impossible to get there in 2 with my distances, because there's so much elevation towards green.

1921737703_Nayttokuva2020-7-3kello18_43_14.png.e903b14b1db10a6ebd690f4d24d02ed2.png

Hit a really good drive that penetrated throught the wind quite nice being aprox 260-270 yards long. Usually don't hit 3 wood off the fairways since it's quite wild for me, but decided to go for it. Instead of killing it and trying to go for green in hopes of free meal, I hit one little easier over the trees on left side and ended up in good spot for a little wedge. Hit the wedge slightly heavy from a uphill lie and it ended up being ~10 feet short. Did sink the putt which had bit right to left break, patted myself on the back for having the self control to not attack the green.

After sauna and that birdie the meal tasted amazing even thought I paid it myself. 😄

Edited by Tepi90
Wrong tee in the pic

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best shot of the week for me is easily my third shot on #7 today. Topped a driver, topped my 2h, sat about 110 left to the hole in the right rough. Choked down a full GW and hit it to 6', made the putt for par.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Best shot for me this week was also the closest I've ever been to holing out something besides a chip or short pitch.

Had 124 to a back flag, was aiming for a 120 yd shot with my 54 degree, absolutely pured it and it never left the flagstick for a tap in birdie.

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I had two Friday that should qualify as a tie lol. 

First- I hit a block cut tee shot into a parallel fairway that left me about 150 from the stick but nearly blocked out by some trees. I decided to hit a hard 8 iron and take on the trees. Hit it perfectly and just made it over the top and could see through a small gap of the trees my ball come down right near the stick. Turns out it ran out about 15 feet but a great outcome nonetheless. Made Par. 

Second- After topping a fairway shot into a hazard I needed to get up and down from about 105 yards for a bogey and likely halve the hole in my match. Knocked down an approach wedge and it came off beautifully and the ball struck a backstop about 5 feet behind the back and sucked back to less than a foot. Kick in bogey save...and yes I halved the hole 🙂 

Par 5...……  3rd shot into the hazard in front of the green.  Did a drop and pitched it onto the green and dropped in the cup from 50 yds out.  Of course, the wife said, "about time you made a good shot".

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

I’ve got a tie for best shot of the week.

1) This was from my tournament. I holed out a bump-and-run for eagle on the short par-5 13th. It was my first eagle too which was exciting!

2) This was from my round yesterday. On the par-5 ninth, I hit my drive into the fairway bunker at the corner of the dogleg. I managed to make solid contact with a 5W, and it landed on the green and stopped about twelve feet out. That shot resulted in a two-putt birdie.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Hole #1, 505 yard par-5

Hole is a dogleg right with a bunker complex on the right side at the corner of the dogleg. I was challenging myself and playing from second longest tee boxes today. It’s about a 275 yard carry to clear the furthest bunker, cut off the dogleg, and shorten the hole considerably.

This target line is risky. If you don’t carry it far enough you end up in one of three nasty bunkers 225-260 yards out from the green, or in long fescue rough between the bunkers. If you miss right, your ball lands in a red staked marsh And you’re dropping and hitting 3 from 280-300 yards.

I took the aggressive line and hit a great drive that flew the furthest bunker and rolled out to 335 yards. I had about 160 left into the green and ended up with a bogey, but at least the drive was good.  

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

18 hours ago, billchao said:

Best shot of the week for me is easily my third shot on #7 today. Topped a driver, topped my 2h, sat about 110 left to the hole in the right rough. Choked down a full GW and hit it to 6', made the putt for par.

So which topped shot was the best one then?😜

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 hours ago, klineka said:

Best shot for me this week was also the closest I've ever been to holing out something besides a chip or short pitch.

Had 124 to a back flag, was aiming for a 120 yd shot with my 54 degree, absolutely pured it and it never left the flagstick for a tap in birdie.

image.png

Now THAT is what keeps me coming back, great shot !

Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course - Hole # 2 - Par 3 - 158 yards

The pin was tucked in the back right portion of the green, and guarded by a bunker front-right.  The tees were back, so it was playing about 165 yards to the pin.  I hit a seven iron that never left the flag, and wound up about 20 feet past the pin.  Made par.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Since nobody seems to be hitting good shots, I'll share again.  Wednesday, whilst breaking 90 for the second time this week, I hit my shot of the week.  On the par four eleventh at Riverpines, I wound up in the greenside bunker, with a pretty severe downhill lie, and about 20 yards to the pin.  I had about fifteen yards of bunker to clear, so I couldn't get cute with the shot.  I hooded the blade on my 58° a little bit, and thumped the hell out of the sand.  The ball landed about a yard over the bunker in the fringe and the bounded onto the green.  It finished about ten feet past the hole, and I burned the edge of the hole with my par putt, but that bunker shot was magnificent.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

20 yard pitch from off hard pan dirt, over a bunker to 3 feet. Made the putt for par. Now if I can just avoid having to do this shot, that would be real nice.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

The first shot was good (292 yard drive), but the second shot was a touchy feely wedge from 104 yards off a steep sidehill/downhill lie. Hit it to three feet.

2913035_6CxB55Tv.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

18th hole, which let me check off the whole back nine in the birdie challenge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nothing spectacular, just good scrambling today. 

About 150 yards out...pushed my tee shot behind some trees. Had a gap and decided to try to hit a low punch cut under and around the trees with a 6 iron and pulled it off to about 20 feet. 

Feels good to talk over a shot, picture the shot, and then execute it exactly as planned. 

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

18th hole of our tournament at Stony Creek.  I had played particularly well on the front but oil was leaking down the stretch.  #18 is a dogleg left par 4 and I hit through the dogleg into a fairway bunker.  When I surveyed my position, it was worse than I had hoped.  Over the years the tree line apparently grew out and from the bunker one was blocked from going directly at the green.  I could go short and left of the green, or try to fade an uphill 170 yard shot.  Option #2 brought a left greenside bunker into play if the shot did not fade.

i decided short, left of the green made the most sense but I figured I would also try to hit a bit of a fade in hopes of running the shot close to the front of the green.  I did not want to go in the greenside bunker.

Obviously, my shot was a success, otherwise I would be posting in the "Bonehead Shot of the Week" thread. I made a solid strike and managed to fade the ball.  It ended up a couple feet short of the green, straight up hill 20 feet to the hole.  My "putt" from off the green was solid for a tap in par.

• Like 2

Brian Kuehn

Another par 5 and sorry this is again more like "Hole of the week", but the good and bad shots seem to come in groups these days. This was only birdie of the round, althought had really good tries on few holes. Course was pretty wet since we have had so much rain for like 2 weeks.

This is quite tricky to open further than 200-210m as it would require very accurate fading shot for righty. Hit a solid 4 iron off the tee (Red arrow) which stopped ~200m off the tee. I was in perfect position to attack close to the green with 3 wood, but I was still bit paralyzed off hitting 2 tops on hole two and I just wanted to get more good contacts to build the confidence.

Measured that the left side fairway bunker was 210m from me and at first I was thinking of going with 5 iron to middle of fairway. Out of nowhere I managed to analyze the situation more; the flag was tucked behind the greenside bunker (bit more right and down of where it's in the picture I think) and there's alot of downhill from by spot. Realized with 5 iron I was in danger of reaching the left hand fairway bunker if I pull the shot and ontop of that middle of fairway shot would leave me tricky wedge over the bunker to narrow green. Quickly switched to 6 iron and aimed it to left side of fairway so I'd have better angle to attack the pin without having to go over the greenside bunker.

The shot ended up being pretty much perfect (Blue arrow) and I joked with guys in my group that it was the first wise golf shot of my career. Third shot with wedge was lacking bit of commitment and pulled it to the left side of green and ended up with really long (9-10m if I'd have to guess) right to left breaking putt. Ended up draining it in and said it was longest of my career, the guys in group laughed that's alot of "career first" shots on one hole. 😄

The putt was probably greatest I've ever had, but still I would pick the second shot with 6 iron as my shot of the week.

1282164059_Nayttokuva2020-7-15kello9_26_52.png.5248421afc6ecd4d4ae9dc1563db5a4d.png

• Upvote 1

A toss up between 2 shots. 

About 20 yards out on the fairway. Decided to putt all the way up and drained it for a birdie. 

Then on 18, I'm losing by 3 strokes and the guy I'm playing with is in position to make a bogey. I bombed a drive in the rough to the left on a long par 4, leaving myself 160 out. I know I have to hole out to force a playoff. Grab an 8 iron and pure one right at the pin. Ball mark is about 2' away and rolls out to 8'. Obviously a VERY long shot to actually hole out, but it felt good to think there was a chance while it was in the air lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)